Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

HF2000

Thou shall not pass!!!
Staff
Premium
maxresdefault.jpg

1446052304-roa110115fea-specmiata02.jpg

Welcome to the RD Racing Club.

This week the fourth event of the 2021 FAT-ALFIE Championship.

We stay in Germany but now to a more mountainous area near Feldberg. If you liked the Deutschlandring, you're going to love the Feldbergring. As we've seen at the vintage car events recently, it's a very challenging course, especially as you're easily distracted by the beautiful details of the landscape.

Because of the length of the track qualify time is increased to 15 min for both cars. Therefore practice session is shortend by 10 min. So qualify starts 10min earlier!

Additional information:
We use realistic track conditions as opposed to our regular events where we have optimal conditions.

Look at the event configuration to see what they are.
For temperatures and wind, the historical average values of the location on that date are used. Grip is what you can expect from road tracks: far from optimum. This affects the handling of the car and possibly fuel consumption and tyre wear. So don't be discouraged if you can't get close to your PB in practice.
The practice server is configured accordingly.

1200px-Feldberg-Rundrennstrecke.svg.png

Server information:
  • Practice Server: #04 (Available throughout the race week)
  • Race server: S.GP
  • 20:00 CEST, 19:00 BST (19:00 UTC) | 1 hour 5 minutes - Official Practice
  • 21:10 CEST, 20:10 BST (20:10 UTC) | 30 minutes - Qualification (15 min TT, 15 min MX5)
  • 21:40 CEST, 20:40 BST (20:40 UTC) | 60 minutes - Race
IMPORTANT:
  • Qualify is split (not forced, gentleman's agreement). First 15min for the Audi's, second 15min for the MAZDA's. Don't go on track in the window of the other car class.
  • Blue Flags: If an MX5 driver gets a Blue Flag from a TT, he has to stay on the racing line to be predictable. You can help the TT by lifting on the straight, but you don't have to! The TT driver is responsible for a safe overtake. Losing time doing this is part of the game and applies to any TT. If you receive a blue flag from your own class, the normal rules apply.

Event details:
  • Cars: Audi TT Cup/Mazda MX5 Cup
  • Track: Feldbergring, Germany
  • Pit stop: Mandatory between 10 min and 50 min.
  • Race condition: see Event Configuration on S.GP
  • Damage: 10%
  • Further info on simracing.gp

Useful Links:

Entry list:

Last edited:
A message to all Drivers,

If you run off track, you have to check to see that its clear before you re enter the track. Do not just keep the gas pinned and pull back on track.

When entering the track from the pits, stay off the racing line until you are up to speed. Do not race on your out lap, let other drivers by. On re-entering the track stay off the racing line until you are up to race speed and do not block any fast approaching car.

Golden Rule
  1. If you hit somebody off the track and carry on like nothing happened, you take the risk of being banned for 30 days.
  2. Instead, you should always wait for the affected drivers, and that way you can be 100% sure you will not get a ban.
Track limits
  1. No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a lift of the gas please.
    You will be penalized if you break our rules
Note: Please use your full real name in Discord. Not doing so may result in you being kicked from the server if an admin cannot identify you as a premium

OK, it´s official.

The armored transport does not comply to my driving style.
( I´m a pretent race driver, so it must be the cars fault. :redface:)

I guess noone will see outside my simulator till race day. Lot´s of work to do......

Carsten

Since I still have to learn how to bring the "car" home after a race distance ( on a flatbed doesn´t count :sick:)
can anyone comfirm that the hard slicks can go the race distance??

(I also wrecked at fish bone creek/ Grätenbach while scrolling through the pit menue, so adjusting while driving is not in the cards for me)
( and it´s forbidden in Germany, we´re not allowed " to use electronic devices while driving")

Any hints apreciated, Carsten

Since I still have to learn how to bring the "car" home after a race distance ( on a flatbed doesn´t count :sick:)
can anyone comfirm that the hard slicks can go the race distance??

(I also wrecked at fish bone creek/ Grätenbach while scrolling through the pit menue, so adjusting while driving is not in the cards for me)
( and it´s forbidden in Germany, we´re not allowed " to use electronic devices while driving")

Any hints apreciated, Carsten
Hards will be fine for the race, Carsten.

Hi chaps! I went to the hospital for a check of the hearing on my left ear. :cautious: Wasn't any better after treatment so the doctor decided to go for an intervention straight away.

Due to that I gotta rest 24 hours, therefore I must withdraw from tonight's race. :( A shame but gotta follow doctor's orders. Good thing i got my weekly racing fix last night with the Minis, that was fun!

Sorry about the short notice Han, do I have to free the spot? It's just this one race, but if so let me know @HF2000

Enjoy Feldberg gents and have a great race tonight. I'll wave you from the couch if @Chris Down decides to stream it... and stays away from the trees, haha! :D

Hi chaps! I went to the hospital for a check of the hearing on my left ear. :cautious: Wasn't any better after treatment so the doctor decided to go for an intervention straight away.

Due to that I gotta rest 24 hours, therefore I must withdraw from tonight's race. :( A shame but gotta follow doctor's orders. Good thing i got my weekly racing fix last night with the Minis, that was fun!

Sorry about the short notice Han, do I have to free the spot? It's just this one race, but if so let me know @HF2000

Enjoy Feldberg gents and have a great race tonight. I'll wave you from the couch if @Chris Down decides to stream it... and stays away from the trees, haha! :D
Hi Raul,
Sorry to hear that. No you don't have to give up your spot. If you do, you will miss the grand final at Fonteny!! We can't have that, can we?
Take care!

Raul, get well soon :thumbsup:

It´s better to not start once and become healthy again so we can race together in the future.

Hopefully can make it tonight as this afternoon my laptop acted up and lost the connection multiple times.
Let´s hope it´s just the wifi, my driving PC is connected by cable.

Hope to see you, Carsten

Well, that was actually an Audi race I liked. :)

Great track, lots of freebies on the first lap, but the " giving guys" in the end to fast for me! Shame.

Overall I´m quite happy with this one, didn´t make any catastrophic mistakes.
( And Chris, don´t you dare to send the curse back to me!!:O_o:)

Thanks Han for this great experience, now I´ll start working on Fonteny ;)

And Cheers to the other Racers, friendly and respectfull racing.

See you guys.

After the intense race with the Minis on Tuesday, I expected a more relaxed event with the MX5 at the Feldbergring. With long straights between the turns and a 11.2km track I thought I would be cruising for most of the race. But no, @Allan Ramsbottom and I battled all hour, even in the pits. Only on the last lap, where I forced myself a little too much, did the gap grow to 3s. So I was soaked and very tired afterwards, but I had a great race. Shame of course that Allan won, but he deserved it because he was faster, more consistent and because he was unlucky on lap 1 where I could pass him.

This is such a great track and every time we have a race here I love it. It will definitely be on the list for next year's championships that I will host.

Congratulations on the podium! Nice to see @Chris Down not winning twice in a row:p! Looks like he's found his match in @Erik Axelsson:thumbsup: . Do I see any resemblance to Lewis/Max:whistling:?

Anyway, for anyone who found out they needed more practice beforehand for this track, a word of warning for the final race in this championship: Fonteny is 2.2 times longer!

Last edited:
Again, obvious race for me, needed 4th place, with Richard as my main rival, Chris, Marko and Erik were out of my league especially on a long circuit. Kept all my P2P just in case I had problems or an advantage race end, I just about had enough pace with P2P to last one lap.
But did not need that as the race was pretty much done 3 laps from the end, lot of luck with Marko doing 180 Deg first lap, in fact lot of luck for most of this race.
Great event with a lot of drama, and many thanks to @HF2000 for the organisation.
The length of the circuit pretty much dulled any Mazda influence on this race, just the odd near miss.
:)
where was the chequered flag.:O_o:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back