Race #4, Bahrain: Post-Race Discussion

So Vladimer, you saying that it might caused bigger crash, if you stop or try to brake on a place where everybody is braking and double cautious because of crashing, than not braking and rolling into the braking field?
Why?
Norbert, like I said, it was a split second decision to do it that way, because some top drivers (who previously had BOG penalty) were coming from the back, it is a decision I took at the time and again I am sorry but it's not something that happens often to roll backwards like that. Maybe the fact I am in a yellow car is the reason of this bad luck :D

who said simracing isn't tough?

Funny that the left part is dry, I wonder why :whistling::whistling:

Attachments

• huehueheuheue.jpg
    huehueheuheue.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 270
  • hueheuhe.jpg
    hueheuhe.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 272
I'm sorry but you don't need to practice going backwards into T1. Your excuse can't be not having experience in doing that. It's just ridiculous. There was a whole pack of cars behind you and they were all gonna brake to make T1 obviously so you just need to have common sense to figure out that rolling right into the apex isn't really a good idea. And from what I remember from the replay you didn't even have anyone in front of you so you could have just slammed on the brakes without any problem.

[QUOTE="Vladimer Mereli, post: 2007314, member: 206860":D Seriously in my mind I can picture it now, I can even make the APEX :)[/QUOTE]

This reminds me from what I seen from pro in the past days, maybe you should consider going there instead of rolling in WC.

WC isnt for learning, Pro it is...

Your excuse can't be not having experience in doing that. It's just ridiculous.
Exactly as Kuba said. WC should be pinnacle of F1 simracing, and you should be there only if you have enough of experiences in all kind of racing situations, to perform well and without any risks for other drivers.
If you want to be there, you can. But if you cause something, then the lack of experiences cant be your excuse anymore. For "experience purposes" are here other divisions and WC is not the one of them...

And from what I remember from the replay you didn't even have anyone in front of you so you could have just slammed on the brakes without any problem.
Like I said there is always a better version of any decision. So yes maybe that would have been a better version but that's not how it happened. I am glad Di Loretto finished in points and the fact that Greco was indeed infront of me and was safe from my car. As for the guys who were not safe as a result of it I am not glad about it at all, infact I am very sorry for you, but like Vettel said - TOUGH LUCK :) If WC is such a pinnacle I will need to ask you how after all this Di Loretto finished in Points? In regards to me speaking about lack of experience rolling backwards into T1, I was of course being sarcastic, as there is no such thing as "experience rolling backwards into T1". And another thing I will say to the pinnacles of racing... For some magic reason, in the last 22 races I had 2 accidents which I was blamed for, and maybe 1 for which I wasn't. Both of these races where in the pinnacle of sim racing.. go figure :cautious: Next time u have a **** accident which I often see here, we will see how u feel about it.

P.S. This "pinnacle" thing makes me want to say a few more things while staying respectful. 1. Whatever pinnacle happened in China, the driver never took any caution at all when I was stuck in the middle of the track. Apex speed was the same like on previous 2 laps and that is when he saw smokes way before and had lots of time to take the corner slower with more caution. So nothing pinnacle-ish there, I should also not bare the fault of the "DNF" in that case and PP should be "-1.25" based on the system. 2. Disley did the pinnacle of the year braking before the 150 mark when the car was not even at top speeds. And dont tell me "cold brakes" pinnacles of sim racing should know how to warm the brakes for the start. I had my brakes around 500C. In case for some pinnacle-ish reason a pinnacle driver brakes early, he should realize this much earlier than it happened there. The speed drop of Disleys car was huge. So lets cut this pinnacle crap and just realize that mistakes happen and **** happens, u can't argue with the above. Now I am done :) and really I hope Disley is fine with what I wrote and how I wrote it, at least I think he doesn't consider himself as a pinnacle like some of u do :D Also I think in case of Disley maybe he did realize it earlier, and then we would be speaking about a pinnacle of a server hosting these pinnacle races :)

Last edited:
Mereli, it's the start of the race going into turn 1, some cars generally will brake early, and some people will take it easy. Judging from the video, Disley did nothing wrong apart from take it easy into turn 1. You lost control under braking because you was not careful enough and you was not ready for any cars that was going to brake a bit earlier either (Due to it being the start of the race)

It's as simple as that, accept the fault, punishment, and move on.

I'm sorry but at China the incident wasn't caused by you sitting in the middle of the track but by you MOVING BACK ONTO THE RACING LINE. The driver would have had plenty of room inside and outside but you chose to move. If you wouldn't have moved, and he ran into you that would be his fault.

Bahrain was caused by you not locking up when backwards. You probably would have prevented some, if not all from retiring if you would have done that. You went from veering left to following the racing line around T1. Locking your brakes would have made you go straight or keep left.

For 2 races you have ignored some basic principles of racing. The penalty points are well deserved.

I hope Disley is fine with what I wrote and how I wrote it, at least I think he doesn't consider himself as a pinnacle like some of u do :D Also I think in case of Disley maybe he did realize it earlier, and then we would be speaking about a pinnacle of a server hosting these pinnacle races :)

Blair has been racing in FSR WC almost a decade, he got few wins as well if I don't remember wrong. Reason he brakes earlier is because ping from Australia to Europe server is over 200 ms, it's the only sensible thing to do with those pings to play it safe at start. The issue has nothing to do with the server, Disley or rF2.

I'm sorry but at China the incident wasn't caused by you sitting in the middle of the track but by you MOVING BACK ONTO THE RACING LINE. The driver would have had plenty of room inside and outside but you chose to move. If you wouldn't have moved, and he ran into you that would be his fault.
Never argued about that part, thanks for remind me what I already know. I was claiming something totally different.
Bahrain was caused by you not locking up when backwards. You probably would have prevented some, if not all from retiring if you would have done that. You went from veering left to following the racing line around T1. Locking your brakes would have made you go straight or keep left.
For 2 races you have ignored some basic principles of racing. The penalty points are well deserved.
Here I disagree, because although I was at fault after the spin, Disley must be accountable for whatever happened before that and for sending me into the spin, as he wasn't "just taking it easy", the braking was far harder than "taking it easy". Taking easy means u release the throttle, pressurize the brake just a little and ready for braking.

Omg, clearly bashing the others is better way, than admit your own fault.

In China, that driver would make the corner without any problems - without your stupid (amateurish) move. Still you cant see that...

In Bahrain, there is really dangerous 180° T1 with 20+ cars on track. Dont be suprised, when some of the drivers want to take it easy to be sure. Also JES had good point with that ping.

If you are as experienced, as you wrote some time ago, you should know, that you have to expect such a behaviour before T1. You must be prepared for braking earlier and also expect people infront of you to brake earlier. Somebody will take it more agressive, somebody will take it easy - and you cant know who. Therefore you have to expect unexpectable, sometimes...

But naaah, for #ThePinnacleHeadlineVlad its not his mistake to spin and roll to the T1 without any braking... Simply said - you was the one behind - you had to be more cautious and any crash with guys infront would go on your own. Same, as it would be in real traffic on public roads...

PS: Probably, if you wouldnt move forward in China, but would use reverse gear instead, to rejoin safely - you would be experienced enough in "T1 reversing" for Bahrain.. :thumbsup:

As a long time watcher of FSR and admin of Race Departments other open wheel series in rFactor 2 we would look at the incident with videos and then discuss what went wrong, the first priority is to analyse the incident from various points of view, we should then get the point that whoever was at fault he takes responsibility and sees the error of his ways making sure it doesnt happen again,, making racing in future much safer, the point is not to apportion blame but to make everyone safer in the long run.

What I see here is someone not seeing they have done wrong which in turn makes any future racing unsafe as the same problems could very well happen again, I think maybe words should be exchanged via PM to force home the FSR admins decision and reasons, If that doesnt work then harsher punishment maybe.

Sorry to butt in but it reminds me of some of what Presto has seen in the past :thumbsup:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 86 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 322 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 456 39.3%