Race #4, Bahrain: Post-Race Discussion

hey guys...

as weird as it can seem, after everything went fine in preQ, my game was systematically crashing once we get to the official race session, and so I wasn't able to participate in the race (after the time I spent on this track, that's a bit tough to swallow). I know the function has been deactivated and all, but I'd like to make sure that no one among the top 10 pro drivers is using some virtual team files (.rcd file + driver's name directory) and/or .dds files within the FSR 2015 car directory (in player settings). It has been shown before that it was causing some mess, and I wouldn't want that some still unfixed bug in the game is still trying to do sth with these files even when deactivated on client & server sides.

Absolutely nothing left to be angry after charging hard on mediums from the back of the field (thanks to some genius who caused carnage in T2) with crazy vibrations for 15 laps, overtaking 4 cars up to P10 and then being taken out in T2 again. Unbeliviable, after I just sat for a minute behind the wheel completely stunned.

Last edited:
Unlucky race for me e my teammate, another disaster at the start, a concact with vicentijevic destroyed my left suspension and tyre.. Car Broke for alla race.. Hope for the next GP will better

Second down on my PB...:thumbsdown:

Move from 15-12th by my first stop with some good battles. :thumbsup:

Hit the wrong button for pit limiter and cost myself 30sec rather than 1s for being more careful :thumbsdown:

Spinning in T14 Thx to pushing too hard through the previous corner and running wide/burning tyres, right as the leaders and a car I had already passed were coming, so lost a further 10s as I couldn't move without entering the track :thumbsdown:

Spend the rest of the race hunting down cars and having some good racing :thumbsup:, from 21st after 1stop to P14 pretty satisfied.

Apologies to Valeriano for failing to get out of the way on the last lap, luckily he didn't lose much time and wouodnt have caught next position either. Lost control of the car on exit t4 and could not get out of the racing line to allow blue flag pass. Ironically I was pushing to try to catch Eugene, who ended up braking his rear wing and I passed him in the last corner.

Was a fun day despite some big mistakes, maybe next time I can drop a lap under pressure and actually make Q2 for once lol

@Pascal Chapon
so sorry you had these issues.
As you know I had the same freezes as you on our server.
I went on FSR server with my main RF2 install and same.
So I switched to my lite install which just has FSR content and it was thankfully ok.
Maybe a lite install with the minimal content (eg I dont have motec ( I run the testing etc in the main install) or fanaleds or deltabest. Hope you get it sorted pal.

Race
My brief sad story.
After an average quali and P20 I took ppls advice and started from pit lane on primes so P24 instead of P20 with some fast guys behind me with BOGs.
End of lap 1 I was P16 after driving past a few wrecks. Exit of 2 looked like the set of Mad Max, exit of T10 looked a bit like a garage sale. I figured what the hell is going on I'm already P16 and it's one lap. Very conservative lap 1 and @Mihajlo Vićentijević made a nice attack into T1 so I stayed wide to leave him room. This compromised my line into and exit of T2 and whoever it was behind me didnt take that into account as he took T2 on the optimum line and his overspeed took him into my gearbox. I had front wing and suspension damage.

Always a shame after much practice. I was on a 1 stop and most looking fwd to jumping some 2 stoppers who started on options.
Still thanks all for the race, short as it was.

Oh yeah one glitch I noticed, if a back marker happens to overtake a lapping car(as I did after my lapper ran wide), you don't get blue flags when they come to lap you the second time...something possibly needs to be looked into?

Dat start :D

Was a very fun and interesting race for me, even if the end result wasn't quite what I intended. First stint on the option tyres was fairly meh, found it hard to get by Ben and Luca even though some corners I was much quicker. Stopped lap 15, could have only done one more lap max. Didn't practice so much due to school and exams so mediums for the rest of the race was a big unknown for me. So many fantastic battles and found myself going defensive pretty often.

Apologies to Nikodem, I slowed a bit unexpectedly and left inside wide open for him to lap me but we made contact, after that suspension damage ruined my run through turn 11. Eventually I had a massive spin there and in the final corner too. With 4 laps to go tyres reached the cliff and suspension damage felt even worse, only just managed to bring it home in P16!

Shame I couldn't have stayed in P12 and got some extra precious points but it was always going to be difficult with less practice and a one stop strategy. Got destroyed by those on the option tyres at the end so there's a lesson to be learned there.

Congratulations to my teammate Jacques Wengler, brilliant second race, hopefully I can learn off you over the course of the season. Overall a good haul of points for ZERO.

Biggest thing I learnt: Illuminati no work :D

No words for start. Just this video.

Newcomer causing the entire pileup. No surprise.
Also some weird lag incident in the second part i have no idea what happened.

Race went better than I expected, especially because I couldn't find the rhythm on this track. I missed Q1 and had to start from the back, which was a blessing in disguise given the t2 carnage. Slowly managed to climb back to 10th place with a 2 stop strategy and finished less than 2 seconds behind the other Andrea.
A few interesting battles during the race, but I didn't take any big risk and i didn't have the pace to do much better than 10 anyway.
Sadly I am going to miss the next race, on a track that I like much better...

Q1: Shocker, 0.6 off my best, dirty lap.
Q2: Half spin at T4, 31.8. Much lolz

Race: At the start it was pretty even, and quiet through T1. Then carnage in front of me, had to brake real hard to not hit Michele I think. Got away again, and watching the replay, you know better than me how I got through it without an ounce of damage. I just wish people would be more considerate on lap 1 though, since every race innocent people's races get ruined.

After that, I just kept a calm pace and try not to overheat the left front too much. It was very quiet, as it normally is with a 1 stopper as you're never really catching anybody.

Thanks to Mike for your directing, as well as congrats to the top 3. You were in another league really.

[/QUOTE]
Very conservative lap 1 and @Mihajlo Vićentijević made a nice attack into T1 so I stayed wide to leave him room. This compromised my line into and exit of T2 and whoever it was behind me didnt take that into account as he took T2 on the optimum line and his overspeed took him into my gearbox. I had front wing and suspension damage./QUOTE]

Sorry about that. I know that feeling when you drop out of the race because a lot of hard you tried.:(

I hope that next time will be no problem.;)

Very conservative lap 1 and @Mihajlo Vićentijević made a nice attack into T1 so I stayed wide to leave him room. This compromised my line into and exit of T2 and whoever it was behind me didnt take that into account as he took T2 on the optimum line and his overspeed took him into my gearbox. I had front wing and suspension damage./QUOTE]

Sorry about that. I know that feeling when you drop out of the race because a lot of hard you tried.:(

I hope that next time will be no problem
.;)[/QUOTE]
Hey Mihajlo
You have nothing to say sorry for, it was a great move and I knew the apex was yours.
You either had good top speed or I was a bit slow due to no warmup lap and cold everything and being a bit careful.
The funny thing was that in the car it felt that I was hit and spun from behind by the next driver.
I carefully watched the replay a few times and in fact my line was pretty bad in T2 and I was in a small slide and had already applied some opposite lock, my speed was down 25-30kph. The car behind didnt have much chance to avoid me and actually braked at the last moment. Yes he finished the job with the contact and made a big slide out of a small slide but my car was in a bit of bother b4 he got there. Maybe I would have recovered it, maybe not. Being T2 possibly not!
So with earlier plans to maybe protest, I realised that I couldnt place substantial blame on anyone else.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 113 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 155 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 291 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 419 39.6%