Race #3, China: Post-Race Discussion

It says everything.....

Attachments

• 2014-05-18 17.14.08.jpg
    2014-05-18 17.14.08.jpg
    411 KB · Views: 287
Started 19th. Had a great start as always, saw some car parts flying in the start straight and tried to stay away from them (luckily didnt get a puncture while driving over something).
Then stabilized at around 14th place.
The race was perfect, chose the right tire strategy and executed it well. Made a few overtakes and finished 9th. Wonderful race, 2 races before this were a nightmare!

Eduard Kore

Should've been 11th, but nooo, black screen freeze freeze for 10 seconds in t6/7, dumped me down to 14th.

Flawless race from my own side, not fast, but pretty happy with my progress thus far.

Thanks for some great battles, notably James Sadler.

Cya in Imola/Melbourne. :thumbsup:

PS: Had a nice front row seat to Carmageddon right in front of me. Mass *up!

i only started testing for this race about 4 hours before the race started. so i only did like 80 laps total testing before qualifying started so i was definitely way less than everyone else.

pq1 was good did a 36.9

q1 was okay couldn't really nail a lap together did a 37.3 but was still enough for top 10

q2 lap i was up on 1st after s2 but i ****ed up the last corner lost 0.5 so was 8th instead of possible top 4

race had a good start went from 9th to 7th before turn 1 and i battled and got 6th unfortunately made little contact which got little damage from bent the steering a little bit. i was doing a 1 stopper and if i didn't get the traffic in the 1st stint, and if i didn't have a big lag moment on lap 26 i lost 6 seconds there i could of been a possible top 5 result but end of the day if i want a podium i need to do more than 80 laps testing before qualifying starts haha!

Drivers Involved James Sadler & Dimitry Zaharov.

I apologise to Dimitry for the incident. I should have looked in my mirrors to see if you were there before I moved across. However, I don't understand why you would try and overtake a car that had lapped you. I know cars can unlap themselves but it has history of going wrong and that's exactly what happened here.

Anyway it was my fault and I apologise.

Good luck to everyone for the next race at Imola.

Great race for the Twister cars! I set a PB in Q2 of a 1:37.0 so I was well pleased. Qualified in 3rd! Great!

Started off I held my position nicely and just tried to stay with Jorrick, managed to do so, but Dan Brewer was constantly keeping me under pressure, so I had no chance to relax. Pitted in and came out, to then realise Daniel was still staying out, which made it clear he was 1 stopping. He pitted on lap 15 (?) and came out right behind me, in the DRS zone, again the pressure was on. 2nd stop I grabbed some softs, which put him around 22 seconds infront with 12 laps to go. I blitzed past Jorrick and back into 3rd, pushing hard to gain 18 seconds in 10 laps!

Final lap I managed to overtake Dan as he wiggled accelerating out of turn 2, I was touching the kerb and couldn't accelerate or I'd spin :roflmao: But cleanly overtook Dan and gained 3 seconds on him on the final lap i think, which proves his tires were shot!

Great race, enjoyed it. Grats to Dan on the podium, well deserved for you :) And to Rens for 1st. Best result ever in FSR for me of 2nd, and a Twister 1-2 makes it even better! :laugh:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 114 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 155 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 293 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 422 39.7%