Race 2- sepang track looks terrible.....

It's a deffo no for me. Not because Luca's version is not better or anything, I haven't see the track anyway.
Only reason is that we have started our testing so you just can't change the track now.
That simple.

Stop complaining ladies, go and drive. The track wont change your results, and searching for new tracks dont make you faster ;)

but thats a pretty pointless comment.
thats not the point is it - we are not talking about whether it makes you faster.

this is supposed to be the best f1 sim league in the world, and its streamed online 'televised'. you want the track to look as authentic as possible - and the version thats been posted by luka's is far more representative of the track that was raced at by the Real F1 3 weeks ago.

that is an undeniable fact....it obviously is more authentic and better to look at it.....and the kerbs are much more realistic. So why not use this track instead? theres still a week to go before the races, its not going to cause disruption with peoples setups because the road layout is the same.
this is simracing, and it is obviously nicer to drive on the authentic tracks used in the real f1 world championship.

The pictures are very little but you can try the tracks by yourself. This is a general idea of the change.

df726a654ac46e4364d74505037dd7b3.gif

a5da30c57b25b2b3f957a5405802ed36.gif

I don't have any problem to race in the actual version, but like Mo said from my point of view it is more visual realistic the new one and I think it will improve the image of the broadcast.
If it is a problem of framerate, then I understand to use the old version.

To use Luka's version would be absolutely epic :).

The track is a joy to drive on and elements of the track are better than the one we are currently using.

The track doesn't have too much grip and overheat the tyres unlike the one we use.

The curbs feel perfect to me, not awkward and slippery like the other one.

It's not as though all previous testing is negated as I immidiately beat my previous best by 0.6s.

There is a far better flow on track and this translates into fun driving.

The track is just aesthetically pleasing and being in that nice environment is enjoyable and will be better for anyone.

If there are problems like broadcasting such a demanding track or the threat of lag etc then I'll understand not using it. However if there is no problem, why not spoil us?

Luka's track is almost 1sec quicker then the track we use :)
And i think its a bit to late to change the track now coz some of us already did 700(me for example) and ever more laps on this track

I like the looks of this track, especially the kerbs seem closer to real footage compared to the current version. Anyway, as Johannes pointed out, we have a lack of personnel at moment in track testing, meaning it would be a very risky move for FSR to use an untested track, as potential bugs could appear later on which could not be fixed then.

Secondly, switching the track a week after release does not work in practise. It might be worth refreshing that FSR is run by the ISR Club, which in turn is owned by the World Championship team owners. Not to speak against anyone in particular, but team owners have their own competitive interests, to which changing the track a week later does not fit (which is also a shame in a way). The WC is quite an elite business, meaning teams have to start testing well before the second week if they want to have any chance of running for good point positions, at least that's the case in the beginning season when the mod is "new".

The practice has begun 1 week ago. Change the track at this moment is in the wrong time. It will be ok in the beginning of the week, it's too late now.

Absolutely agree (y). Is not now the time to change the track with different physics and vision. I offer for next race to look more tracks and to decide which is the best. We all want the best possible track but now is little late to change.

Luka's track is not so different than the track we are using, and I think it is almost the same with some textures and kerbs improvements (maybe the grip can be keep in the same value as FSR version). From my pointy of view it is not necesary to do a setup from 0, the same or almost the same will work fine.
Also I do not think the one week time is a problem, we had only one week between two races in the past, so we can test for one week now without problems.

well in the future i think definitely in the first 48 hours after the last race , thereshould be an open thread where people can post different versions of the track, to decide what is the best version of the track to use.

I tested out that version of the track (Luka's track) and I have to say it's way better than the one we use now. When I drove my pb at the current track, I did no mistakes, but in Luka's track, I almost made a pb and did even a couple of mistakes. Also, didn't see many sparks coming so I have to say Luka's track is more precise than the current one. There wasn't so much slipping in the kerbs than in the current one, as well as the bends have more precise skid marks and braking points, so say what you say, I prefer this one. :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back