Race #2 Malaysia: Post-Race Discussion.

Congrats to Rens and Twister, you guys had really awesome pace!

I was a bit suprised I took pole with a scrappy lap, but happy anyway. In the race I was really struggling with pace and tyres, it was immediately apparent to me I couldn't follow Rens. If it wasn't for Adrian I think I would have been smoked for p2. I could see this turning into a close fight for championship.

See you guys next time! :thumbsup:

Q: 14th position. Had pace for TOP 10.

R: No crashes at the first lap?! WOW! :thumbsup:
Well, I had a nice race, but then Dewald Nel spun in front of me... bad luck. :unsure:
Later had some fun with other drivers. Small collisions, but nothing too dangerous.

17th position. Atleast 10 points. :)
Cya in China!

really_long_train_1920x1200.jpg

Had to start last due to late allocation.

Lap 1 was scary, got caught up in 2 guys ahead of me who crashed into eachother, i got hit twice slight damage but was okay to continue. went from 25th to 15th or 16th after 1 lap which helps a lot getting past most of the slower cars. progress was really good until i got to James Sadler, he was doing well defending made it hard for me, we carry more grip and sacrifice top speed so i struggled, eventually got passed unfortunately made slight contact but nothing major. Came out of the pits behind him again but passed him much quicker this time round. From there on just saved tyres and was able to pass 9th place with 4 laps to go. Happy with 9th considering starting 24th. Pace wise definitely could of been for a top 3 result today if i got to qualify.

Good pace, 2 bad mistakes. over...

but guys...
Please read the rules how to act on server.
minimize chatting in practice and STOP it in Quali. We have an admin there. He will get everything right. no need to chat.
And about Q2 no words... very unprofessional...

Just wanted to apologize to Mikko Suokas if I made any damages to your car in my noob and dumb movement in the last steps of the race, in T2. Sorry mate.

Overall was a nice Q and Race, despite that incident, which caused me the dead of my tires.

Grats to the podium guys!

Q: 14th position. Had pace for TOP 10.

R: No crashes at the first lap?! WOW! :thumbsup:
Well, I had a nice race, but then Dewald Nel spun in front of me... bad luck. :unsure:
Later had some fun with other drivers. Small collisions, but nothing too dangerous.

17th position. Atleast 10 points. :)
Cya in China!

Sorry about that mate :( Went into 2nd instead of 3rd, floored it out of the corner, and the rest is history. Tried to spin to the right to stay out of anyone's way, but you were too close to me...

well that was a little less than I expected but I'll take 6th. Quali I was looking good until my lap in q2 was dreadful only managing 5th. T1 I was over on the inside and Hernandez gave me very little room, I can see how it would have been difficult to see me however so for me that was a racing incident and it could have been avoided by me not puttin my car there anyway. Came off t2 side-by-side with Falcon, me on the right. For some reason he decided I had disappeared and completely came across on me. I went on to the grass and just about saved the back end losing 5 or so places in the process. From then on I was stuck behind people for the rest of the race, running low wings in the tow. I made moves when I could but I had much much more to offer in clean air. Not too bad for a debut but could have been much better. Cheers!

also a note on the talking in quali. There were people talking all throughout my q2 lap, which actually caused a screen freeze (I have those sometimes when things come up in the chat bar). I mean come on guys it's a simple and fundamental rule.

Sorry for the **** that happened on the formation lap.

Guys in front of me accelerated way ahead of me, so I tried to catch up, then someone in a dark car was standing in the shade on the left, as well as a bunch of slower cars to the right, only saw him at the last moment, went past on the right, and someone swerved to the left.

I take full blame on my part, but if someone didn't swerve so violently straight into my path, we all would've been OK.

But I sure won't drive that fast to catch up on the formation lap again regardless. I definitely learnt my lesson.

Just wanted to apologize to Mikko Suokas if I made any damages to your car in my noob and dumb movement in the last steps of the race, in T2. Sorry mate.

Overall was a nice Q and Race, despite that incident, which caused me the dead of my tires.

Grats to the podium guys!

No problems :) Clean fighting until that. Didn't have any damage but shame that you fell few positions.

I had a bad start. Forgot to change stuff in the setup for Q2. Then I was just managing the tires and the gap behind. It's really difficult to overtake so it was under control quite well. Pitted one lap too late and then I found myself saving tires with hards too while some guys were battling infront. Wanted to have strong pace in the end. Then went a bit wide which let some guys past and I couldn't make that strong pace to happen in dirty air.

Learning more and more of this rf2 race by race :) Need to practice more for round 3 though.

Mikko Suokas

Last edited:
Buy Nvidia card :) Anyway you could post PC details here and I could try help.
Ye but I just bought my new PC 4 months ago, for Xmas :(

My pc is:
AMD A8-5600K APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics 3.60 Ghz
8.00 GB RAM
AMD R9 270x
Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit

I'm using low details and only 6 visible cars. My FPS are always more than 80...

Ye but I just bought my new PC 4 months ago, for Xmas :(

My pc is:
AMD A8-5600K APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics 3.60 Ghz
8.00 GB RAM
AMD R9 270x
Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit

I'm using low details and only 6 visible cars. My FPS are always more than 80...

rFactor2 mainly has issues with older AMD cards, it should work just fine on that card. Must be some software issue with drivers or background programs.

Marcel vd Linden had similar issue on isiforums, I think he managed to fix it somehow.

I couldn't see my car and the game always tried to sync again so it "lagged as hell and i couldn't do anything against that. Because of that I couldn't race and Lost alot of Points. Does somebody know why this issue happens? And has someone a Solution for it.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 108 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 140 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 202 14.9%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 384 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 521 38.3%