Race #2, Malaysia: Post-Race Discussion

Calm down Senna, racing to p4 on the grid isn't exactly racing for an f1 world championship. The fact of the matter is you should have known that by going into that gap we were going to have contact and by doing that you forced me into being involved in the pileup, if you had driven normally I would have emerged from the chaos as you did.

And FYI the Senna quote was from when he intentionally ran Prost off the road in Japan for the title :thumbsdown:

David I would totally be up for the race directors imposing extremely harsh penalties/bans for T1 incidents, people just need some harshness to make them show their opponents respect.
I just want to explain my view, but you really don't know anything about racing. Between you and Giordano gap was like for truck or even something bigger, 9/10 drivers would be driving into them. It's not my fault that you were turning when you saw me in the mirrors. I was next to you, so you should give me a space (that's the rules :p) You want to tell me that is 100 % my fault. In my opinion is 50/50 %

I just want to explain my view, but you really don't know anything about racing. Between you and Giordano gap was like for truck or even something bigger, 9/10 drivers would be driving into them. It's not my fault that you were turning when you saw me in the mirrors. I was next to you, so you should give me a space (that's the rules :p) You want to tell me that is 100 % my fault. In my opinion is 50/50 %

Ironically your defence shows how little you know about racing rules. If you watch your video you can see that at the point that you begin accelerating into T1 I have completed braking and am turning into the corner. That means I have the right to take my racing line and you should leave ME space. instead you accelerate into that gap and hit atleast 2 people(me and Andrea). Your move would have been ok if you had the space to pull it off cleanly but you didn't. BTW, I saw you in the mirrors, divebombing from way back and slamming into me, I nearly spun out the contact was so hard.

Another thing you should learn is that the best way to deal with a mistake is to own up to it and apologize. If you had done that I would not have submitted an incident report against you.
you need to fix your attitude or to back to f1 series/forza where this kind of behavior is the standard.

Last edited:
I had a mostly uneventful race and I was very glad for it after the chaos of last week.

I didn't come anywhere near a PB in Q1 but I think there was less rubber so I was fine with that. I got into Q2 and started from P10 on the hard tire. The broadcast guys seemed perplexed by that decision but if you're going to be held up in traffic on the opening laps then you might as well be on the hard tire so you're not losing so much time in traffic. Then you can put on the mediums later in the race when there is space to use them. Of course if I had a chance at qualifying in the top 5 then I would have qualified on mediums but I didn't so I think I made the right decision.

I was lucky to make it through the first corner mostly unscathed. I couldn't avoid Dmitry but luckily not race ending. I didn't feel any damage after that but according to my pit request screen there was some damage which I chose not to have repaired. I overtook Sergio for P9 on lap 2 or 3 and then in the closing laps I had good pace on fresh mediums and I caught and passed an ailing Ventura for P8.

I hope my race in Shanghai is also uneventful.

Last edited:
Guys, as strongly as we may feel I would recommend dealing with complaints about individuals in private. (PM). A public flaming that names names seldom gets the response you want.

If you no longer go for a gap that exists, you are no longer a racing driver
I watch FSR from a far, but I can tell you that the worst thing about sim racers is when they take quotes from Ayrton Senna as driving advice, and apply it to themselves.

This 'going for a gap' quote is probably the most overused and detrimental quote ever, because drivers use it as an excuse to simply divebomb others and potentially end their race. It's majorly flawed for sim racers to use this logic because:
  1. It's often used as a reason to justify going for every single gap in every instance. And,
  2. You're not Ayrton Senna.

Sure, but I used this quote to show you that if I see space like this, I'll use it. I just want to know what should you do, if you so wise. I'm felling now like I'm a principal of t1 crash, but obvieusly I'm not. I agree that I should be more careful, because as I said nobody's perfect, but in that case I didn't do anything scandalous. I'm sorry if somebody was suffered straight by me.

I'm not coming into my teammate's defense but yeah the move he did to Eastman was wrong indeed... but.. is he the man responsible for the carnage in T1? Guys..
84fc0f08a0f6aa787cd87f738fbb9ed8.jpg

It's really funny how Niko makes a small contact with another car and all of you focus on that even though there are cars flying through the air a few seconds later. Are you serious? Don't bitch about every slight contact or people are gonna turn against you. Morgan's contact with Petar might have cost him a podium in WC and he still accepts that things like that happen, but you start a war for a slight wheel to wheel contact in turn 1.

It's really funny how Niko makes a small contact with another car and all of you focus on that even though there are cars flying through the air a few seconds later. Are you serious? Don't bitch about every slight contact or people are gonna turn against you. Morgan's contact with Petar might have cost him a podium in WC and he still accepts that things like that happen, but you start a war for a slight wheel to wheel contact in turn 1.

Yeah so there's no difference between a WC champ and one of the best FSR drivers having rare contact, and a fast new guy in Pro who had a BOTG for the first race smashing his way through the first corner in an attempt to gain as many positions as possible and compromising atleast 2 races. I personally lost 12 positions due to being forced off track/having to wait for an opening for cars to clear in the carnage. plus it's an insult to my intelligence to then have my knowledge of racing etiquette challenged when I call the guy out(after posting a video of this incident in the rest of his race without any mention, and claiming its a 50:50)

Just a thought...

seriously guys calm down, you're having a go at Niko for a tap when there's about 7 cars piling up on the inside of the track. When watching that video the first thing I noticed wasn't Niko making contact, it was someone barrel rolling over the top of half the grid. If you feel aggrieved protest, don't argue lol. Peace out
since when do you race in Pro and how is a belittling post of any merit? We all make mistakes k thx bai.

Ps kind of ironic how all the dislikes come from teammates/related teams.

I see how it is lol

Last edited:
Well he raced in PRO last year.

Coming on here and complaining is going to do zero for you. If you think it deserves a protest then do so.
Already did, thanks. In case you didn't notice this is PRO race discussion thread, we are discussing the race. Big shock more ACR here to the rescue, comon guys can we try to be impartial and objective. :unsure:

I actually wanted to sort it out with Nikodem without filing a protest but his attitude towards the incident and my opinion changed my mind.

sorry mate, I don't race for acr lol

wait so you're having a massive go at someone for making a mistake, and then you're excuse for that is that everyone makes mistakes? hm

p.s. didn't realise it wasn't my prerogative to post where I want whenever I want on here..

2. Ben Eastman - My fault that I wanted to jump in that gap between you and Valeriano, but
If you no longer go for a gap that exists, you are no longer a racing driver

First of all as others have mentioned you are not Senna. Secondly, we have rules here in FSR. I will be reviewing the first lap as a matter of course over next day or so but let me tell you that if you go for a gap that's unrealistic and make contact that ruins another driver's race then you won't be a racing driver for much longer because I will have removed you from the league, you cannot win a race on lap 1. Too often people go for ridiculous moves in FSR on the first lap. I'm not necessarily saying one way or the other whether you have made an unrealistic move yet because I haven't reviewed it from various angles but if you truly believe that quote then I would ask you to think again. I am a great fan of Senna but let me tell you that on that occasion he was wrong.

To Ben Eastman, have a little more respect for your fellow drivers with the way you talk to them. If you want to sort it out with another driver then that's great but do it in a non-public way. Otherwise protest the incident, that's what its there for.

Already did, thanks. In case you didn't notice this is PRO race discussion thread, we are discussing the race. Big shock more ACR here to the rescue, comon guys can we try to be impartial and objective. :unsure:

I actually wanted to sort it out with Nikodem without filing a protest but his attitude towards the incident and my opinion changed my mind.

I never came to the defense of Nikodem.

I am a league admin though, and I have every right to try and make these forums a respectable place.

First of all as others have mentioned you are not Senna. Secondly, we have rules here in FSR. I will be reviewing the first lap as a matter of course over next day or so but let me tell you that if you go for a gap that's unrealistic and make contact that ruins another driver's race then you won't be a racing driver for much longer because I will have removed you from the league, you cannot win a race on lap 1. Too often people go for ridiculous moves in FSR on the first lap. I'm not necessarily saying one way or the other whether you have made an unrealistic move yet because I haven't reviewed it from various angles but if you truly believe that quote then I would ask you to think again. I am a great fan of Senna but let me tell you that on that occasion he was wrong.

To Ben Eastman, have a little more respect for your fellow drivers with the way you talk to them. If you want to sort it out with another driver then that's great but do it in a non-public way. Otherwise protest the incident, that's what its there for.

With all due respect I think I have been far more respectful than Dan Brewer who comes in here to make irrelevant flaming posts.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back