AC Race #2 Fat-Alfie's championship@Bremgarten, Wednesday 15th September 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
If you want some help.. I know a thing or two about g27 settings :whistling:
Created some lut to get rid of the deadzone in a smooth way without changing the default ffb. :whistling:
Thanks Rasmus, that's exactly what I just did. :)

I'm just getting myself adjusted to the change and setting the overall FFB strength to my liking (90% in game, I think).

If I have a problem, I will give you a shout.

Thanks Rasmus, that's exactly what I just did. :)

I'm just getting myself adjusted to the change and setting the overall FFB strength to my liking (90% in game, I think).

If I have a problem, I will give you a shout.
I used ffbclip to improve the FFB on my old logitech driving force gt pro.
wheel...

This article is about setting up a LUT file and ffbclip for the thrustmaster but the instructions worked for my logitech so I assume would work for a G27...

ffbclip offers a dynamic mode that I use - it modifies the ffb in real time. Some people don't like it but it works for me.

wheel...

This article is about setting up a LUT file and ffbclip for the thrustmaster but the instructions worked for my logitech so I assume would work for a G27...

ffbclip offers a dynamic mode that I use - it modifies the ffb in real time. Some people don't like it but it works for me.
Thanks, I just need to decide how far down the rabbit hole I go. :)

"Hey Rasmus, how's your practice going?"
"Oh well, totally awesome.. Just installed the track for the first time and doing some casual laps with mouse steering... Oh and.. eh.. "

This is the first time in AC that I have rolled the car and the first time I have ended up stranded on my roof and teleported back to the pits. I have heard some new and funny stuff from crew chief.

Better to explore the limits in practice , though. :)

wheel...

I forgot if we talked about this already.. But here's my opinion on this in as little words possible without meaning to talk down your settings.
Whatever feels good is perfect. My opinions are just personal views on that subject:

Lut generator:
1. Wheelcheck pushes the wheel and then measures how far it turned on its own and then adjusts the ffb outputs to make the wheel throw linear.
I don't think that the resistance of the wheelbase is linear at all and I also don't think that one can compare short ffb bursts + wheel throwing against steady holding forces against a human hand.

2. The creator of the lut generator never drove a Logitech wheel. It's somewhere in his posts... So in my opinion it's completely misused by the community but for some weird reason it got blown up to be some kind of magic.

3. My G27 felt pretty "linear" when doing circles on the skidpad mod track. After using the lut generator, it felt completely off. Way too light at first and then becoming suddenly way stronger.
Imo that's not "awesome dynamic", that's just misinterpreted wheelbase throw resistance vs actual ffb in human hands.

FFB clip:
The app is nicely coded and provides great info about how much clipping is going on.
I have a few issues with it though:

1. All cars will have about the same average strength. There won't be lighter or heavier cars anymore.
That can be cool but it can also be pretty lame imo...

2. The dynamic mode is some awesome piece of code. Giving you a lot of force to work with. Lots of fun!
My issue with it: you won't gain muscle memory...
Now it's debatable how much muscle memory one can gain from a weak Logitech wheel but still..
There's a difference between the overall ffb level with gt3 cars at 80 km/h vs 240 km/h and you can learn via muscle memory how much total grip the car has in theory when going into a corner.
With the dynamic mode, your muscles have absolutely no idea about this.

It's basically "fun against scientifically the better way".

About the guide you linked:
Damper is incorrectly explained and it has a few other issues.. It's basically just internet myths put together with a result that somehow ends up feeling good.
It's fuelling myths that are somehow kept and repeated in our community and therefore I dislike that guide.

But since the result actually feels good and is fun to drive, who cares :p

I forgot if I asked you this:
Did you try my dfgt lut?

As I said as long as things feel good and are fun, there's nothing wrong with anything!
But I'd be interested in your feedback if you'd try it "my way" :p

And sorry for derailing this thread. When Logitech/ffb myths are posted, I can't help myself...

Last edited:
I forgot if we talked about this already.. But here's my opinion on this in as little words possible without meaning to talk down your settings.
Whatever feels good is perfect. My opinions are just personal views on that subject:

Lut generator:
1. Wheelcheck pushes the wheel and then measures how far it turned on its own and then adjusts the ffb outputs to make the wheel throw linear.
I don't think that the resistance of the wheelbase is linear at all and I also don't think that one can compare short ffb bursts + wheel throwing against steady holding forces against a human hand.

2. The creator of the lut generator never drove a Logitech wheel. It's somewhere in his posts... So in my opinion it's completely misused by the community but for some weird reason it got blown up to be some kind of magic.

3. My G27 felt pretty "linear" when doing circles on the skidpad mod track. After using the lut generator, it felt completely off. Way too light at first and then becoming suddenly way stronger.
Imo that's not "awesome dynamic", that's just misinterpreted wheelbase throw resistance vs actual ffb in human hands.

FFB clip:
The app is nicely coded and provides great info about how much clipping is going on.
I have a few issues with it though:

1. All cars will have about the same average strength. There won't be lighter or heavier cars anymore.
That can be cool but it can also be pretty lame imo...

2. The dynamic mode is some awesome piece of code. Giving you a lot of force to work with. Lots of fun!
My issue with it: you won't gain muscle memory...
Now it's debatable how much muscle memory one can gain from a weak Logitech wheel but still..
There's a difference between the overall ffb level with gt3 cars at 80 km/h vs 240 km/h and you can learn via muscle memory how much total grip the car has in theory when going into a corner.
With the dynamic mode, your muscles have absolutely no idea about this.

It's basically "fun against scientifically the better way".

About the guide you linked:
Damper is incorrectly explained and it has a few other issues.. It's basically just internet myths put together with a result that somehow ends up feeling good.
It's fuelling myths that are somehow kept and repeated in our community and therefore I dislike that guide.

But since the result actually feels good and is fun to drive, who cares :p

I forgot if I asked you this:
Did you try my dfgt lut?

As I said as long as things feel good and are fun, there's nothing wrong with anything!
But I'd be interested in your feedback if you'd try it "my way" :p

And sorry for derailing this thread. When Logitech/ffb myths are posted, I can't help myself...
I'll give it another go. I recall that when I tried it I couldn't tell much difference.

Last edited:
I can not register, still two available slots...
Hi Marko.
Which car do you want? If Han isn't around in time, I *may* be able to figure out how to add you.

Also, see this info from the SGP page btw (including the thread to post in if you want to sign up):
1631727748673.png

Well that quite possibly was the worst night of racing ever for me. After a week full of a lot of practice and I finally was reasonably convinced I could do a few clean laps in a row so let it come! Practice I had no problems and managed to do a 2:17, for me an okay(ish) time but then the S**** started hitting the fan multiple times. Quali started and my framerate dropped from around 90 to 35, absolutely not ideal but managed to do a lap or two before I decided to go for a full system reboot and a quick tone down of some settings. Having done all that came back in just in time for the end of Quali. Start of the race went alright and was fighting for 3rd by the end of lap 1 and through lap 2. That's where the real trouble started halfway through the lap my throttle started acting up, it went from not going past 50% to stuck in full throttle and it kept on doing this all the way. Disconnected and tried again but after another couple of laps the same trouble started again so decided to call it a day and just quit. I hope I didn't cause any trouble with my erratic throttle behaviour, if I did I'm very sorry. I do hope you all had a better time tonight and hope to see you on track again soon....
If anybody had this problem and/or knows a solution I'm open to any and all suggestions (I'm using a TS-XW + sf1000 + TLCM-Pedals)

Last edited:
If anybody had this problem and/or knows a solution I'm open to any and all suggestions (I'm using a TS-XW + sf1000 + TLCM-Pedals)
Oh man, I can only imagine how annoying and frustrating that is. I have a similar configuration as you, TLCM Pedals and TS-PC with the Ferrari rim... I would check if the SF1000 rim is not the one acting up. I't has it's own signal, right? Do you have the pedals connected directly to the PC via USB or into the wheel servo? Because if it's through the TS-XW then that determines what the pedals do, even if you have them configured with Thrustmaster's own software (that's just the zone/travel/load setup). If they go through your wheel servo the SF1000 software may be the one beigh naughty. Has it happened before? Does it happen with other rims? The original Sparco rim that came with your XW for example?

Last edited:
The race was fun chaps... and I got my astronaut's license! It was ridiculous, on all my four accidents I went airborne, and not just a 'bit in the air', I went on proper Space-X heights. Did you know the mod has flying birds? :confused: Coz I swear I saw them.

I had three close-encounters with speeding Audis and the last stratospheric trip was my own mistake. Too bad coz I managed to avoid the carnage of the first lap, but then trees happened. I hope everyone else had fun as well. Congrats to the winners and thanks again for organizing Han! :thumbsup:

Last edited:
I hope I have nothing to do your demise @Rasmus, I did not mean to “hoooot“with laughter when I drove between you and the Mazda..
I would like to know where you jumped from,I will soon be joining you.:confused:
1) forgot to keep my foot on the brake when I engaged first on the start
2) there is no 2,3,4,5,6 all my own achievements , I even at one point started to day dream and took a corner flat, got the wrong corner.
Came off 4 times in this race, no 5 times.
Must just add, all I really saw was Brian multiple times and Thomas three times.
On a more light hearted note, I had such a great time racing with everyone, Mazda included.
I must give a big well done to Richard on his win, I think it is your first in Racedepartment, tell me if I got that wrong, got most things wrong this evening.:roflmao::roflmao:
There was a tale of woe from most especially after reading Bart’s post above, Rasmus and other seemed to have tales of woe too, i do not think Thomas had a great time either.
Neil too seemed to have problems, I had assumed he was well up the road when I was trying unsuccessfully to pass Richard, Thomas and Richard.
And an apology to some Mazdas if I got some of my overtake on you wrong, but getting it wrong was the hat I wore tonight.:roflmao::roflmao:
I have my doubt about the reality of P2P.:O_o:

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back