Race #18, Bahrain: Post-Race Discussion

The admin stuff need to change the server and mod. Almost everyone complained about low fps, sometimes 23 for me at start/finish with dx8. With DX9 and everything on high i had at least 30 at S/F.

And the server was sometimes very laggy, cars were invisible 2-3 times, pings were higher as usual. A bit of work to do :)

Also experienced framerate problems going down start/finish, lowering settings did not do anything.

As for the race it was fairly uneventful and I just brought it home.

Congrats to the winner, podiumers, and of course the finishers. :)

I had a bit of the same problems as the others down the start/finish straight, and in the race I think it was on the 2nd lap all the cars around me vanished when I was driving down the start/finish but reapered again when I was at the first corner.
Other than that I can see that I have to do a lot of traning for the next event as I was quite off the pace more than I had expected, and I have to say sorry to the car I colected when I spun out of turn 2, cant remember his name, I allways feel bad when this happens, and I eventually had to dnf. becous of damage.

Morten

i had huge problem from straight in front of box until turn 2, fps on start were on 12\20 fps, i can't have a correct view of what happend; used dx9, then 8 in race and very low detail, 22\30 fps anyway

Really sorry to whoever I've hit in lap 2. My frontwing was gone after a collision because of lagg in turn 1. I tried to drive as safe as possible to the pits, but it's almost impossible to drive without a front wing so it didnt go too well. Yet again , sry to the guy who i've hit.

I had a lot of luck today, with some fast guys with traffic or problems. Also doing pole was good, because framerate was very bad, so at least I hadn't cars in front, which was good.

Very good race also for Stephane and Jack, well done guys. Thanks also to all Twister team for the good testing during the week, and thanks to Obutto for supporting us !

See you at Melbourne !

Very happy with the podium yesterday - The GT Omega car was very good, and although i made a mess of Q2 we came through to get a good result.

The start was probably as bad as it was for everyone else - someone inside didnt get away well and i got squeezed a bit at first, but i got to the inside for T1 and prayed pretty much as it was at a standstill ahead :D

I got through all the lag with no contact or damage and just kept plugging away and eventually our strategy came good and i was running P2 after the stops all cycled around - I didnt have the raw pace of David with our tyre choice, and when Stephane caught me up i was in the same boat again so i just concentrated on getting a podium as i felt i had enough to hold off Sergio but in the end that battle never materialised as he made a mistake which left me clear in 3rd.

A very good solid start to the season, so thanks to the GT Omega boys for all their hard work on the car.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 101 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 142 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 267 27.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 392 40.1%