Race #17, Brazil: Post-Race Discussion

Well, we have some real drivers at DHR, one is Mark Johnston who has drove real F1 car, as well as many other real formula cars, and he says the FSR 2010 mod is very realisitc and as good as it gets.

"As I said earlier though, opinions can change as soon as you don't win races" - 100% true

hard to give an opinion on the slipstream. The huge slipstream starts to be a problem if 2 drivers in front are working together. It's impossible to keep up with two drivers swapping position and saving engine in front of you. It's creating a whole new way of teamwork which is pretty fun, but can be very frustrating if you're on the downside :).

About todays race, GPCOS:
"What a horrible weekend. After last GP I was really motivated for this race, but the whole period of testing I was struggling with the car. The track requires some experience, which I gained this race for next season :). That's pretty much all the good news.

Q P5: Couldve been worse, was even slower than the day before, but it got me in a good position for race.

R P7: Started good, but I was pushing too hard on the tires. I feel very sorry for what happened to Bruno. He was clearly the fastest on this track :(. The accident between him and de Wit brought me to P3. I was forced to do a two stopper, while in testing I had perfect wear for a one stopper. At the first stop I speeded in the pitlane, so I got a drive through. Lost a lot of positions and had to remain calm in order to finish the race. The final stage was actually pretty exciting to close the gap with Conti. Unfortunately a normal overtaking manouvre got ruined by lots of contact he made in his aggressive defending.

I'm glad I finished the race and still got some points out of it. Congrats to Mikkonen and Hirrle. Also Bono showed an impressive climb to 3rd spot.

Next race Abu Dhabi, with hopefully a happy blue sky instead of the rainy clouds today on Interlagos ;)"

No, you can't. You're almost as fast, but not as fast and of course not faster.
In today's race I did have to work quite a bit follwing Atze even in the slipstream, boosting as usual, and I think he had the same wings.
I agree the slipstream effect is overdone, but it was all done in the winter and David (Greco) was very much involved building the Mod and he thought it was great.

As I said earlier though, opinions can change as soon as you don't win races. :)

Well, you know what was trying to say lol. I'm agree with you. We can't complain now what we "liked" in the pre-season.

Maybe is a bit too late to talk and complain about 2010 MOD. A mod developement team worked on it, and a lot of us were happy with this work on april.

MOD seemed ok for me. Never drove a real F1, but drove litle formula cars a couple of times.
You can not compare, this is rFactor, but mod not seemed crazy unreal. Of course slipstream effect is not nice, but I though it was made at propouse to have close racing.

OFF Topic:
2010 is over, 2 weeks and 1 race, lets to not lose time discusing about 2010 stuff. ALL we must learn of this 2010 year and start to work in 2011.
2010 have been not bad, more prices, more people... good work!
We have some main problems that must be solved, and people must start to work NOW on 2011.
Lets to seen when all presidential stuff is done and when we can start to think in 2011.
This is a bit offtopic, but in my opinion presidential stuff must be done early, to have more time to prepare 2011.

From GPCOS:

Qual: P6 with 1:08.798, did 4 PB's during quali so can't complain

Race:

I took it very easy on the formation lap because I was very worried about my tire wear for my planned 1 stop strategy. Because of this my tires were cooler than normal and with my usual careful start I lost a few positions on the first lap.

After that I got locked in to a 30+ lap battle with Conti. I wasn't fast enough in the first stint to be able to pull away but neither was he. I was originally going to pit on lap 33, but I noticed that he was pulling in to the pitlane on the same lap while ahead of me so I decided to do one more lap. Despite my tires already getting delaminated I was able to pit one lap later and rejoin 2 seconds ahead of him, which is very unusual this year.

After that I did a very good second stint, consistant lap times with just a few small mistakes. I pushed as hard as possible but couldn't keep Huis & Tali behind me.

Happy with 5th, congrats to the podium.

What are you talking Dennis, did you see the level of my participation on the building of the mod? almost none, I always said we needed more grip, specially in the front, and I never said anything on the slipstream as I never had the time to test it.

Ok David, I guess you're forcing it.

February 21st:
I have been testing intensively softs and hards at Barcelona by over 4 hrs each of them [...]

March 3rd:
mod is very nice once u setup correctly ur car.. i only feel like there is too much difference btw soft and hard compounds, thats it.

To me that doesn't seem like you totally disliked it from the start and did very few laps with it.

Anyway though, this discussion has to end, because it is totally useless.
As a (sim) racing driver you have to make the most out of what you have, simple as. I also complained about the Mod but when I do that, I do it internally in my team where I can say any crap I want, but not here. Just have to max out on it and not blame it on others when the results don't come.

Story is so simple anyway, Patrick did a mistake and hit Bruno, that's all, and I'm sure the Race Director is going to take the appropriate measures.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back