Race #16, Brazil: Post-Race Discussion

From GPCOS:

"Q: P3, good.
R: I took a careful start in order not to mess with the two Finns still fighting for P2 in the championship. Sadly, Gosbee and De Wit went through on me as well. Race ruined. By the time I passed them I was 5 seconds behind the front. I closed the gap, then pitted really late to have best tyres in the end. But on this track it seems nothing ever makes a difference, so all I could do was close the gap again and finish 4th. Not bad anyway for little testing.
Had some fun in the races I did this year. Let's see what rF2 brings. Have a nice winter everyone."

From GPCOS:

Q1: P1 with 7.356, very good laptime
Q2: P2 with 8.084, good laptime, couldn't match Bono

Race:

Bono had a bit of a slow reaction to the lights which allowed me to take the lead. We had a very nice battle for the first stint, he'd often pass me in to T1 and I'd retake the position in T4, T6 or the beginning of the next lap.

After he passed me on lap 29 or so, he managed to pull a bit of a gap so I made a very late decision to pit. Unfortunately it was too late and I had to wait and lose some seconds while the pitcrew got ready.

When Bono pitted he had a healthy gap to me and there was no chance to fight him anymore.

I kept pushing hard since it was the last race of the season, giving it everything on every lap.

In the end, P2 in the championship is way higher than anything I expected before the season. Obviously Fredrik, Atze and Dennis didn't drive a full season, but I'll take it anyway.

Congrats to Bono again for a stunning season, but now it's time to hibernate.

Amazing season by Bono congrats, For me this race summed up my whole season, Finally have some top pace and bad luck strikes, but guess its positive to see myself in the top 5 in WC which amazed me. If I finished in 5th it would have been nice as it would of been GhostSpeeds best result in WC this year but **** happens xD.

I had fun this race
But was the same no pace and were just getting short in pace
great job for Precision
Only way i had some pace this year was Monaco and Spain
Great this year i had 2 poles and a podium
Seeing this year,s performance 2 poles and Podium in Monaco were a highlight als Spain:)
This race just managing in top 10 in q1 then 8th in q2 not bad
Then great start from 8th to 6th in lap 1 hehehe
Again great fights with gosbee and my ex teammate Hirrle
Then after Hirrle pasted me i run too wide again and crashed that was it
Have a great winter all

From Gpcos:

Would have liked a strong WC result after the unfortune in some previous of the WC races, but starting from the back i knew it would be close to impossible. Without going slightly too wide in Q2 of Abu Dhabi i think i could have gotten a good grid position and a strong result here.

The WS race was good but i made a mistake on lap 2 which lost me a position and entered the pits in the wrong lap which cost me a chance to fight for the win.

The biggest succes for me this year was to get rid of my unusual driving style which was holding me back a little bit. I was completely stuck in that crazy driving style and i didnt know how to get out of it despite a lot of experience. Atze showed me the way, so a very big thank you to him and the rest of the team for helping me unlock this extra bit of potential.

I believe driving can always be further improved and i have worked hard for the improvements i made so that def gives me some pride in the fact that i never gave up.

I would like to be there again next year, but that will depend on several aspects and not just if RF2 is out yet.

Congrats to the Champion for his amazing performances this year. Truly sets the bar for everyone else.

Thanks to everyone who make this league great and have a good winter!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back