Race #14, UAE: Post-Race Checks

The appeal deadline is Friday, November 1st @ 00:55 GMT. For appeal instructions please read this thread: COA Instructions

Jeffrey Rietveld

Q1: Clean
Q2: Clean
Log: Clean
Launch Control: Used
Pitstop: Lap 21, 33, 45 Cut (2nd time)
Tire Rules: Fulfilled
Penalty: +30s added to race time for Incident #2, 0.5 Penalty Points for pit exit infraction

Bono Huis

Pitstop: Lap 21, 33, 45 Cut
Penalty: Official Warning for pit exit infraction

Atze Kerkhof

Pitstop: Lap 21, 32, 44
Penalty: N/A

Jack Keithley

Log: Wrong race number set in manager (#15), Clean
Pitstop: Lap 20, 32, 43

Ivar Kalamees

Pitstop: Lap 20, 32 Cut, 43 Cut (2nd and 3rd time)
Penalty: 1.0 Penalty Points for pit exit infraction

Martin Gosbee

Q2: N/A - didn't set a laptime
Pitstop: Lap 24, 34, 44

Eduard Mallorqui

Pitstop: Lap 9, 30, 42

Gergo Baldi

Q2: N/A
Pitstop: Lap 24 Cut, 46 Cut (2nd and 3rd time)

Lee Morris

Log: Save All Replay Sessions="0"
Pitstop: Lap 20, 30, 42
Penalty: Official Warning for log infraction

Dian Kostadinov

Pitstop: Lap 20, 41

Philipp Puschke

Pitstop: Lap 21, 42

Zuhaitz Cabo

Pitstop: Lap 19 Cut, 31 Cut (5th and 6th time)

Blair Disley

Pitstop: Lap 14, 26

Alvaro Torres

Q1: Cut exit of T20
Pitstop: Lap 21, 40, 52
Penalty: Back of the grid for Q1 infraction

Giuseppe Marconi

Pitstop: Lap 10, 29, 34, 44

Marcel vd Linden

Q1: Wrong file sent (Singapore Q1 lap)
Pitstop: Lap 22, 34 Cut
Tire Rules: DNF
Penalty: Back of the grid for Q1 infraction, Official Warning for pit exit infraction

Eros Masciulli

Pitstop: Lap 1, 15, 20
Penalty: 1.0 Penalty Points for Incident #1, 3.0 Penalty Points reached = License revoked

Peter Helmbro

Pitstop: Lap 7, 19

Robert Rudholm

Q1: Started from the back of the grid
Log: No files sent
Pitstop: Lap 6 Cut
Penalty: Disqualification for log infraction, Official Warning for pit exit infraction

Antonio Kolarec

Q1: Cut exit of T3, T20
Pitstop: Lap 15
Penalty: Back of the grid for Q1 infraction

Zoltan Csuti

Pitstop: N/A

Incidents:

Driver(s) Involved: Blair Disley, Eros Masciulli

Lap/Replay Time: 1 / 4:23

Verdict: 1.0 Penalty Points for Eros Masciulli

Driver(s) Involved: Jeffrey Rietveld, cutting

Lap/Replay Time:
lap 18 - 1:35 Cut
lap 24 - 0:14 Cut
lap 26 - 0:14 Cut
lap 30 - 0:14 Cut
lap 45 - 0:14 Cut
lap 51 - 0:06 Cut

Verdict: +30s added to race time for Jeffrey Rietveld (more than 10% cutlaps)

Driver(s) Involved: Martin Gosbee, cutting

Lap/Replay Time:
lap 12 - 0:35 Cut
lap 18 - 0:15 Clean
lap 19 - 1:36 Cut
lap 32 - 1:35 Cut, but slower than 101.5% of his fastest legal lap of the stint
lap 43 - 0:06 Cut
lap 52 - 1:37 Clean

Verdict: Nothing, less than 10% cutlaps

If cutting is open to interpretation then that rule/regulation needs heavy revision for much firmer wording, cause that just can't be the case. That creates far too much flexibility in the rule and blows it wide open for argument.

A cut lap shouldn't bring an advantage or the same time as an average race lap without a cut. Cut
laps that clearly lead to loss of time shouldn't be considered cut. A cut lap will be considered illegal if
that lap is faster than 101.5% of the fastest clean lap of the stint the cut happened in.
If a cut is made
during a pit-in or -outlap, that lap will automatically be considered a cut lap, regardless of the laptime.
Certain team manager is just too dumb to know when to keep their mouth shut. For anyone with a normal level intelligence, you can see that there's nothing up for debate regarding cutting rules.

Hang on Mikko though, that lap can't be deemed cut then because he's lost time and therefore will not have broken the 101.5% rule.The two other laps were clean and S1 would have been quicker than when he ran wide to what is deemed as a "cut".

A cut would have to be FASTER than 101.5% of the rule. Well that clearly isn't cause he's lost time to the two laps previous.

The only way this rule would apply is if he has cut somewhere else on the same lap.

Hang on Mikko though, that lap can't be deemed cut then because he's lost time and therefore will not have broken the 101.5% rule.The two other laps were clean and S1 would have been quicker than when he ran wide to what is deemed as a "cut".

A cut would have to be FASTER than 101.5% of the rule. Well that clearly isn't cause he's lost time to the two laps previous.

The only way this rule would apply is if he has cut somewhere else on the same lap.
I don't think you understand what the 101.5% means here.

If we look at Jeff's last stint for example: his fastest lap is 1:39.346

here's how the calculation goes: 99.346 * 1.015 = 100.836

So every cutlap in his last stint which was slower than 1:40.836 would've not counted as a cutlap.

The way you guys are apparently interpreting this rule means that he could cut as long as he doesn't improve his clean laps by more than ~1.5s, which would be ridiculous.

stop rated your post
clear.png
Dislike in the thread Race #14, UAE: Post-Race Checks.
I expected more rage big guy, shame. In any case he did lose time in T1 and rules can be read both ways.
Well we know how much you like going both ways.

But how do you then deem the term "cut" as gaining an advantage? Cause technically everyone could cut and just stay below 101.5% of the delta lap time.

A cut would need to be deemed as gaining an advantage. But what advantage has been gained running four wheels over the curb and actually losing time?

(Not having a go, just want to understand, Ondrej will hate me for PC)

But how do you then deem the term "cut" as gaining an advantage? Cause technically everyone could cut and just stay below 101.5% of the delta lap time.

A cut would need to be deemed as gaining an advantage. But what advantage has been gained running four wheels over the curb and actually losing time?
The rules say any cut is an advantage as long as it's not slower than 101.5% of the fastest lap of the stint. This is to enforce the drivers to stay within the track limits.

It's not worth to keep legally cutting if you lose ~1.5s every lap because of it.

PM started this war, and now they will be eaten. Many hypocrites here, 3-4 rounds ago, remember who sent the protest against Simoncic and and then he was penalized.

P.S. I also don't agree with this rule. In our league if you cut somewhere but after that if you lift up the gas pedal for a second will be okey, but here if you start to practice penalize cutting in one way, continue to do it on the same way till the end of season, don't change rules every race how you want and that's why I agree with Mikko.

Only 2 things:
- In WS I had same accident with Rowland, that lost braking point attacking another car going very longer than what I did here with Disley, and that was 0.5 points, here is 1.0 I don't know why..
- In this championship, I lost almost all my points with accidents with Disley, and every time I say that I can't see him because I see him lagging a lot every time. It is not a casual thing if I crash only him every time..in the replay is clear I see him, I brake hard also going on right side to avoid, but after his cars start laggin, I came back in my line because I didn't see and hit him (you can see the replay). He also did not a normal line in that corner and that didn't helped a lot, this is just to say what happened.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back