Race #14, Italy: Post-Race Discussion

Just want to give my apologies to Mattias, it looks like you had a very small lag when we were braking ... then I locked heavily the brakes and lost the car .... I'm really sorry, as you are fighting for the champ ... You were doing a great race ... sorry again :(

My apologies to Cyril for the contact at first turn....i thought there was room for him....but it wasn't so. I would wait to give back position but when i saw he spun on curb i decided to go on. Sorry again :(

GPCOS:

"YES! YES! YES! YES!

My quali lap was not the best one, around 0.35 above my pb is quite a lot. I'm glad it was enough for pole and my teammate was standing next to me!

Race was interesting. I was lucky to pull a gap in the beginning stages so I was able to keep the guys behind me out of the slipstream. From the beginning I was able to control my pace, save my engine and anticipate quite easy on the pace behind me. After an unfortunate accident between Stahre and Domingues it became quite clear that there was nothing to take me from winning this race. Last 10 laps where all about bringing the car home, which is a nervous but amazing feeling :).

Thank you to the whole Twister team, that pretty much dominated this race. I'm sorry for Stahre considering his championship position, but these things happen on these kind of tracks (looking back at my last race at Spa)."

Grats Atze - dominant performance out there.

Pretty pleased overall - 16th to 7th was a good performance all things considered.

Q laps were me just getting it wrong every time so started well back.

The race was pretty intense the first few laps, but i had made my way up to 8th before getting spun out and before i could get the bb balanced back out to compensate for the damage i spun it again after clouting the kerbs too hard as i missed my brake point.

After that though the race went great - the car was fast and although the good balance had gone off a bit i managed to keep it consistent and the pit strategy got me up a couple of spots ahead and was just able to keep ahead Cyril at the end so pretty happy with the result.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 351 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 485 39.0%