Race #13, Belgium: Post-Race Discussion

race was going well.. decided to run long to get some clean air and try to max out the first stint.. switched to hard tyres on pitstop was going to run to the end came out just behind hanel and tali.. who were workng together nicley in slipstream etc.. tried to pass tali 3 times.. was left no room.. on all 3 occasions.. which was a shame, had a little tap to him at bustop as the lagg waas a bit bad once again.. so let him back past tried again.. no room left... then the stupid bumps at that corner just thru the car off.. had no chance..

i made mistakes.. i admit.. i let tali back past when i touched him slightly althow my replay shows no contact lol.. but my god.. some people need to learn how to race.. i get slammed sometimes for my driving but its now far better than some of the driving being displayed as of late...

if its a top team they never get noticed... if a suprise car like ash or fts get upfront and something happends its always more spotlighted.. thats always going to happen as we are nexpected to be up there.. but what chane do we stand to show our credentials when all we do is get smashed off when we try to pas people lol..

also david was a nice battle with you haha.. your moves are very rude lol.. i think i got past and bang your there on inside still lol.. very nice racing early on.. shame other people cant see where other cars are !

also david was a nice battle with you haha.. your moves are very rude lol.. i think i got past and bang your there on inside still lol.. very nice racing early on.. shame other people cant see where other cars are !

I have seen you a bit lagged, it was a bit difficult to be exactly where were you lol. But at least you know how to brake.

I think the problem is that at times its that close that people or not willing to give room to others. Sometimes i see moves that makes you think, today again atleast 2 clear moves where people getting bashed out of their way. And its not suprisingly that most of the time that it are the same people involved in incidents. People can blame others, but should look at themself as well.

just want to apologise to Rasmus tali as he has apologised for cutting me up but again he had lagg too which caused uncertainty when racing me... sorry mate had no idea you had lagg too

also i want to say a quick thankyou to mikkonen.. i had a realy nice battle with you man early on... may not mean much to you but was nice to show i can race the top guys fairly !

From GPCOS:

Quali: P5 with 43.6, very close to my PB. Very pleased with this.

Race:

The start and the opening laps were nice and safe. I made a mistake on lap 5 or so which luckily didn't cost me any positions. Eventually I caught back to the guys in front of me and then made a big mistake.

I decided to change my strategy to try to "play it safe" and instead made my race very difficult. I originally planned to do a 1 stopper, hadn't practiced a 2 stopper at all. And to add insult to injury I made a bad frontwing modification in the last pitstop which gave me huge understeer.

During the 2nd stint I had an incident with Mikkonen, but he let me back past before the finishline which was a nice gesture.

P3 is a nice result, but unlike in Hungary I didn't come even close to driving a perfect race.

Congrats to Bono and Dennis.

Thanx Lee for the positive feedback
Scott wild took his words back
Where no real incidents some touches here and there
Between me Kerkhof,Poniatowski
I let them both passed...
I had awesome racing between Puumalainen and Prevot was great overtaking after Rivagge on the outside woooo!!heeh

I am really pleased with this 5th place!!!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 100 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 180 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 354 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 497 39.2%