Race #12, Texas: Post-Race Discussion

Not so fun last race but I kinda screwed it up in quali again. The incident in the race just wasn't avoidable. Then we had a nice pile of FTS cars lol. I also moved a bit too early after I had stopped on the track so hopefully no one got any harm from that. Continued for few laps but the car just wasn't driveable. Really thought I had good pace here.

Reasonably pleased with the results this season but quite unhappy with my performances especially in qualifying since it compromised the races most of the time. The only successful Q2 lap was in Malaysia. First half of the season I was trying to figure out where to aim for with the setup feeling so that was quite slow adapting by me tbh. Had Kuba and Jorrick raced for whole season I'd probably be p4 in the points so that sums it up pretty well.

Need to really practice harder if i'll end up in ace next season (if there's any racing next season).

But I really enjoyed this season and got some nice excitement to sunday afternoons ;)

I`m actually making party hard :D
Never expected to get P3 in Q2 with a 37.7 lol

Race was awesome. Very nice fights with Schgoer and Campus. Thanks for that guys! Sorry to hear your engine blowed up Christof :(
Gratz to whole ACR Team. 4 ACR Driver in points. Well done guys! And gratz to Alessio who defended very good :) And surely gratz to Kuba our Alien :)

Kuba Brzezinski
Not my greatest quali to be honest. My lap was very conservative so I ended up in P2. Still not that bad, but Jeroen looked to have an awesome pace so I thought it would be hard to challange him.

To my surprise I was able to follow Jeroen quite easily, but there was no way that I could overtake him so I just sat behind and tried to save my tyres. Then we pitted on the same lap and he messed up so I took the lead and never looked back. I was just doing laps, not even looking at the lap times. I was actually watching how Georg was doing, cause I really wanted him to make it a 1-2 in our ACR/OSR familly. He didn't quite manage it, but he still is on the podium, which is a great result.
Shame you had those problems Jeroen, cause I feel it would have been an awesome battle for the race win

These were absolutelly awesome five races with great competition and battles (Melbourne comes to mind). I can't wait for next season or even winter series. Bring it on!

External incidents aside, ridiculous race for me. In my "warmup(Q) lap" I totally f*ck my lap from the beginning and, as I wasn't embarrassed enough, I cut in the penultimate corner. :poop::poop::poop::poop:

At the start of the race someone divebombed me in T1 and that caused the chaos. I was P7 on primes and top 5 or even podium was possible, but I spun and crashed into the wall.

The second half of the season was really good compared to the first races. Stupid mistakes mixed with bad luck made my year not as good as I wanted but that's racing. Congrats Rens for the championship and the rest of the grid for this year. :thumbsup:

PS: Testing a new DRS system for the next season. Maybe that can explain my oversteer. :p
vsgf84.jpg

Q1: Somehow I just couldn't get the pace on low fuel here, but the actual lap wasn't too bad, only 0.3 seconds away from PB, which was pretty good with that lack of rubber.

Q2: On the morning before the race, I practiced some 2 stopper pace, which seemed pretty even overall with 1 stop pace. But I was hoping for a miracle at the start to make this work by maybe getting into the top 8, but this didn't happen, and I was stuck behind Kore and a few other drivers who had no race pace at all, so I switched to a one stopper again.

Kept up well until the pitstops with the guys in front, from there in some clear air I could push a bit more until my pitstop on lap 14. Switched from Soft to Mediums, and with the tire's durability I was able to push a bit more. Kore caught me, sending me down from P4 to P5, and I kept falling down to about P8, until everybody pitted again, which moved me up to P6.

After that I had some nice battles with Sadler and Kore, and both spun trying their fancy moves on me :cool:

Finished P6, and I maximised my crappy quali performance. If anyone can borrow me a second in qualifying pace, that'll be great.

Was great fun battling with you guys this year, always something to talk about, but mostly I just enjoyed it.

Onwards to 2015. :)

Well I've had no pace in my short time in PRO, but I've really enjoyed driving with you guys and hopefully I'll be in next season :)

The race was pretty meh for me really, went from P16 and got an excellent start, P11 by turn 1 until... yeah :D

One half-flip later I'm p20 with suspension damage that made me spin before the penultimate corner, briefly beached on the US flag :D

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 135 13.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 103 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 95 9.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 72 7.1%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 141 13.8%