Race #12, Hungary: Race Briefing

I agree SC indeed gives a realistic feel, however it should work properly to and i think after Monaco where a similair thing happend its pretty obvious that it is not working as how it should be especialy on the slower twisty tracks like we seen today. And if its true that human interaction is rather complicated then admin should have a look at the files to see if its possible to improve the AI behavier of the car wich im pretty sure is possible to do so. And the safetycar itself is looking horrible to by the way but thats my opinion.

Ok I see your points that maybe an SC is not such a bad idea if it actually works and can run faster than 110 on the straights and 40 in the corners and doesn't brake suddenly on the straights.

Anyway... there was one more issue I thought of and that was with the start. It took forever for some reason on the grid and then it was very difficult to see the start lights from my position P11. Is there a way to have virtual lights or to add those horrible horn signals so you atleast know the start sequence has started?

The SC: the problem is the AI file which determines where the AI drives, brakes etc. In Hockenheim it worked brilliantly, but for the majority of the season it's been quite unreliable.

If there is some tool which would allow us to easily record driving lines and braking points for the SC then I'm confident we wouldn't have any problems like this in the future. But until then I'd be in favour of not using the SC.

Also a Human SC is not a good idea because then the game would not give the drivers any messages when the period starts, what position to take, when the period ends and so on.

Startlights: On most tracks we've had multiple sets of startlights but I guess we don't have them here. If you can't see the lights then there is one more option. You can scroll to the ingame LCD screen which shows the racetime clock (the one that says how long the session has been running). When that clock starts running, you'll know the lights have gone green.

Edit: actually there are more sets of lights on the lefthand side of the grid.

Well, in my honest opinion the safety car isn't really save. It's even more confusing than the crash that caused it. First of all the SC was crazy slow by doing corners in 50km/h. But in yesterdays case, i got the sign that the SC would go in that lap, and it did! But before it goes into the pit, I'm not allowed to leave a gap, because I would've got a stop and go. So I stayed close to the SC and as soon as it went in I went full throttle.

What happened was that the SC suddently went left out of the pitlane back on track! It scared me, and I got the message to stay behind the SC in my screen. So I went full on the brakes in the middle of the final turn to prevent a stop and go. Karim hit my rear and lost his front wing :(. Very unfortunate, he couldn't help it and it's something that shouldn't be happening.

I'm not saying the SC should be erased from FSR, but what I'm trying to say is that it's an extra unnessecary risk factor for the leaders in this case, and for the following pack, the way it's functioning now.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back