Race #12, Hungary: Race Briefing

Welcome to the twelfth round of FSR 2010 World Series. Before proceeding to the event, notice the following:

Due to the allocation count being less than 36, no Grid 2 event is scheduled, as per article 5.8 in the World Series supplement document.

Following drivers have automatically gained the right to race in Grid 1. The listed drivers are NOT ALLOWED to take part in Pre-Qualifying:

Secured Grid 1 place (10):

Cyril Werdmuller
Mattias Stahre
Dimitri De Matos
Karim Wezenberg
Lukas Euler
Joakim Bengtsson
Fred Gosling
Stefan Kanitz
Stephane Rouault
Andrey Yakimenko

The following drivers have the right to participate in Pre-Qualifying:

Pre-Qualifying 1/1 (21):

Clayton Nelmes
Alban Deslie
David Dominguez
Miguel Seoane
Atze Kerkhof
Caner Basol
Giuseppe Marconi (participation uncertain)
Eros Masciulli (participation uncertain)
Scott Wilde
Ventis Didrihsons
Steven Diem
Pablo Garcia
Eduardo Prado
Jack Keithley
Peter Duivelaar
Muhammed Patel (participation uncertain)
Jeffrey Rietveld
Marco Conti
Dennis Furchheim
Sergio Casalins
Ben Tusting (participation uncertain)

Start from back of the grid (7):

Andrey Yakimenko
Eduardo Prado
Eros Masciulli
Jack Keithley
Kerkar Abdelaziz
Marco Conti
Nick Rowland

Schedule:

Saturday, 15:45 GMT: Server opens for PQ
Saturday, 16:00 GMT: Pre-Qualifying
Saturday, 16:20 GMT: G1 Practice
Saturday, 16:30 GMT: G1 Qualifying
Saturday, 16:50 GMT: G1 Warmup
Saturday, 17:00 GMT: G1 Race Start

The Pre-Qualifying session will be 10 minutes in length. The session will be run in Private mode without Parc Ferme. The session will also be closed, this means that it will impossible for people to join while the session is running. The top 16 from Pre-Qualifying will make it in to Grid 1.

The Free Practice session will be 10 minutes in length. Every participating driver should join as soon as possible after the server opens to make sure that they don't miss the start of Qualifying and also to make sure that their game is configured & working properly.

The Qualifying session will be 15 minutes in length. It will be run in non-Private mode (all cars will be visible on track at the same time) with Parc Ferme enforced. Parc Ferme will only allow you to change your fuel load, tire compound, engine boost, engine brakemap, front wing angle, steering lock, brake balance and brake pressure after the session is over, so make sure you have your race setup loaded when entering Qualifying. Like Pre-Qualifying, this session will also be closed, this means that it will impossible for people to join while the session is running.

The Warmup session will be 10 minutes in length. While in the garage, make sure you add the appropriate amount of fuel in to your car for the race. Remember, refueling is banned. You can drive freely in the Warmup session to try to get a feel for the heavier car after qualifying on low fuel.

The Race will be 70 laps long. Drive safely during the race, especially at the start and the first lap in general.

Red Flags will NOT be used unless in very specific situations which are specified in the rule documents. In case of light-moderate first lap incidents, a Safety Car may be deployed. The Safety Car period will last 3 laps and there will be no passing during these laps. Keep a safe distance to the car in front, but do not hold up the rest of the pack. The Safety Car will not be used for any incidents which happen after the first lap.

I couldnt race because of a stupid program(synyc) today. I started to update my circuit files 2 hours before the race. Although i have a 10mbit internet connection, program was downloading with 5-7 kb/s and 30 mb file took 1, 1.5 hour to update. Some disconnections happened during this installization. After that, i tried to enter the PQ server, but i couldn't because of some circuit files. I could enter the server before the update. I missed the PQ. After that i received the circuit from my friend, and i could enter the server with fresh Hungaroring but admin didnt let me race because of grid limit.

As a result i worked 2 weeks for this gp but i couldn't race. I want to race at WT or WC. Please add me to PQ list for one of these races. I missed the WS race but it wasn't my fault, because when i run the program after the update, it says that there is no need to update files. Something is wrong with that program. Please give me a chance to race in one of other races in this weekend.

I think that we all seen why :

a) There should be no SC under AI control
or
b) If we want SC it should be driven by human

Totally agree with this. Somebody hit the rear of my car very hard because he probably wasn't paying attention when everybody suddenly hit full on their brakes (this was probably the cause of the AI safetycar). I had heavy suspension damage and I lost my rear wing. That is something that should not happen while driving behind a safetycar.

+1 on that Lukas. With Spa, Monza, Singapore and Suzuka approaching Hungaroring doesn't feel particularly "hot".
+1 on Patrick aswell. Full course AI yellows are not very nice. Despite efforts tyre temps were 55 degrees at the restart, which is very slippery, which probably caused the T1 mayhem at the restart because everyone was stepping on their brakes as usual and locked up the bricks (tyres).

SC was terrible. You virtually had to stop up the straight coming to the end of Sector 1....

Start up to end of Turn 1 was good - got up to P9 or P8. Coming into Turn 3 someone went accross the grass and into me. Spun me around and I was in the middle of the track. Many people plowed into me - Sorry but nothing I could do!
Once everyone got going I had no front or rear wings. All suspension damaged and had rear tires punctured. Crawled to the pits and had like a 90 second stop. Came out and was a lap down.
Was P15 and like 40 seconds behind guy in front and server crashed.

I agree about the SC as well. Put a human to drive it and get the problem solved.

Also pitty about that 50%. I was at turn 4 when cars started to fly all over the place on the track.
Still good race up to that point.

Question is when to have this race again. Any ideas of what usually happens?

Ondrej: A human SC is more complicated than one would probably think if it's not done spot on, but we can talk about it (msn).
I agree the AI solution is not very good, but as always the question is whether there is an alternative that is better and working properly and being available at all times.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 137 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 190 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 375 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 516 38.9%