Race #12, Belgium: Post-Race Discussion

From GPCOS:
"Q1: P3 with a 1.43.5 so i was happy to do q2 again.

Q2: i drive a 1.44.2 so i started from p7 on the grid.

Race: On the first laps, i was scared by Stoffel as he brake really late on La Source so was happy to see it in times to avoid the contact. After that, Stoffel was able to pass me because of Slipstream. Lap 14 or 15, i don't remember well, after Dennis had small contact with Stoffel one lap before, i tried to pass but he pushed me on the grass so wasn't able to pass.
I decided to stop one lap after Dennis as i didn't want to be leapfrop by others because of a late pit. After Stoffel made his pit stop, i was able to pass him thanks to slipstream and a good top speed.
I tried to push to stay behind Mikko but i lost 2 secondes when Morand spun in Les combes so i wasn't able to catch him after that. Until the end of race, i had a nice fight with Jaakko but as my tyres were worn, he was able to pass me on last turn.

P5 at the end, with more luck p4 was possible. I'm happy, again i scored points in WC.A big thanks to the team, it was an honour today to replace Atze with the main Twister car and thanks to my t-mates for the help provided. "

"Q1: Made a good clean lap, enough to take my into Q2 this time.

Q2: My lap was clean so 8th place was predictable.

R: I lost 3 places in T1. I was really carefull not to hit anybody and been hitten ofcourse. Then in T2 after the big straight, some drivers wanted to win the race.
My car got damaged after that as a result I couldn't have the race pace that I normally had in test races I have done. In the last chicane at the end of lap 1 I tried to overtake Patel, I took the inside line but he closed the door by taking his normal racing line despite I was side by side with him. So I braked a lot more than usual, I spun and dropping back 16th place, ahead of those who crashed in lap 1.
After these incidents, my race was boring, trying to bring the car home.
Some drivers made mistakes so I moved up to 9th and I got 2 points.
Not happy at all once again.
Let's see if I can do a problem free race this year..."

From GPCOS:

Quali: 43.5 in Q1, 44.1 in Q2 for P6 on the grid.

Race:

Average start, didn't lose any positions and managed to pass Dennis on the run to Les Combes.

First stint was quite hectic, a lot of tight battles going around. Managed to pass Jaakko on lap 10 or so and then I was right behind Bono & Morgan.

Made a mistake on about lap 15 when following Morgan in to T1, misjudged his entry and I climbed up on his rear wheel, losing a lot of momentum and a position to Stoffel.

Decided to pit after I saw Dennis pit behind me, rejoined behind him.

Got up to P3 after Morgan spun, after that it was a tough race because DDM was faster than me, but wasn't quite able to catch me in the remaining laps.

4th podium of the season and a decent gap to Fred & Atze in the championship, happy with the result.

Congrats to Bono & Denny for the other podium spots, nice day for Precision & Mak-Corp with 1, 2, 3, 4.

""Q1, 43,893 I think it was, PB lap but still 13th.
R, Had a good start and made it up to 11th, and after a few retirements I was up to 9th and had pace which I was surprised by as I was keeping some time towards Duivelaar infront. But after setting my best lap which was just off Morands fastest lap at the time I had some lag in T1 that caused me to spin and slam the wall hardly to loose my front wheels."
Again a nice race by Bono, I saw some mistakes by him...This cant be right ;)

Expectations were a podium today
And i made a huge noob error
I was way too agressive to try and keep up with Bono in sector 2 and,
my car needed a little more track i run onto the grass and hit the wall on the right.....
Lucky there was no 1 there
Qualify i knew i could get pole but 4th not too bad
In race good start and overtaking morand and Mikkonen Morand turned in while i was there we touched but no harm done
Then overtaking Mikkonen And try to keep up with Huis which seemed to work then a noob error
See ya at Monza

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 292 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 203 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 198 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 144 7.5%
  • < 5 years