Race #11, Hungary: Post-Race Discussion

Difficult yet fun debut for me, i don't know what went wrong of the line but i span, got to the first corner and ended up plowing into someone who had spun, damaged something and i pitted, came back out and spent the rest of my race around 5 seconds ahead of my Synergy team-mate when Kostinadov approached me, i pulled off the racing line and slowed to 100, next thing i knew, something had hit me and i was cruising back onto the track with a problem, the car span soon after and hit the wall damaging my front right, couldn't continue. Sad ending really.

good job Adam !!! You have a blue flag and you MUST let me immediately, but you decided otherwise... push the brakes on the ideal line and when i passing you, then decide to change the trajectory and then my race went down. You Failed some Q1 laps i think you should watch your mirrors.

To Mod Team, i think you must make the blue flags come from longer distance.

good job Adam !!! You have a blue flag and you MUST let me immediately, but you decided otherwise... push the brakes on the ideal line and when i passing you, then decide to change the trajectory and then my race went down. You ****ed me some Q1 laps i think you should watch your mirrors.

To Mod Team, i think you must make the blue flags come from longer distance.
Lol **** off mate, i was on my hotlap in Q1 and you cut straight across my line, also i got COMPLETELY off the racing line into that turn, you stuck right up my arse when i left you the entire racing line to get past me, what do you expect me to do, the corner approached and you were still up my arse so where could i go, i turned in and you were there, i was cruising at half throttle in 3rd gear, you had a giant piece of track to go past me.

Noob? Mate i got off the racing line and you stayed behind me, if i hadn't of turned i would of gone straight off the track.
Maybe next time go in the space i leave you instead of going the difficult route.

Oh cmon guys really, Everything thats done is done, Even if Adam is a "noob" or whatever (No offence) we all have to start somewhere. Its WT for a reason, Entry level so you will get some less experienced guys.

Oh cmon guys really, Everything thats done is done, Even if Adam is a "noob" or whatever (No offence) we all have to start somewhere. Its WT for a reason, Entry level so you will get some less experienced guys.
But this is still a proffesional league, to even get into G1 you need experience and with that said it means you know that braking 100 metres earlier then the usual braking point is a good idea to avoid exacly what happen today.

Exacly same incident have happened to me in real life as I am a karting driver and guess what, the driver who did that got banned from 2 rounds in a cup. I hope we will never have to see this again.

But this is still a proffesional league, to even get into G1 you need experience and with that said it means you know that braking 100 metres earlier then the usual braking point is a good idea to avoid exacly what happen today.

Exacly same incident have happened to me in real life as I am a karting driver and guess what, the driver who did that got banned from 2 rounds in a cup. I hope we will never have to see this again.
The incident we had wasn't because of me being a 'noob', i should of been more aware of him coming but why did he pick a point where i was turning in to dive up my inside, who knows.
It's over now anyway.

You braked on the one and only racing line to that corner. Would have been very unexpected for most of the guys probably, as its a very very weird place to let someone pass considering the corner is almost flatout and followed by a straight which is a good place to let someone pass. Next time please let leaders pass on a straight or off the racing line.

Q1: Had a decent run eventually only 2 tenths off my pb which translated a P12, just those couple of tenths off Q2 :(

R: As people mentioned before, someone had a problem lining up properly on the grid causing a major delay on the start. I was one of the unfortunate ones that had an overheating engine as I put my LC on out of habit thinking the lights would start going off in any second. As that didn´t happen I found myself with a smoking engine and once the lights went off I was spinning on my grid position losing several positions and compromising my engine in a major fashion. Going through the first lap I gained back positions just driving around carefully watching how my enginelife was draining and seeing people flying off the track. I started driving with normal rev´s fighting for position with Puschke - I think we were P8 and P7 at one point.

Catching him and fighting him continued pretty much through the whole 1st stint. So much infact that not only was my engine going to be a problem - also my tyres wore off and I was in trouble. After spinning on lap 19 I did an early stop at lap 20. After that I paced myself for the next 10 laps till I figured I was going to run out of engine. Afterwards I was just sunday driving through the track for 20 laps trying to stay away from cars lapping me.

Also want to apologize to Andreas Nilsson for the situation where he passed me in T1, I didn´t realise or see you being that deep into the corner and besides me so I steered too much causing us tapping each other. I had minor suspension damage, hoping it didn´t cause you issues! I wasn´t going to fight hard for the position anyway because of my car problems so it was definitely not intentional.

I´m sorry if someone got scared with lapping me as I was going like a proper snail on the track due to the circumstanses. I also had a few scares lapping the orange-coloured cars so I can relate to people who were giving feedback. You really need to be aware of your surroundings and makes a decision on which side of the track you´re going to be on once being blue flagged.

P10 after all the technical difficulties is an okay result - knowing that I had a good pace and was fighting for the top 5 through my first stint. See you in Spa!

You braked on the one and only racing line to that corner. Would have been very unexpected for most of the guys probably, as its a very very weird place to let someone pass considering the corner is almost flatout and followed by a straight which is a good place to let someone pass. Next time please let leaders pass on a straight or off the racing line.
I understand where your coming from but i wasn't actually letting him through at that point i was trying to get on the straight in time, i had a problem with my car caused by the first corner mayhem, (i'm talking about first corner on the parade lap, someone span right infront of me) and i couldn't take that corner without braking, i really didn't expect him to come in so quick.

I appologise to anyone i caused problems when they were lapping me, i was only driving at half throttle through most of the lap because of a problem and i was trying my hardest to get out of the way.

Pretty weird race for me...

Nearly screwed up in Q1, couldn't put in a clean lap and just managed to get into Q2. Therefore, it was a surprise for when I took pole:)

At the start I was good of the line, but got slipstreamed down in Turn 1 and lost the lead there. Got a bad exit out of T1 too and Mallorqui could also pass me in T2. A few laps later I made a silly mistake when I run wide in the S-curves, letting Tusting pass me and I was down to P4.

I decided to make the most of my strategy and pitted as soon as I was sure to get free air after the stop. This worked nice and I came out a few seconds behind Chong. When everyone had made their pitstops I was in the lead. Tried to extend the gap even more, but the tires was too worn. I rejoined behind Leppala and tried to catch him, but I made some minor mistakes and there was not enough laps left.

As Joona mentioned we touched into T1 and I think I'm innocent this time, since I had the inside there...:) I got damage to the radiators and had to be very careful with the engine after that. I guess we are even now, since I hit you at Silverstone ;)

In the end I benefited from all the crashes in front of me and ended up P3. Pretty nice result!
smile.png

Cya at Spa!!

As Joona mentioned we touched into T1 and I think I'm innocent this time, since I had the inside there...:) I got damage to the radiators and had to be very careful with the engine after that. I guess we are even now, since I hit you at Silverstone ;)

Completely forgot about that actually! Yeah, guess we´re even with collisions tho - because you definitely did stretch your chances a tad too far when you knocked me off at Silverstone :D

Was a fun race apart from me deleting my race setup at the start of Q2 what a nob.
Messed up Q2 so started 7th, didn't make the best of starts but managed to gain a few places in t1 and t2, so i was 4th or 3rd?

Was stuck behind Nilsson for a while until he made a mistake, everyone was so close behind me, it was like the Tusto train. Just tried to not make any mistakes(i hate S2 aswell, the stupid right , left bit etc :)

and the huge crash Ivar had, was WOW, just saw debris flying everywhere in my mirror:)

Grats to the podium guys and Unlucky to Mark and Ivar .

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 228 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 157 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 156 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 221 14.3%