Race #11, Germany: Post-Race Checks

1 race grosjean got for causing a major accident! 1 race! not 4! Spa 2011 Koboyashi, Hamilton accident. Drive through... Plus Shumacher, Hamilton Monza 2011 NO Penalties for blocking! Also in the Monza race was Webber Much faster than Felipe, passing round the out side.. Felipe turned in on him nocking his front wing off.. No penalty applied.. David you say F1 penalties are a joke.. What about the official warning for a late GPCOS comment!

1 race grosjean got for causing a major accident! 1 race! not 4! Spa 2011 Koboyashi, Hamilton accident. Drive through... Plus Shumacher, Hamilton Monza 2011 NO Penalties for blocking!

Seems like you keep ignoring the reality of the situation. Morand was never banned for this incident, he got 1 penalty point. He's only banned due being on last license with to many penalty points again due to repeat offenses.

You can't compare two completely different series also especially to F1 where the FIA are the most inconsistent in terms of penalties, and this was nothing like blocking. If FSR did things how F1 did all hell would break lose after each and every post race checks (If incidents are there)

I don't think it's even worth replaying to you now as you seem like some bot out to defend Morand only and make FSR look bad even when your wrong and don't know what your talking about.

You can't compare two completely different series also especially to F1 where the FIA are the most inconsistent in terms of penalties, and this was nothing like blocking. If FSR did things how F1 did all hell would break lose after each and every post race checks (If incidents are there)

Need I remind you of Morands Stripped Hungarian race for Blocking! Plus this is a Formula Sim Racing Game!

@Jackson Wendt

I think you didn´t understand the basic principle of rules yet. If the rules state a late gpcos comment means a warning then that´s it, you get the warning.

If the rules say a log infraction means dq (only on the 2nd offence, first is a warning) and a qualy cut means back of the grid then that´s it, nothing to argue.

Of course rules in simracing have to be somewhat stricter (log infractions to protect FSR from cheaters for example). Since the rules have been stricter and allowed less malicious, careless or simply dangerous behaviour towards others on track the races have been a lot cleaner, simply because people have to race clean, and we had some very exciting battles even with these rules, it´s very possible to fight without contact if both drivers respect eachother and are careful enough.

If you don´t agree with the rules that´s fine by me, but it doesn´t change the fact that they are applied here in FSR.

just a fan here.

was falowing this league since this season. considered to join but i think a will not. :p

this is a radiculus situation here. everybody knows this is not morands fault at all.
i think you should punish somebody else here as these tactics remembers me on the "crashgate".

this is absolutley not what simracing should be.

probably a race limit in the rules for the WS and WT drivers would do it and not a point limit.
3-4 races.

no offence guy's, just my 2c.

edit: i think incidents #8 and #9 should be just seen as one racing incident.

In that case not FSR, only the World Championship teams can be blamed for it, as they vote for the rules before every season (including me).

In any case, the penalty given for this incident isn´t very high at all, Bono got 1.0points on his license for making a dummy move while being close behind Morgan which resulted in no contact at all, but the race director valued it as a dangerous situation. He never complained about it here, as 1.0 points mean nothing and don´t do any harm, unless you already collected 3.5 points before like Morgan did. You can look back through the Post Race Checks of Malaysia, Monaco and Monza to see them, all results of his own choices.

In 3 years he is the first one to loose all the license points, including the 2nd license, so it is an indicator that it isn't so hard. In the last 3 years maybe we had 50 or 60 different guys racing in WC.

To be fair and more accurate, this season is more strict in license points because in past seasons the 1st license had 5pp and not just 3pp. This season, everyone started with a license of 3pp and needed clean races to have it increased to 5.

About the rest, I'm still speechless, but we will appeal to COA obviously and see what happens.

This race broadcasted very disgusting (legal) behaviors on track though and it wasn't Morgan crash with Keithley...but well...no need to say anything more here...nobody needs these discussions here...

P.S.: Jack Keithley overtake on the outside on Tommy Nilsson is my favorite ever. Awesome overtake that we could watch live on Simrace.tv! -.-

I have to say I'm enjoying FSR really much this year. Awesome drivers/battles, even victories aren't evident for Bono, thanks to Morgan.

There's only one thing I dislike being a spectator... Without any hard feelings towards the actual WC race directors: it would be better if decisions were made by people outside the WC top3/top5 teams. I know everyone tries to be as objective as possible, but sometimes a decision can be different if it regards an own driver, or a oponent.

Once again I don't accuse anyone here, but I think this may be a subject to think about for future WC-seasons!

We had independant people for the first race (Mikko posted the incident reviews but he just copy/pasted), and it's simply impossible (or very, very hard) to get people with:

1-Knowledge about simracing
2-Knowledge about racing
3-Full knowledge of our rules
4-Knowledge about all the WC drivers and teams
5-Efficiency - Nobody can beat Mikko here. Keep in mind that we need fast checks for the highlights video and the fantasy game.
6-Zero relationship with any WC team/driver
7-Almost full disponibility

Now, if you know someone who has all the above points, I'm sure that FSR will have an independant race director.

When I became president, one of the things I wanted to change was that, but in practice is something very hard to achieve.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back