Race #11, Germany: Post-Race Checks

Grosjean was DQed because he took out championship contenders.
Morand was penalised because he spun into PM car.

Simple as that.

It's not as simple as that. It could of been any other team car/driver and the penalty would be the same. Also it was not DQ, it was 1 penalty point, which if you have a clean license due to racing clean in the season it would not have meant much.

As I mentioned in the review, Morand had wheelspin before the contact, not at the moment of it.

He corrected his car and then made a sharp right turn in to the path of Keithley.

Morand himself said he did not have wheelspin.

The server replay agrees with this, 16.6k revs @ 170kph in 3rd gear after regaining traction before the contact, which correlates with his previous laps.

There was no other decision to be made here because of a) Morand's history and b) the incident itself.

People should look further than "PM vs. GS/Morand" before they open their mouths.

I would like to state something here as it seems there is quite a lot of accusing against PM here.

It was said quite a few times that Jack could finish in 8th max, but that´s not correct, the fact is, we didn´t know where he could finish before the race as it depended on other drivers scoring, so he just tried to drive a good race and stay in touch with the leaders as long as possible, surely ending up behind someones teammate for a championship contender is a stressful situation, but I would like to remind about the first race in Melbourne, those involved know what I mean. And instead of what happened in Melbourne Jack didn´t do any aggressive moves, he just raced and tried to stay as high up as possible so we could see what the best position he can finish in will be, it would have been 4th eventually btw. but could have been 3rd or 2nd as well so falling back early was not an option of course.

Afterall the incident cost Jack and PM a minimum of 12 points in this race, it was a small mistake by the looks of it, but with a big impact. When you are close to another car you have to be more cautious, simple as that.

Thats not true. There was only very light right-left correction to stabilise car, nothing like sharp turning into other car.
This is just simply false, I suggest you look at the situation again.

In the other hand, Keithleys car was pointing all the way into Morand, so even without that correction they would have touched in the end.
I have no idea what to say to this.

Thats not true. There was only very light right-left correction to stabilise the car, nothing like sharp turning into the other car. In the other hand, Keithleys car was pointing all the way into Morand, so even without that correction they would have touched in the end.

The video clearly shows what Mikko said on the review of the incident. You can see there how Morand had some wheelspin, and after that, he turns into Keithley.

Why you don't take onboard cam ? ( own vcr )
You will see that i have no other move in steering wheel to Keithley, it's the bump who made the car to keithley
Biased i said ?
you want the slowmo ?

Why you don't take onboard cam ? ( own vcr )

Because that view from the rear shows clearly the real direction of the cars.

You will see that i have no other move in steering wheel to Keithley, it's the bump who made the car to keithley

Rietveld's car didn't suffer any problem on that bump....

In my opinion you thought that Keithley was still a bit behind you, and you tried to protect the inside for the next hairpin, but unfortunatelly Keithley got a good exit and he was already next to you.

Come on Morgan, I have checked briefly around 12 laps and you never suffered that "bump issue". Check lap 15 as example, you got there also the same problem (wheelspin), but as you were behind him, you stayed in straight line, never moving to the center.

but even in f1 they have clashes and crashes all the time and they all are much better than any of us SIM racers.. Take Hamilton and Webber, Singapore 2010.. No penalties applied because there was nothing wrong with it

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 350 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 483 39.0%