Race #11, Germany: Post-Race Checks

Sending someone into a wall is not a little thing imo (I know that wasn't Morand's plan, but it's what happened after the contact).

If penalties are severe (I don't consider them severe anyway) is because the league wants to have clean races, it's as simple as that.

I agree, it's only a game, some people take it way too seriously. But that's how it is in WC (and in WS too these days...). I would have preferred to see Morand and Bono decide the race win between each other without possible team tactics coming into play. Anyway, that's racing, and as David said, it's not illegal.

Jackson, the penalty is not particularly "severe", 1 penalty points is a standard penalty for an incident resulting in DNF for the other car.

So every time 2 cars gets together and there's a crash its 1pp for one of them? If that wasnt a racing incident im not sure what is anymore.. And if you want cleaner races then you should strongly think about doing something to the collision model. Atm its like you are inviting people to drive close together(sometimes literally inside each other) and when **** hits the fan you penalize drivers for using the "limits" of the mod. Im not sure if i explained it the best way but i think you catch my drift.

You may be right, it is just a game.. But you sign a contract for a team which means that it is your obligation to get the best possible result for your team.. Morgan was trying to do this but it ended up in a mistake and all of this arguing..

I think that we all need to listen to eachother and try to respect each others opinions.. This incident will not be the last of its kind.. I just hope when the next one hits and if it is similar to this, it gets more thought and or judgement or impacts of this from a fan base and from a driving base... I hope this will be handled with more care in the future is all that I am trying to say..

Philipp got 1.0 points for not giving me room on entry, the incident didn't have any major cause.
Morand got 1.0 for crashing out Jack, whether the cause of the movement was wheelspin or not, it's still his fault for getting wheelspin imo.
Just another mistake, but this time a costly one.

I hope this will be handled with more care in the future is all that I am trying to say..

It is already handled with care from Mikko. Just look the timings... teams had until Monday night to send protests and the post race checks from WC are already done. You can agree or disagree in little things here and there maybe, but surely not about lacking care from his side.

And even if you consider this as a mistake, the league allows mistakes, fact is that you have 5 license points and that penalty costed him 1 ... it's not the league fault if he already had more points.

So people are penalized for the outcome of incidents? That's so wrong. Morgan got the penalty because Jack was there, and if Jack wasn't there, he'd just correct the car and continue...? I understand the 1.0 pp when you crash someone out as when someone does mistake in the way of braking at 50m instead of 100m where the braking point is, and therefore hitting someone and taking him out. But you just can't penalize someone because the rFactor damage model, which is unpredictable, decides to end the race for both drivers.

Btw, it is legal, but it's really...I'll say -sad- and to look at someone's race and write an appeal for his every mistake. I mean, things like the appeals about Morgan's Monza race corner cutting - when I was reading the appeal in the post race checks I couldn't believe what I'm reading. How desperate someone has to be to watch whole race of an opponent and write down every single corner cut? I think this is inapropriate thing to do, although it may be perfectly legal.

Also, about all the rules - when there's a rule writing about every single possible thing that can happen, you know the community is at very low moral stage. There's a thing called wisdom, which seems to be missing in the world, also in FSR. I'm not accusing anyone, but I'm just urging everyone to think about that. When you have wisdom, you don't need 20 page rules. Because you know on track when enough is enough, and when an incident happens you know that someone did a mistake, so you let him now and you forgive him. Yes, forgive. But it demands everyone to have wisdom. Perfect community. Oh, that doesn't exist. Still, think about that.

I disagree with the first part, you have to take extra care when driving alongside another car. At the end of the day, an incident between two cars is usually a consequence of a mistake from the other car, be it intentional or not. Once your mistake causes the retirement of an opponent, it has to be penalized.

I agree with your other points mainly. There is still room to improve the rules and minimize all unnecessary "politics" that has little to do with racing (such as post-race cut checks). These kind of elements only serve to make racing more artificial.Ultimately the races should be decided on track, that's what sports is about. For that we of course need cut-proof tracks which failed in this instance, as there was a clear design flaw in this track.

The process to rewrite the rules has already gone on a couple of years. Today, we have much less defined rules about what is right/wrong in specific incident situations compared to a few years ago. The director has a bigger room for interpretation. It's here where the wisdom comes to play...

Its all about money Ville :D

The money that revolves around FSR is not enough to make me understand this. The thing is that some(most) people here in fsr(anyone can think of themselves who im talking about) has no respect to others what so ever. All they think about is their own ass which leads to this. People protesting every single thing they can come up with. I agree that penalties and protest are in order when people make desperate passing attempts for example: Morgan vs Bono in Malaysia t1. That's all fair and cool when people protest from things like that and it goes trough. I literally can imagine this guy whos name i shall not say, sitting mouth watering and waiting for anything to come up just so he can go and make a protest.

I was kinda hoping to be driving WC or WS next year but i really dont think i want to be part of this. I rather not to drive at all or drive in WT against people like Petar who has some kind of values and knows where to draw the line unlike pretty much everyone in WC & WS.

Haha the amount of people not using their brain in this thread is unreal ... I can understand that people are upset about Morgan being banned, he's fast, I think we all agree with that, but there are also rules. And rules are there to follow..

It's not that this is Morgan his 1st mistake during this season. He got 4.5 penalty points (not sure) on his 1st license which is a lot obviously. And now another 1.5 on his 2nd license. In my opinion, it's ridiculous that it's even possible to have a 2nd license.

And about Jack. Why on earth would it matter wether he's driving WS or WC, if he's fast or if he's not fast. He was driving for position eventhough he knew he would have to give up at the end. And with Saxen finishing higher I think he could score even more points than before. Morgan is driving for the championship, which I understand, but that doesn't mean that people have to get out of the way for him. You've to earn a championship and you don't earn it with driving people off the track. And clearly Morgan didn't have the pace to pass Jack.

So in my opinion it's a fair decision, people who can't read and don't use their brain during a race should not race .. simple as. And saying afterwards that FSR is biased is the most ridiculous thing ever. It says enough about the dreamworld Morgan lives in, he has to understand he's not some sort of god.

/end of rant

Have a nice day :)

PS: Don't think i'm a #### now, just showing my opinion about it ;)

Mod edit: mind the language please- family forum

Just one thing, please keep the discusion without insults or bad words, Jeffrey you made a valid point but it's not needed to mention the lack of brains of other people, for example; you can say the same in a much correct way ;)

Driver(s) Involved: Jack Keithley and Morgan Morand

Lap/Replay Time: Lap 15 - 24:39

Review: Morand and Keithley are approaching T1 with Morand in front. Keithley gets a good slipstream and goes on the inside for T1. Morand takes a wide entry on the outside, but cuts in too tight to accommodate Keithley's entryline who is by now alongside him. Keithley's front left makes light contact with Morand, but enough for him to start to slide and for Keithley to take the position.

Verdict: Racing Incident, Morand should've given more space

scaled.php

Ideal line: 1 lap before

scaled.php

I gave him no room ??? there is 1.2x car room...
You punished me EVERY TIME when i divebombed like this. Now : Racing incident.
IT's so incredible that no one see this... and said that i'm feeling like sort of GOD.
And this is why i feel people who check are biased, and i still keep my words.

i'm not angry about my Ban, i'm laughing hard at this time.
I'm just disgusting that it's this unconsistency like this that, that 11 races later i get a ban.
rfactor2012091815515476.jpg

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back