Race #10, Italy: Post-Race Discussion

Q1: awful lap 23,711
R: Will quit from FSR this season, no point to show bad results by me what are caused by bad mod.
Cya 2013 guys with new mod. (at least i hope, also maybe rF2 :p ). I will be camera man rest of season maybe. So i still watching you guys :D
Good luck to all and have fun, wish best for everyone ;)

A novel from gpcos:
"I didn't know what to expect and what goals to set before the race. I prepared really well and deep in my mind I believed I had the pace for the victory, but with the laptimes being very close in the hotlaptracker, I haven't set any goal to myself.

Then the Q1 started and I did a bad lap but I was still near the top and when I improved the time I was astonished by the pace of others as it was the first time I could match the pace of the race favourites.

In Q2 I went into the lap without any thought, I just went for it, just drove the car and it was doing everything I wanted. Awesome experience. And then noone could improve the time and I was on the pole for the first time, staring into the laptime sheet with a great disbelief as it is not an usual thing to be on the pole position in such a competitive field.

Then it was the race. Lights coming on, I was affraid I was going to leave the LC button as the pulse in the finger was so intense. But nevertheless I left it at the right time and Gosbee, who was next to me, quickly became a bit smaller in the mirrors with Puschke passing him. I choose the mid track line and had no problem to defend the lead. In some laps Puschke was quicker than me and he passed me.
After that it was only driving and driving, trying to preserve the car a bit, with some on track action as many were on two stopper and some, including me and Puschke, on three stopper. There were some intense moments but in the end Puschke was leading over me and Gosbee, but Gosbee was fading away so we decreased the pace. Three laps to go Puschke went off and soon it became clear his brakes failed. I was scared as I had the same ducts as him. I tried not to put us in a dangerous situation as our team would not be too happy about a crash, but Gosbee was quickly closing in. We just managed to stay in the lead and in the end he won with me just behind.

I am really happy about the result and about how our team develops from a good team to race winning team."

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 123 13.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 95 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 90 9.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 64 6.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 128 13.6%