Race #1, Bahrain: Post-Race Discussion

Really happy with my first win in FSR! :D

Q2 was a bit slower than I wanted, so was a bit bumped that I had to start on the dirty side.
This cost me a place at the start and from that it was all about managing tyres and hope other would make mistakes. After pitstop I could pass my teammate Jeroen after he made small mistake and I could bring the car home.

Also big thanks to the commentators and Cameraman! :thumbsup: See you in Malaysia!

I have absolutely to fix my ''freeze'' problem with the PC because my race was ruined from this (and maybe i have also damaged someone else)...

PQ: Sure to be able to entered in Top26 i din't wont to take any risk to spin or miss a lap and i did P14 with 32.9 (i found also Knight on the last corner,i think P6 or 7 was possible)...
Q1: A very miracle!Very near at my best lap did during the practice,a 1.32.461 that placed me in P4 and gave me the access for the Q2...
Q2: Quite good lap in Sector 1 and 2,i think that was a possible P6,but a freeze own on the last straight (very near the finish line!) did lose me about 2 seconds and finally i made a P9...

Race: The start was quite good,i was P8 in the Turn 2,but i touch Holmes (i was totally at inside,i couldn't disappear,no possibilty to avoid the contact but i think is a ''race incident'') and i made a spin!At Turn 3 i found Koriala
(i think) at the middle of the track and i took him on the rear,so the car was quite damaged but still drivable...
At the finish on Lap 1 i was P15 and i started a vamp that move me in P10 on Lap 9 but the problem are not finished and another freezing put the end to my race!When the PC is ''back to life'',Kore couldn't did anything to avoid me and i
take fly over the sky and i landed behind the barriers...no possibilty to rejoined the track and so i pressed ESC...
Is it my first DNF on FSR,not the return that i hoping!

Satisfied to have seen that the pace is not very bad (not for win but quite good for score Q2 and podium) but very frustrating for the problem that i accused!I have to find a solution because for me is not possible do some race in this
situation,also because i won't to damage other drivers...
If someone else have a solution,i'm here (Guglielmo,if you find a solution,send me a PM)

Congratulations at Boshove for the win,Kweekel and Campus for the podium,and Schgor for the Pole Position!

I hope to see all in Malaysia...

Mirko Lupini

Really angry. Decided to start from pitlane to avoid T1 chaos (also did some setup changes :D )Race went extremely well until after my only pitstop I catched Winter and Klop who were battling with each other. They did not pit and were very slow, I played safe and took care of my tires waiting them to pit. Winter suddenly braked into fast corner (Turn 4), all I left to do is to swerve frantically into sand pit. Lost many positions with that and destroyed my tires too. Pity, because Top8 finish was very possible.

Did some nice overtakes before that, enjoyed my race fully up until that dramatic point.

You forgot to comment about this when I was on 13-14 laps fresher tyres:

I really don't know what to think, honestly.

Nvm, it wouldn't have happened if I was not stupid while pitting and missing the speed at the entry (DT penalty).

I'm happy about my Pole but not about my race even when i knew something like this will happen...
Yesterday i watched the Ace Race, and than i found out that, firstly: not even i was way slower than everyone else no.... but that they set-up the car way differently than me. So today i stand up early in the morning, and made every part of my set new. I knew what i had to change and could incredible increase my pace by a second but couldn't manage to suit the set to my driving style, and also couldn't make alot of tests with high fuel, because i thought my pace was good (yesterday) and moved already up to low fuel and than i was "slow". Going back to full fuel, getting a feel for it, and than making a completely new set was just too much work for one day. So i made a completely new set with Low fuel. Which worked pretty well for Qualy because i knew how to handle the car. Still it was very unstable and in the race i just had in mind that if i Push too hard i will crash for sure because i just hadn't the trust in my car. In the end i got a dissapointed 7 Place. But since i found in the last moment the right way in "how to set the car" i'm looking forward for the Next race. Hopefully this time with a very strong "Race Pace"

The first Race of 2014 Season is over and it was very chaotic at the beginning. But someone up in the Sky had an eye on me
wink.gif

This was my first Sim Race ever. I`ve trained very much. Maybe 1000Laps in the one week I own rf2.

Before Pre Qual I was very nervous. But my Brain was getting in some kind of "Racing mode". The intensity helped much to concentrate on Racing.

Pre Qual worked great. Did a 1.33.8 at my first run and that was enough. I have tried it again, but didn`t improve the time.

In Q1 I managed the same time like in Pre qual, but it was enough for P16. Hoped I could get a little improvement to pre qual. but doesn`t matter at all.

The start was good for me. Get some little hits, but nothing to talk about. Get from P16 to P11.

Early I noticed, that i can`t get the speed of the cars in front of me without ruin my tyres. So I decided to look after the Tyres and try to 1 Stop. I tried to drive very smoothly the whole race. Never pushed to the limit. The tactic was perfect.
I had good topspeed on the straight, so it was difficult for the others to pass me, if I didn`t have a mistake. I hold them up for long time, even with worse tyres.
For a short time I was on P8 but can`t hold this position due my bad Tyres at the end.

2 laps left, driving on P10, Rens Klop passed me with much better Tyres I think. Unfortunately I have not reached Top10, it was near-by. But I´m very happy with P11. It`s much better what I could ever have expected.

Regards
Georg Winter

Last edited:
PQ: 6th with 1:32.6
Q1: 7th with 1:32.6
Q2: 4h with 1:32.8

Race: I lose a position at start, but I re-gain it in S1. After a little mistake at first lap I stay close to podium contenders; I lost a position when we have some troubles at T9. After pit stops and some battles, with Fernandez and Matti, I'm third; Boshove and Kweekel gains 10 seconds ahead and Holmes is catching me. As in all race, I try to make good laps without destroy tires/make mistakes. Last 3 laps battle ends with my first FSR podium; I'm very happy about it:)!

14:55 Q2 lap
27:35 Formation lap
30:21 Race start
31:55 Vs. Hernandez
39:17 T9 half-spin
51:33 Pit stop
52:18 Vs. Hernandez
57:35 Vs. Matti
1:22:16 Vs. Holmes
1:24:38 Vs. Holmes
1:25:24 Checkered flag

If I start to write individual thanks (or all details, like my new FF :thumbsup:) it will be a very long message hehe; thanks to all C7NX/FTS team for giving me such a great car and fun:inlove: (not only on track). Don't worry Tuomas, championship is long. Thanks to simdrivers that battles fairly (like Holmes, just to write a name), to staff for their work, to people that follow me and help me.

Congratulations to the winner ;) , to the podium ;):D, and to who is happy about his race.

Wow that last crash... O.o

Also dunno what to say about T1...I was the one you clipped. But I won't raise a protest, gone is gone and now I just focus for Malaysia.

I told victor I thought it was a racing incident but for you to say don't worry you won't protest, makes me believe you think victor was in the wrong, while he may of clipped you, after watching the rreplay Victor was just about turning in as you came rround in front of him which led you to be clipped, if you would have gone slightly wider then the turn one carnage would have never been.

But thats obviously me sticking up for my driver, I dont believe he was in the wrong for you to even believe that a protest would have been right.

edited to add the "quote"

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back