Martin Hodas (2.75)

Q1: Clean
Q2: N/A
Log: Clean
Launch Control R1: Used
Launch Control R2: Used
Pitstop: Clean
Tire Rules: Fulfilled
Penalty: 0.5 Penalty Points for Incident #12.

Danny van der Niet (2.25)

Penalty: 1.0 Penalty Points for Incident #9.

Michi Hoyer (2.75)

Penalty: 0.5 Penalty Points for Incident #8.

Thomas Mundy (3.50)

Penalty: N/A

Gennaro Celiento (2.75)

Log: Net Connection Type="3" Upstream/Downstream KBPS="128/128"
Penalty: Official Warning for .PLR/multiplayer.ini settings. 0.5 Penalty Points for Incident #11.

Mark Johnston (2.50)

Penalty: Official Warning for Incident #1, No SR Gained for Race 1. 0.5 Penalty Points for Incident #13.

Chris de Jong (2.75)

Log: Upstream/Downstream KBPS="128/128"
Penalty: Official Warning for .PLR/multiplayer.ini Settings. 0.5 Penalty Points for Incident #7.

Giordano Valeriano (3.25)

Tire Rules: N/A

David Bennewitz (3.50)

Log: Virtual Rearview In Cockpit="0", Net Connection Type="3" Upstream/Downstream KBPS="128"
Penalty: Official Warning for .PLR/Multiplayer.ini Settings

Armondo Morra (2.75)

Penalty: 0.5 Penalty Points for Incident #5.

Marek Godek (3.50)

Alex Diaz (3.50)

Artyom Aslamazyan (3.50)

Q2: Clean

Jarl Teien (3.50)

Q2: Clean
Log: None Sent
Penalty: Disqualification for Race 1 & 2.

Joao Gabriel (3.50)

Log: Race 1 Not Sent / Race 2 Clean
Penalty: Disqualification for Race 1.

Miroslav Davidovic (3.25)

Last edited:
Incidents

Before going straight to the incidents verdicts take into account that there has been some rule changes this year regarding the penalty system and it may seem that penalties are harsher than previous years.

This year with the introduction of the Safety Rating value every driver gets 0.25 SR for a clean race (2 Races per Weekend).
That means that if a driver has a penalty of 1.5 penalty points he will be able to recover those penalty points doing 6 clean races (3 Race Weekends) while the previous years the driver had to do 5 consecutive clean races (5 Weekends) in order to “erase” his penalty points.

Incident #1
Driver(s) Involved Mark Johnston, Alex Diaz
Lap/Replay Time Q1/Johnston's lap 6/ 0:40-0:46
Protest Description After exiting from boxes Johnston skips first corner overtaking Diaz and having now a better position with fresh air.
Verdict: Unsportsmanlike conduct. Official Warning for Johnston and loss of Safety Rating bonus for first race.

Incident #2
Driver(s) Involved Martin Hodas, Alex Diaz
Lap/Replay Time Race 1, Lap 1, exit of T8
Protest Description: Diaz is leaves no space for Hodas on the exit causing contact and a loss of 6 positions.
Verdict: Intent was not there to leave no space. Rules 16.1 Kerbs are part of the track, between the space on track and the kerbs Hodas had enough room. Also attacker must make sure no contact. Racing Incident.

Incident #3
Driver(s) Involved Michi Hoyer, Chris de Jong
Lap/Replay Time Lap 23 (24) 0:10min
Protest Description: After Turn 1 De Jong hits Hoyer in the back causing both cars to spin.
Verdict: De Jong gets on the throttle with worn tires and semi looses control and making contact with Hoyer. Racing Incident.

Incident #4
Driver(s) Involved Michi Hoyer, Chris de Jong
Lap/Replay Time Lap 25 0:09min
Protest Description: Dangerous driving in the pits - not driving in fast lane.
Verdict: No rules on which lane must be used though lets use some common sense and if you are exiting the pit box and it is safe to do so please use the fast lane. No further action.

Incident #5
Driver(s) Involved Mark Johnston, Armando Morra
Lap/Replay Time Race 2 Lap 1 0:57 min
Protest Description: Morra closed up on Johnston, braking to late. So he hit him in the back and caused suspension damage. - causing a collision
Verdict: Morra misjudged the speed others were taking into the corner and caused the collision. Attackers must not cause contact. 0.5 Penalty Points for Morra.

Incident #6
Driver(s) Involved Mark Johnston, Alvaro Torres
Lap/Replay Time Race 2 Lap 2 0:08 min
Protest Description: Torres was passing Johnston by touching him in order to get the space required for the overtaking - passing with contact
Verdict: Johnston turned in before Torres, Torres broke at a reasonable spot, and both drivers left reasonable amount of room on entry and exit. Contact was not intended. Racing incident.

Incident #7
Driver(s) Involved: Michi Hoyer, Chris de Jong
Lap/Replay Time: Race 2 Lap 2 0:07
Protest Description: Chris de Jong tried to out brake Hoyer at the end of the mainstraight with almost no chance of overtaking - causing a collision.
Verdict: De Jong closes to quickly on Hoyer causing a collision. 0.5 Penalty Points for De Jong.

Incident #8
Driver(s) Involved: Michi Hoyer, Danny van der Niet
Lap/Replay Time: Race 2 Lap 2 Turn 3
Protest Description: Hoyer returned on the track and expected van de Niet. Hoyer made contact and both spun.
Verdict: Van der Niet, from my perspective, could not see Hoyer in his mirrors. His trajectory was already chosen. Also, 1.5 in Online Ettiquette, Only rejoin after checking it is clear. 0.5 Penalty Points for Hoyer.

Incident #9
Driver(s) Involved: Michi Hoyer, Danny van der Niet
Lap/Replay Time: Race 2 Lap 2 Turn 4
Protest Description: Van der Niet took crashed into Hoyer in turn 4. Suspected malicious driving as revenge for T3 accident.
Verdict: Van der Niet had no front wing and locked up the brakes, causing a collision with Hoyer. Malicious driving is questionable, though he should have known not to dive bomb with condition of his car. 1.0 Penalty points for van der Niet.

Incident #10
Driver(s) Involved: Mark Johnston, Gennaro Celiento
Lap/Replay Time Race 2 Lap 2 0:33 min
Protest Description: Celiento pushed the rear of Johnston at a place where overtaking isn't possible. He wasn't in a position to overtake as well. -Dissagree with Rule 7.1 of Content of Online Rules Supplement
Verdict: Celiento's front wing was beside Johnston's rear tire, causing the incident into the corner. Johnston may have not realized he was that close as it was just the tip of the wing. Racing Incident.

Incident #11
Driver(s) Involved Michi Hoyer, Gennaro Celiento
Lap/Replay Time Race 2 Lap 11 0:20min
Protest Description: Celiento gave Hoyer no place for turning into the corner although his car was entirely beside Hoyer's
Verdict: Both drivers must give each other room into the corner per 7.1 Right of way in Bends. Celiento did not give room. 0.5 Penalty Points for Celiento.

Incident #12
Driver(s) Involved Martin Hodas, Alvaro Torres
Lap/Replay Time Race 2, Lap 12, T 12
Protest Description After a mistake by Martin, Torres overtakes around the outside, but cuts across on Martin causing a crash and a lost front wing to Martin.
Verdict: Torres maintains his trajectory and leaves Martin enough room. Martin closes the gap and causes collision. Martin has full control over his car at this point. 0.5 Penalty Points for Martin.

Incident #13
Driver(s) Involved Martin Hodas, Mark Johnston
Lap/Replay Time Race 2, Lap 14, T 11
Protest Description Martin moves alongside during the braking zone for T11 and is slightly ahead, Johnston turns into the corner ignoring the car alongside him causing contact and a spin for Martin.
Verdict: Both drivers must give each other room into the corner per 7.1 Right of way in Bends. Johnston did not give room. 0.5 Penalty Points for Johnston.

Incident #14
Driver(s) Involved Mark Johnston, Martin Hodas
Lap/Replay Time Race 2 Lap 16 0:45
Protest Description: Hodas was too optimistic i.o. to try an overtaking maneuver. He was not in a position to overtake considering the Rule no 7.1 of Content of Online Rules Supplment. -Disagree with Rule 7.1 of Content of Online Rules Supplement.
Verdict: Neither driver had control of their car nor had a reasonable trajectory when entering into the corner. Hodas outbroke himself and Johnston's trajectory would have him cut the corner. Racing Incident.

Last edited:
Ok, what can I say... :) cos of Diaz carelessness my race was destroyed. I had no reason to get on kerb, because Diaz had a lot of space for his exit and then he comes from blind angle and I had no chance to avoid it already. Ok, I accept way how it is described in rules - but in reality it means, that I have to go on kerb in first lap with cold tyres and risk spin in front of 10 another cars, just for case that somebody want whole track for his exit ;)

Doesnt matter, but what matter is loss of 0.75 point for no reason. Torres destroyed my 2nd race with his clumsiness and I get penalty point?
I know I did mistake in corner. But when I have seen no chance to defend it, I just hold the line and wanted let him pass. Look at this - he had 3/4 of track to pass around safety, cos I was too slow anyway:
ogu1.jpg

But he tried pass too close next to me and made a contact. I lost front wing and whole race, and he then caused another collision during rejoining track dangerously (Teil was lucky that he was able to continue).
06vg.jpg

Anyway, result is that I lost 0.5 + 0.25 point. So I want only one thing. Answer me - what I have to do next time, if Ill be in similar situation? Let him not 75% of track, but 90%, or move out of track?
I trust I dont need these lost points in rest of season, but with all due respect for me it looks like unfair decission.

Ok, what can I say... :) cos of Diaz carelessness my race was destroyed. I had no reason to get on kerb, because Diaz had a lot of space for his exit and then he comes from blind angle and I had no chance to avoid it already. Ok, I accept way how it is described in rules - but in reality it means, that I have to go on kerb in first lap with cold tyres and risk spin in front of 10 another cars, just for case that somebody want whole track for his exit ;)

Doesnt matter, but what matter is loss of 0.75 point for no reason. Torres destroyed my 2nd race with his clumsiness and I get penalty point?
I know I did mistake in corner. But when I have seen no chance to defend it, I just hold the line and wanted let him pass. Look at this - he had 3/4 of track to pass around safety, cos I was too slow anyway:
ogu1.jpg

But he tried pass too close next to me and made a contact. I lost front wing and whole race, and he then caused another collision during rejoining track dangerously (Teil was lucky that he was able to continue).
06vg.jpg

Anyway, result is that I lost 0.5 + 0.25 point. So I want only one thing. Answer me - what I have to do next time, if Ill be in similar situation? Let him not 75% of track, but 90%, or move out of track?
I trust I dont need these lost points in rest of season, but with all due respect for me it looks like unfair decission.
I prefer don't say all I would like to say to not warm the atmosphere more.

Reading your description of Alex incident and mine, I recommend you that you should consider more the action and not the consequences or what happened before and later. I also spun but I was lucky of not break my whole front wing but it has not relevance to value the incident.

I agree with you that is a stupid contact, both have some of the blame or could avoid the touch in one way or another, then I decided not to reclaim you. You didn't think the same and you did it, now accept it. Maybe the clumsiness was yours doing that.

Last edited:

ogu1.jpg

06vg.jpg

Similar decision was taken in the WC race. It seems you need to get off track when someone overtakes you around thr outside so they can use the racing line.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 373 16.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 256 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 304 13.1%