AC Race #1 Back to the Sixties@Bridgehampton, Tuesday 7th September 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

HF2000

Thou shall not pass!!!
Staff
Premium
Alfa_Romeo_GTA_Junior_Autodelta_Corsa_%281968%29_Solitude_Revival_2019_IMG_1751.jpg

1045961.jpg

Welcome to the RD Racing Club.

This week the first event of the Back to the Sixties Vintage Car Championship.
We start with Bridgehampton, New York, USA. Bridgehampton was renowned as a fearsome course, requiring the utmost of driver skill not in the least because going off track means loosing a lot of time in the sand dunes.

Bridgehampton1957.46e1c22a6c1bfb7583e876a0c7b75d15.png

Server information:
  • Practice Server: #02 (Available throughout the race week, search for 'racedepart' to find it)
  • Race server: S.GP
  • 20:00 CEST, 19:00 BST (18:00 UTC) | 1 hour 15 minutes - Official Practice
  • 21:20 CEST, 20:20 BST (19:20 UTC) | 20 minutes - Qualification
  • 21:40 CEST, 20:40 BST (19:40 UTC) | 40 minutes - Race

Event details:
  • Cars: Alfa Romeo GTA/Porsche 718 RS60 Spyder
  • Track: Bridgehampton, USA
  • Pit stop: Not mandatory
  • Race condition: see Event Configuration on S.GP
  • Damage: 10%
  • Further info on simracing.gp

Useful Links:

Entry list:

Last edited:
A message to all Drivers,

If you run off track, you have to check to see that its clear before you re enter the track. Do not just keep the gas pinned and pull back on track.

When entering the track from the pits, stay off the racing line until you are up to speed. Do not race on your out lap, let other drivers by. On re-entering the track stay off the racing line until you are up to race speed and do not block any fast approaching car.

Golden Rule
  1. If you hit somebody off the track and carry on like nothing happened, you take the risk of being banned for 30 days.
  2. Instead, you should always wait for the affected drivers, and that way you can be 100% sure you will not get a ban.
Track limits
  1. No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a lift of the gas please.
    You will be penalized if you break our rules
Note: Please use your full real name in Discord. Not doing so may result in you being kicked from the server if an admin cannot identify you as a premium

I admire you that you can stomach the steering of the Alfa.
I really like the old Alfas and would add one to my collection, ( if I could afford one :cry:)

But this example feels like 15° steering play, at least for me.

I´ll try some more with the pork ( is that short for "understeering pig"??) and if I can convince it to turn in when I want it to I´ll register with it. Havn´t met a car yet that resisted turn in to this degree.

MFG Carsten

Last edited:
I really like the old Alfas and would add one to my collection, ( if I could afford one :cry:)

I´ll try some more with the pork ( is that short for "understeering pig"??) and if I can convince it to turn in when I want it to I´ll register with it. Havn´t met a car yet that resisted turn in to this degree.

MFG Carsten
Hi Carsten, the championship is fully booked now. However, there are three participants that might not have premium so it can be that there will be some spots free. Let me know asap if you want to join. Then I'll add you myself as soon there's a spot free.

MFG Carsten

I agree on the turn in understeer but I found out that once you point it where you want it you can apply som throttle to really get it to rotate and get a good exit. Everytime I try the Porsche I end up drifting instead of racing :roflmao:

I agree on the turn in understeer but I found out that once you point it where you want it you can apply som throttle to really get it to rotate and get a good exit. Everytime I try the Porsche I end up drifting instead of racing :roflmao:
When I tested these cars for the championship (Bremgarten), I was initially a few seconds slower with the 718. But by changing my approach to the corners so that there is only a little drift, the lap times dropped quickly to within 0.5 seconds of the Alfa.

So I think the Porsche is probably the fastest of the two cars when driven this way. Another thing I noticed is that the gear setting is very important on the 718. That probably has to do with the previous point.

I haven't experimented with camber or toe to make it more controllable. Frankly, I still don't know how to do that.

I also like the Alfa, but the Porsche somehow stole my heart. I am very happy that we now have a balanced field in numbers of these cars.

I spent a lot of time (testing) in selecting 5 circuits where the advantage of the cars is evenly distributed over the championship. I hope that turns out to be true so we can have an exciting competition to the end.

Some frontrunners have chosen the GTA and others the 718. I am very curious how it will turn out.

Anyone else had a similar issue with these cars.

I can run the 718 in a private practice session but get the following crash on the practice server...

Screenshot 2021-09-01 120723.png

with this explanation...

Screenshot 2021-09-01 120741.png

I get the same issue with the GTA either in a private practice or the server.

I can't run the GTA on any circuit so I don't think it's a circuit issue.

I've tried a reboot but no luck.

I've tried running it directly in AC and bypassing CM - again no luck

I really don't want to to a reinstall of AC as I don't want to lose all my settings.

Anyone else had a similar issue with these cars.

I can run the 718 in a private practice session but get the following crash on the practice server...

View attachment 499979

with this explanation...

View attachment 499980

I get the same issue with the GTA either in a private practice or the server.

I can't run the GTA on any circuit so I don't think it's a circuit issue.

I've tried a reboot but no luck.

I've tried running it directly in AC and bypassing CM - again no luck

I really don't want to to a reinstall of AC as I don't want to lose all my settings.
I had no sound with the GTA first. I deleted the car file and let Steam do a consistency check. The car files are loaded then. That worked for me.

I had no sound with the GTA first. I deleted the car file and let Steam do a consistency check. The car files are loaded then. That worked for me.
By a process of elimination I've found it was due to a CSP setting. Switching "Use interior masking" off fixed both cars.

I was using CSP 1.71 but I still have the same problem with 1.60 and any other version I tried. Weird!

Screenshot 2021-09-01 130418.png

By a process of elimination I've found it was due to a CSP setting. Switching "Use interior masking" off fixed both cars.

I was using CSP 1.71 but I still have the same problem with 1.60 and any other version I tried. Weird!

View attachment 499985
Maybe that's also my problem with 1.60. I've gone back to 1.46 for that. I will see if I've checked it also.

Oh no!!! I just clarified with my government at home, that I'm able to sign up for all races and wanted to do so this evening. Didn't expect it to be filled up so quickly and missed to have a look at SGP earlier. :-(

However I'll practice for it and keep an eye open, if a spot gets available again.
Hi Reik,

There are three participants for whom I still have to get proof whether they have premium. I sent them an 'ultimatum' with deadline before Saturday. If they haven't posted in the Championship thread by then, I'll delete them.

I can then add you first on the list. What is your car choice?

EDIT: I am also amazed that this championship is so popular. But I think that's beautiful!

Last edited:
Hi Reik,

There are three participants for whom I still have to get proof whether they have premium. I sent them an 'ultimatum' with deadline before Saturday. If they haven't posted in the Championship thread by then, I'll delete them.

I can then add you first on the list. What is your car choice?

EDIT: I am also amazed that this championship is so popular. But I think that's beautiful!
Great one mate. I so much appreciate how you care about everything.

If possible, I'd take the Alfa please (a rarely chosen color).

If nothing very unexpected turns up, I'd be in for all events, so if I could, I'd sign up to all of them right now.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 102 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 184 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 362 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 503 39.0%