Race #09, Italy: Post-Race Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Q1 was very nice.
Q2 was totally awsome, couldn't have been better!!!

I had a suprisingly good start and i only lost my wing end plate in t1. Then before t4 everyone was gone! Then before lesmo 2 everyone was back. Ascari was a bit boring driving on my own again. I was hoping for a bit more entertainment but the game didn't want me to drive the remaining 52,5 laps.:unsure:

Q1 - Totally failed in my attempts to get some proper time - p11

Race - Started well from the clean side of the track, the train from outside had more luck and I managed to win 2 positions. I decided to start with the primes and that was a good call I think, I tried to hold behind Petar and Bono, cuz I knew we're on same strategy. Softs behaved really bad since practice so didn't have much test with them and obviously I was slower than others. In lap 9 at T1 I braked late and the lower number engine brake map half-spun me, went in the gravel and lost 6-7 sec and 3 positions. I pushed as I could and made my first stop little bit later than it was planned in 17th lap. I putted options and I knew guys infront are with primes so I could doing 1 sec faster laps than them. I managed to improve my position to 6th till lap 30-31, then one of my attempts to overtake Jack again in T1 I outbraked myself the car slided and was going to hit him, I reacted and met the bloody curb. Damaged suspension and front wing lost 19 sec in the pit and came out 14th. I knew there might be some othere DNF's so I continued pushing to the limit. I had to do 22 laps with SuperSoft so that was really good challenge for me. Few laps to the finnish I catch Eros who pitted after me, but I think he wear his tires worse than me and only 2-3 laps to the final I was 0.5-1.0 sec faster. I tried from inside at Ascari, but I stopped late and missed the apex, then at last Ascari he lost control and I had to lift up the throttle but unfortunately I was hitted behind from Petar and behind John-Eric so we made good carnage lol. After than I had even worse suspension damage what I had already, tires behaved really bad after 22 laps I had 40% wear at FL and 25% RL, so you can imagine what fuc*ing oversteer I had in right hander corners. After few mistakes, Petar closed to me before Parabolica and he attacked me from inside, I was very coutious to not spin and accelerate really slow, so he managed to beat me with some 0.020. After Carlos' penalty I finnished on the disappointing p10, where for I don't know what time this season I had chance for top 5 or even better.

Really disappointed weekend for us, that was one of my favourite tracks so this makes my sadness even worse, but yeah, that's is part from racing. Grats to Ivar, Morgan and Bono for the great pace what you've shown to us. Cheers.

Last edited:
Qualifying didn't go very well I'm afraid - didn't get anywhere near enough out of the car as I should have done so started P8.

The race started well and I made 2 positions on lap one and was running behind Carlos and Patrick, but I then made two slight mistakes on the exit of Parabolica which cost me a position each time to Petar and then Jernej, then things got worse when I got caught up in Patrick and Petar's fight at the chicane and in the melee I lost part of the front wing which didnt really help much either.

Once onto the prime tyres I seemed to have decent pace and kept the gaps pretty constant to the guys ahead and actually picked up a couple of spots due to the unforgiving kerbs and runoffs giving others grief and once the strategies became clearer my 2 stop looked like a good call and so once onto the option tyres on my last stop things looked really good for a top 5 with some luck. Unfortunately I had an incident with Alvarro in T1 and we got hooked on the kerb like Martin and got a lot of damage to the suspension which really slowed the pace down and allowed Jernej and David to close in near the end and we had a pretty good scrap for 5th - Jernej was a fair bit quicker but I just managed to keep ahead and eventually he made a little mistake out of Lesmo 2 which dropped him back behind David so I breathed a little easier on the last lap and came home P5 I thought only to find no Carlos ahead so P4 at the line, probably the best 4th spot I've ever had and certainly my best recovery drive.

Last edited:
Good afternoon...

I just found out other people where victim from my disconnection as well! I heard there was a protest, which involved both Jim Parisis, Dino Paolini and me. When looking at the first lap on the broadcast and hearing about a huge crash at the back of the grid i went looking at the replay.
I see that i basically run through the back of Jim and Dino, who then both flew into the air. I dont know how much damage Jim got from it, but Dino lost his rear wing. Im sorry that this happened, but in the middle of the braking zone before t4 everyone disappeared for me so i couldn't do anything about it. The lag is clearly visible on the replay and right after t5 my car goes into the pit box. It's the same as with Kolarec in Germany who couldn't see anyone and just run everybody of the track.

I didn't want anything of this to happen either, as i had some awsome pace on this track:thumbsdown:

I have to say as well, that it's very weird how people can run through each other without something happening, with a high ping. And when people suffer a disconnection they don't see anyone, but still run anybody of the track who is within his path.

Cheers!

I was watching the broadcast and tbh its impossible to watch it in a pleasing quality. 720p is buffering every lap for a few seconds or more and 480k look like crap :( Maybe you should increase the ingame details aswell, if not already done. The game looks way better than you offer your viewers :). There is definately room for improvement. All in all i enjoy watching the race for outside :)

Mod edit: removed

Content that is false, harassing, or offensive is not permitted at our site. Our staff will remove these items as soon as possible and will take appropriate actions against the poster.
Discussions and content centred around race, nationality, religion, cultures or belief systems is not permitted. This content can be sensitive for some users and therefore will be removed and appropriate action taken against the poster.

I was watching the broadcast and tbh its impossible to watch it in a pleasing quality. 720p is buffering every lap for a few seconds or more and 480k look like crap :( Maybe you should increase the ingame details aswell, if not already done. The game looks way better than you offer your viewers :). There is definately room for improvement. All in all i enjoy watching the race for outside :)

Youtube was stuttering for everyone yesterday, it was a technical problem. And regarding quality, this is probably the highest quality Youtube offers.

I would need to read your mind considering the variety of official SA languages. So indeed I don't know that, but based on your expression I assumed fairly correctly, if not totally correctly. Either way what is your issue, go somewhere else. You are not here for your skill are you, so what are you here for then. Trolling? Gotta learn from the best then cos you are not there quite.

I would need to read your mind considering the variety of official SA languages. So indeed I don't know that, but based on your expression I assumed fairly correctly, if not totally correctly. Either way what is your issue, go somewhere else. You are not here for your skill are you, so what are you here for then. Trolling? Gotta learn from the best then cos you are not there quite.

You assumed incorrectly, as usual.

But by the way, why are YOU here? I'm a racer here who does it for the love of racing. No idea why you're here, but seemingly it's for the hate of racing.

I've never ever seen you making any positive contributions on this site whatsoever. Thus, you're not the one who's supposed to be asking questions here.

By the way, a certain Dutchman says he'll see you on the 6th of October, for your 27th - happy birthday. He will see you at U Svateho Vaclava. ;)

ondrej.jpg

By the way, a certain Dutchman says he'll see you on the 6th of October, for your 27th - happy birthday. He will see you at U Svateho Vaclava. ;)
well, to this moment I was trying to understand, why you showed this pic here. Only "logical" explanation is, that you see Ondrej as a superhero, who hides his face. (And now you betray him! :roflmao: )

No other reason to do this. And according to what is written in his articles about some weird people in FSR, I wouldnt be surprised if im right, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back