Race #09, Belgium (2): Race Briefing

Qual: a dramatic qual for me, as with 1.46.9 i was able to touch the first row, but in q1 after preq, i loaded wrong setup, resulting me loosing stability and a bad time...
Race: well, a fantastic start for me, from 22th to 13th, but Eric close me the door, loosing control and avoid crash, and i lost 15secs, i get back, due to my warm tyres, after some laps and sector 1, i lost left corner, i just touch the barriers, and suddenly a big bug show me flying to the air, and spinning all the time, resulting showing me DQ... to bad cause i had sure points

lol in the one place where i knew it wouldn't take any mistakes (after t8), i made that exact mistake which i thought i had sorted out 1,5 weeks ago. Something good to take from these two weeks: i should be up to speed again even if the top dudes except Aalberts weren't racing today.

Chris did good, gained 8 positions in the first 4 laps, crashed in 12th. I'd like to dedicate this race to Tuomas Koriala, who compared us to Marussia, and if you mean marussia as in you being lapped by one of our cars, then I guess your right.

Very unlucky race for me once again, it was just 9 laps to go and I crashed in Eau Rouge and engine stalled...finished 15th. The first 3 laps were a pain, as I pitted every one of them. I guess I'll never finish a single damn race.

Anyways, congrats for Franz keeping his head cool through the race and finishing 6th :)

super race 50 meters and I go through the track ....

Hahaha :laugh: I feel really sorry for Martial after watching that video, but it made me laugh so much!

Well, started off ok, couldn't see the lights at all, so had to watch other cars. Tuomas (I think) jump started but luckily my reactions weren't fast enough to do the same. When I saw Chris go I went too, heading towards the outside from Tuomas' slow start. Sadly though, I thought he was slightly further behind and clipped his front right wheel with my back wheel, causing him to spin (I think, still yet to see the replay), but I managed to just run wide and keep running with slight damage. Sorry!

Lap 7 and 11 I think it was I had 2 HUGE lag spikes, no idea what caused that but luckily my car didn't move during those moments and I could carry on racing. Exiting the pitlane after my first pitstop put me right alongside our rival team's Chris de Jong, but i held off and let him lead into Eau Rouge, knowing I'l get a slip stream, we battled for a few laps before he sadly crashed out :( We were on for a nice race battle aswell.

After that I held my pace and just took it my own speed, finishing in a trusty 12th place, which for my setups and my experience, I'm very happy with.

Hahaha :laugh: I feel really sorry for Martial after watching that video, but it made me laugh so much!

Well, started off ok, couldn't see the lights at all, so had to watch other cars. Tuomas (I think) jump started but luckily my reactions weren't fast enough to do the same. When I saw Chris go I went too, heading towards the outside from Tuomas' slow start. Sadly though, I thought he was slightly further behind and clipped his front right wheel with my back wheel, causing him to spin (I think, still yet to see the replay), but I managed to just run wide and keep running with slight damage. Sorry!

Lap 7 and 11 I think it was I had 2 HUGE lag spikes, no idea what caused that but luckily my car didn't move during those moments and I could carry on racing. Exiting the pitlane after my first pitstop put me right alongside our rival team's Chris de Jong, but i held off and let him lead into Eau Rouge, knowing I'l get a slip stream, we battled for a few laps before he sadly crashed out :( We were on for a nice race battle aswell.

After that I held my pace and just took it my own speed, finishing in a trusty 12th place, which for my setups and my experience, I'm very happy with.

It was indeed me who jump started. This was because I had some problems with the LC, I'm not quite sure what happened, but the car left the grid way too early! I think I accidentally let off the button.

Well would have been a 2. place finish maybe ... but someone came back on the track (a backmarker) and I could have survived it but well missed corner because of that .. hit kerb .. then wall .. well just 5 place -_- ... and I heared a big bang in first corner... wtf :/

Well, started off ok, couldn't see the lights at all, so had to watch other cars.

You were kind of distracting me at the start, you were constantly rolling backwards after stopping so i thought sure you have to correct this before the lights can go, but the race started anyways with me reacting very late.

My race was over after eau rouge, I managed to avoid the t1 crash, but then i had to do a quick reaction to not hit Martials car in the wall (i think) thanks to that someone got very close infront into eau rouge and i managed what didn´t happen once in testing, hit the inside curb and spun off.

**** happens, at least i kept my top 10 in the championship.

You were kind of distracting me at the start, you were constantly rolling backwards after stopping

Yep. I was getting annoyed at the fact I was rolling backwards too, having to keep pressing brake but I didn't hold it down incase the lights went out. It turns out that I've been using the launch control wrong all this time!

Usually, I rev up in neutral, then press launch control and that's it, works the same, but it made me roll backwards on the grid whilst in neutral, it was only until after the race someone said to me that you need to hold it down, then release it.

That's the reason I was rolling backwards, just tested it out in a quick session on my own, so I will know for future :) Sorry about this, least I now know how to not roll backwards on the grid now! ;)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back