Race #08, Spain: Post-Race Discussion

Short race yet again...

At least I got around the formation lap this time...

Don't understand why I stalled it, did practice on starting for the last few hours before I joined the server and did the same thing I've done everytime there and I still stalled it.

Oh well, better get even more practice done on it I guess.

Hope you guys has a good race and I'll enjoy the broadcast while I curse myself.

Cheers

great to be in q2 again:)!!!

My q2 lap was really bad had enough pace for a top 5 after q2 but i messed it a bit then in race start was ok but mayhem and had to take avoiding actions and run wide as my new teammate was also making a move on the inside.....

Then i passed Peter Varga
Maybe a bit agreesive but it was pretty clean from my vieuw

Then trying to make the most out of my 4 stop strategy
Seemed Disley was on a 5 stopper which i passed
Then i was 6th trying to push Baldi for 5th then 4 laps to go left front and left rear starting to fail trying to get it to the fininsh and i managed to do so
And in the end i was 8th still points not what i wanted but it are points

See ya at Spa"

from gpcos:
qual.. 13th.. well not that bad because I simply didnt find the right setup for 1 lap.

race: I had a great start.. I move up fromt 13th to 9th.. after the second corner i was next to maybe masculli but he slowly started to move on me.. maybe he didn't see i was there but i think this was mistake from him... so i switched to the inside before T3.. And then was the the big crash..

I honestly dont know what really happened there.. It really looks like I simply didnt brake in time.. but the atr car braked so early.. and i was so close i just didnt avaoid him. He started to brake way before the 50 sign.. ( on fast lap.. i usually brake after that sign there.. I know it was first lap, but anyway that was too early) Anyway I hit him, and he hit 2 another car.. Really Sorry for that.. this was the first time I get in trouble in first lap.. hopefully the last.. After this incident my car was heavly damaged.. and the other 56 laps was all about fighting the car to make some fast laps.. I did some 1.37 lap.. but I felt like it was a Qual lap I pushed so hard.. at first I saw some chance to score some point, but slowly it came clear others are simply faster than me.. my car is just simply was not enough.. I tried to fight against the others.. but for example in the straights instead of 302 top speed i had only 296.. or something like that.. I tried everything but it was still not enough.. it is the worst feeling :(.

for highlights:
lap 1 .. T3 .. big crash
lap 10 .. I had a pretty beautiful overtake against Marconi
I also had a good fight against Saxen he overtook me at the pit entry.. ( I didn't know we can use the yellow field :/ ).. but after I overtook him back :)

Q1 : I made 2 attempts with Q1 setup. 1.35.0, enough to be in Q2

Q2 : i wait a long time before doing my Q2 lap. So i didn't push the car to the limit.. 1.35.9.

Race : I made a very good start. Very good reaction time + awesome traction and i was 1.6s in front of Keithley after lap 1.
I pushed the car in the 2 first stints. When i saw my followers are on 5 stops, i decreased the pace to be with the same pace as them in order to preserve the car and the brakes.
After it was a boring race... just sometimes i increased pace to be still awake.
Anyway. GJ for Tali and Keithley

Good result for GS team :) a good race from my teammate starting in the last and finishing in points
I have a little chance now to make some suspense in the championship because Huis did not score

Q: It was quite OK, P8 in Q1, and P7 in Q2, i thought i won't be in the top 10, so it was better than i expected.
R: Good start, i moved up to 5th. When Tali passed Lapchin, i passed him too, so i was 4th, but the others was on 4 stops, and i was on 5 stops, so at the end, i had to fight hard. In the middle of the race, nothing interesting happened with me, 10 laps before the end, at the last stop, i came in the same lap, as Mikkonen, and i passed him in the pit lane, it was very close. In the last laps, i tried to catch Lapchin, but my brakes started to die, so i didn't push as hard as i could, i just wanted to bring home the car. P5, not bad at all, because it was a very bad track for me, maybe in Spa, it'll be better.
Thanks for the team, the car was absolutely right, and thanks for Zsolt Nagy, he helped me again during the race.
See you in Spa!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 358 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 253 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 244 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 179 7.8%
  • < 5 years