Race #08, Hungary: Post-Race Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
First of all, I could not see the race, so I do not know exactly what happened. In my opinion, I think we are creating too much fuss with all this, I do not know if Patrick did it intentionally or not, but I think not finishing the race is enough punishment for him, and honestly, I do not see reason to do it intentionally. If he was a new driver or a driver with bad pace could still be, but I think Patrick does not need those things.

And another thing, do not compare Tacitus with Patrick, I think that's demagoguery. One is a cheat, the other simply loaded the wrong setup, intentionally or not. There is a big difference.

Anyway the commissioners will decide.

A greeting!

david you talk so much about ruining races, i remember my first race SPA last year when there where 5 minutes to go in warm up, someone said brb toilet ( since we still had 5 minutes ) you started anyway because "we where late on scedule" u dont give 2 shts about ones race being destroyed.

It is quite lame to come up with such comments just to defend a team mate, despite knowing you are totally wrong.

Also you are the least indicated to talk about me and about not giving a ****, since I spent quite a lof of time last year talking with you when you wanted to join FSR, replying to all your questions on Skype and so.

picard-facepalm-meme-4chan-lol-wtf.jpg

in f1 its forbidden to do so but if there isnt a rule here that says its not allowed to start a race knowing you cant finish duo fuel consumption than you guys should learn from this and create a rule so it never happens again, punishing someone for something that has not been mentioned is something only a nutter would do even in a situation like this. To get back to gosbee in silverstone, i think any outside spectator would have been like :/ seeing that finish and any outside spectator in the hungarian gp would have rather be like :o I rather feel betrayed as a spectator seeing a driver pull over to let another take the victory than someone who just wants to have a fun race for half distance. Still as Kunkel said its the drivers decesions but again if there isnt a rule you cant start with zero fuel than please stop pointing fingers and change the rulebook.

So in your eyes, there should also be a rule that states that you're not allowed to drive the track in reverse ? Come one man lmao ... there's something called common sense, and clearly you've got none.

common sense we talk about canada where i am actually forced into the battle with morand and huis wile i was not trying to do this but they fight and i came in between then the admin tells me this is wrong!! point 1

while there was nothing wrong still penalty whatever

And now we get a talk about disrespect and stuff
I will handle this over to Ernesto as clearly were dealing with little kids again

Give me back my lollypop mweeee

see h
So in your eyes, there should also be a rule that states that you're not allowed to drive the track in reverse ? Come one man lmao ... there's something called common sense, and clearly you've got none.
Jeffrey, better post more facebook/skype messages and flames and beat us to the ground with words, i did not expect you to be this profesional, i have much to learn :(

see h

Jeffrey, better post more facebook/skype messages and flames and beat us to the ground with words, i did not expect you to be this profesional, i have much to learn :(

Beat you to the ground with words right. The only thing I did, was telling Patrick that he's a retard at facebook, considering what he has done. Now tell me what's wrong with that. The fun fact is though, that he apparently told you that, and you started flaming me at skype, as if he can't defend himself lmfao.

And speaking of Ernesto, knowing he has certain standards and values, I fail to understand why he has people like you 2 in the team.

It is quite lame to come up with such comments just to defend a team mate, despite knowing you are totally wrong.

Also you are the least indicated to talk about me and about not giving a ****, since I spent quite a lof of time last year talking with you when you wanted to join FSR, replying to all your questions on Skype and so.
You guys are constantly talking about previous situation, im just showing you with that message to ville leppala like you should ask pre season testers oh wait it was YOU ville. or that spa last year pre start when someone wasnt there and u just started the race situations are not pro at all, we all make mistakes BUT if you drive backwards on a track, rfactor almost instantly black flags you, you guys banned someone for personal objections since its not in the rules. i mean in holland its illigal to sit naked in your own living room, as you all know im quite naked all the time so if i get arrested should i feel a victim? no since its the law. did patrick obey the rules of fsr? yes! Is there a specific rule that says one has a certain amount of fuel in the car to race? there is not.

I am not really sure how anyone can defend the actions of Patrick to be honest. You start the race with the wrong setup; fuel that will not make a full race distance and interfere with was a tremendous battle on track. Forget racing etiquette and regulations, where is the common sense and sportsmanlike conduct?

Why put other drivers, teams and give negative perspective of FSR just to put yourself at the front of a field you cannot even finish?

There is no basic logical reasoning behind it other than broadcast time. Patrick I regard you as a truly great sim racer but why did you resort to this yesterday? What was the reasoning behind it? You have not actually explained why you did it just tried to defend yourself from others.

Considering how professional and competitive FSR strives to be, you certainly made yourself and the league very amateurish yesterday.

yes ofc giving eachother just enough room etc. etc. i agree but etiquette to start a race with a certain amount of fuel? its not mentioned, change it and lock this thread :p

There is no such rule simply because its difficult to formulate it. Neither is there in F1. In F1 teams always start with less fuel than optimal to cover for a safety car situation. At some point of the race they have to save fuel. Now imagine that a driver retired on the last lap with fuel loss, he would get banned because a rule says that you must have enough fuel onboard to finish a race? It makes no sense, and neither does it make any sense to start a race with 100 L of fuel. Hence it's not in the rules and does not need to be, as a simple understanding of sportsmanship and online etiquette covers this.

There is no such rule simply because its difficult to formulate it. Neither is there in F1. In F1 teams always start with less fuel than optimal to cover for a safety car situation. At some point of the race they have to save fuel. Now imagine that a driver retired on the last lap with fuel loss, he would get banned because a rule says that you must have enough fuel onboard to finish a race? It makes no sense, and neither does it make any sense to start a race with 100 L of fuel. Hence it's not in the rules and does not need to be, as a simple understanding of sportsmanship and online etiquette covers this.
ehm Saxen there is a rule in f1 that says you cannot start the race with too less fuel that you cant finish the race. It's in the bible thick rules book also explained on formula1.com ( copyright bernie xd ) One thing that isnt able in f1 is to change your lateral but thats a different story.

I don't know why I'm wasting my time on an idiot like you (de jong), sorry I can't come up with a more suiting word, but taking certain sportsmanship out of this, do you think it is normal to intentionally start on low fuel, pass everyone and when you get bored of leading start interfering with race leaders? Changing their order and I am very sure it was gonna end up in a big crash, he was already ready to pass Bono, luckily at that moment he was kicked from the server. He would keep passing Bono, maybe Morand too, slow them down, or just slow Bono down and keep messing with the race lead until he would have to retire. I think if you don't admit this is completely wrong then you should serve the same penalty as de Wit as you are another potential threat in the future, not respecting any sort of common sense.

Another issue is the damage to FSR as Nick has just mentioned. This looks so bad from every angle, its potentially very tragic for FSR so hopefully those first 20 laps are somehow left out from the highlights at least. If I was a spectator I wouldn't watch such bs again. There can be controversies, drama and accidents, loved and hated drivers but all of that, if anything, helps FSR to stay interesting in my view, what happened yesterday is however something completely different. I hope you 2 are happy with yourselves.

no no watching a freaking broadcast thats a precision driver lets another win thats real logical right

whatever chance you guys get at putting a driver down succeed everytime
you guys get the league down not me
u show no respect and especially to some people u think your god
you are nothing just a simple manager that lives on team succes

no no watching a freaking broadcast thats a precision driver lets another win thats real logical right

Made me lol. PM is at the top for YEARS now, how can you call him a simple manager. He does a shitload for the team to perform every single race weekend. Enjoy your ban.

And what respect did you show to the league and their followers yesterday? Can you tell us what happened between your 1,21s on laps 14-15 (Bono and Morgan doing 1,24s...) and your slow pace on laps 18-19, when you were in front of the race leaders?

If you sucked because you were doing GT Academy, at least be a man and accept your slower-than-usual pace, or give your seat to another driver who is more prepared, but don't try fool us with this pathetic behaviour. Don't you understand that you can't fool anyone with a bit of common sense? Everything can be checked with replays, xml files, etc.

ehm Saxen there is a rule in f1 that says you cannot start the race with too less fuel that you cant finish the race. It's in the bible thick rules book also explained on formula1.com ( copyright bernie xd ) One thing that isnt able in f1 is to change your lateral but thats a different story.

I don't find any mention of a minimum starting fuel in F1 technical nor sporting regulations below, maybe you can enlighten me. As I said it's customary for teams in F1 to start with less fuel than they can finish, so drivers have to save fuel during the race by driving slower.

http://www.fia.com/sites/default/files/regulation/file/2013-F1-SPORTING-REGULATIONS-111212.pdf
http://www.fia.com/sites/default/files/regulation/file/2013-F1-TECHNICAL-REGULATIONS-111212.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 375 16.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 256 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%