Race #08, Hungary: Post-Race Checks

I don't wish to start any bs again, but I learnt that de Wit is unable to participate in the next race due to GT Academy Benelux final. If he advances, he will not be able to participate in the race after too, making his 2 race ban penalty essentially useless. Everyone can now make up their mind on whether they think his actions were intentional or not. It is even more obvious now. Hopefully those defending him will make a worthwhile realization.

Irrelevant historical fact: in 2010 in China, Canapino received a 1 race ban for taking out Bono from the race. FTS gladly accepted the penalty, knowing he can't drive the following race anyway, due to real racing. Basically the same happens now then.

Finally and most importantly, as this can be easily proven, I would like to request that his penalty is delayed, depending on his result in GT Academy, but for now the penalty should apply for rounds 10 and 11 (Valencia is 9).

Ron has answered you with the right words :)

I could not drive in wc in hungary, does this mean my ban will be moved as well? stop starting bs and deal with it. As we are sitting here with 5 fsr drivers we did not imagine to have a good free joke like this! tnx. i actually said to rob today that i thought ondrej would be a nice guy in the team with honest meaning but duo this statement i just read about moving penalties come on........

I could not drive in wc in hungary, does this mean my ban will be moved as well? stop starting bs and deal with it. As we are sitting here with 5 fsr drivers we did not imagine to have a good free joke like this! tnx. i actually said to rob today that i thought ondrej would be a nice guy in the team with honest meaning but duo this statement i just read about moving penalties come on........
he has a point.:coffee:

dude, after i read that comment today that you told the race ban should be moved that image was completely shattered :p its litterally hate in my opinion. What patrick did is out of question not the smartest move which is the most polite way i can tell about his actions but to move the penalty because he has a busy scedule the upcomming races... thats just a hatin hater that loves to hate

Well he knew he won't make the next race, maybe 2. Makes the decision a lot easier regarding his approach and his actions during race, doesn't it . That's the whole point. It is just common sense that is somewhat lacked these days. Anyway it is up to people to make up their own mind about his actions, I won't say anything else and I never really expected the ban to be moved anyway, but it was amusing to see some reactions yea.
ehm in all fairness the gt academy is next friday and will end saturday evening, even if patrick wins he will still be home saturday evening, like i said its pure hate you have. But is the same as no. I wanted to turn right BUT i turned left. i dont wanna make any bs but im gonna pick up a can of oil and trow it on the fire, just drop it mate, you obviously are the one with the most frustration out of this.

Even mr alwaysdefendoutside fatty here wouldn't do that, even if it meant he could take me out, which would give him more pleasure than his never ending beat off sessions, true story.
Hah. I'm a MAN, I know that's a foreign concept to you, but maybe one day you'll grow to be one (I doubt it, though). If you are trying to embarass me, think of something better.

Like if I were to try to embarass you (of the unlimited embarassing things that I know about you), I'd just need to post a hint about your "sessions", like this:

You would come out of it a very very different being than what you are considered by most people here. Now enough of this unless you want to continue?
Considering the fact that people here seem to think of me as a biased, random penalty giving jerkoff, it sounds like you would be doing me a favour.

But again you fail to think before you speak, considering all the information you volunteered over the 2 years that I had to deal with you. So if/when we go there, you know who'll end up worst.

I would be frustrated if he cost us a win most definitely. And if it is true what you said, then I was given slightly wrong info, apologies for that :). I don't hate him, but I think he shouldn't be allowed to participate in FSR yea. There is no way of knowing what he is gonna do next time, completely out of control.

Today we had a small "FSR" karting fun day at my home, starkenburg,vanderniet,DEWIT,vanderlinden,.kerkhof and myself where there and i believe that if the entire FSR would do a nice karting day together or whatever that would be the perfect solution for everyone. The tensions are way too high for obvious reasons and any wise person should see why that is. Everyone is right for their own reasons, we just need to find the right way trough the middle in order to race together with peace. I know for a reason that de Wit wont do this again and hopefully we wont get lunatic actions like that again, its also lunatic to report a certain red car all the time because he is agressivly defending HIS racing line. it's also lunatic from me how i crashed that guy who i dont remember the name of ( srry mate ) in WC nurburgring. The only thing that can fix these tensions is to get together a bit more, it sounds rediculous in a situation like this but im sure that there is just a tiny fragment remaining from the feeling you all had when you did your first couple of races here in FSR. From this day i wont troll u all anymore with trolling naked messages on the forum, ill keep those not funny anyway jokes in my team chat with my lasagnaloving boss but ill adapt a more profesional attitude on the forum, im not going to say what you all should do but im sick of this tension and i wont take part of it anymore even though i think something has to be said because its rediculous what someone said about any accident, ill just count to 10 and remember it wont help anyway, leave problems to the people who devote their own time for our pleasure and next to that respect eachother more and im saying this too myself in the first place, do whatever u want with it but if you look towards yourself and think i could show some more respect and be a little more profesional on the forum, feel free to join this statement.

Guys just like i said. I think everyone want to make his opinion, his view on penalties etc. Nothing wrong with it. But there is a time that it stops. And we go on, on what we do best. Thats giving our spectators a good race to watch.
We always have complainings about things when it doesn't go like u want, but do we really need to spit on each other in public? Little things can be said but when u want to go deeper into it pls talk about it in private and not like this.
When 2 teams and a race director have their opinions about a protest, we don't need 100 other opinions again.

I think we have talked to much about it. Just let it go, accept en go on.

We had quite sensible aero damage in the first part of the season (I wanted to make it more realistic by essentially not have suspensions bending, but only aero damage being applied), which resulted in people loosing 0,5s from small contacts, which sometimes affected the driver who got hit more then the driver who hit him, so ovbviously that´s not a solution, the same goes for making the frontwing fall off very easily, the way this damage model works can just cause unfair effects by resulting in damage for the wrong driver.

It´s also really difficult to test damage model changes properly as reproducing crashes is kind of difficult. I have done that hitting walls at different angles at constant speeds trying to fine tune it, but rF always brings some surprising results in actual multiplayer crashes.

At the moment there is hardly any laptime loss after even moderate contacts, which isn´t ideal either, but at least doesn´t cause any wrong damage. But if some people are interested and it looks like we are stuck with ISI for longer I would be interested to put some more time into it as a properly tuned damage model will improve the racing by a lot in both rF and rF2, there are still possibilities to make it more like a real formula car.

Well, I guess rF works with 'sensors' to track any kind of collision with other objects. Somehow I suppose these sensors have a certain sensitivity, which provides a cut-off 'force' before a part gets damaged. Would it be possible to have more sensitivity at the front compared to the rear of the car? This forces the driver doing the overtaking manouvre to be more careful. Of course the driver in front could do a 'brake test', but this can be tracked easily, and punished afterwards in a severe way.

And what about a real racing director on-track, deciding to give drivethrough penalties? This can easily be done in my opinion.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back