Race #08, Canada: Post-Race Discussion

@Dennis,
actually I didn´t want to point out our quality is much better, I just got fed up getting told our stream quality is so much worse then last year or so much worse then other streams on PSRTV. (anyways, you surely heard the same last year as some people just like to complain)

The decision to go with PSRTV was done by the whole administration before the season, and surely there often isn´t a perfect solution and compromises have to be made, but there have been good and valid reasons for the decision. For 2012 the situation has to be reviewed again and the President next year will again have reasons to decide for one or the other or even a third option.

@others
It wasn´t indeed just britain with problems, but an overall issue from PSRTV, we will find out what the reason for it was and if possible make sure it doesn´t happen again.

@Raino
sadly life doesn´t work like this and sometimes you just have to stay with a decision ;)

"happy again that i managed to get into q2 for the 3rd time this year
Although my lap was not good i still was in 8th a lot better then my past q performances this year

the start was good and went from 8th to 6th
was trying to defend from other people but we lacked topspeed bigtime again and i was a sitting duck
And again my soft tyres did not last a single stop while others could...
So had to stop 2 times again

Had some great battles with Nilson,Tali,Morris,Saxen,and in the end Melim he defended well nice job

7th place was the max or 6th today for me

see ya in Silverstone "

Dennis that is a great post, also i wasnt complaining Johanes last nmight i had had a tad bit of lagg like i said but nothing majour.. nothing to complian about..

Also Dennis back to yours that is so true.. the cars look like they slide round the track.. i would much rather have multi bc broadcast again which in my view was better as it looked more realistic when watching the cars.. the picture quality cant improve much more anyway because the game r factor is quite old now.. 480p is good enough which is what mukti bc is approx i think and thats fine.. im watching back the broadcasts from last year on multi bc and id much rather enjoyed watching them.. also Johanes you could drop it and go with mukti bc if you wanted just say your not happy with psrtv's coverage etc.. like an opt out contract ? i think it would benefit the league if we went back to multi bc.. but then again last year i screamed for psrtv to come back but i just cant believe how shocking the quality of the broadcast is... not FSR's fault of course..

MultiBC has vastly improved over the past few months too. It's used in other leagues here at RD and the broadcasts are fine. My main gripe with PSRTV is, like others have said, the flying cars. When you show it to people outside of FSR they always laugh when they see cars driving through one another and sliding around. Doesn't look too good from an outsider's perspective IMO.

Just watched broadcast there were some things missed like the strategys which was a shame.. it seemed the strategys were confused that some were on 2 some were on 1 lol.. need a spotter up there foryou guys to see whats going on.. or dont watch the same battle because you may miss things also if that was matt gray as 2nd commentator.. you sound alot like Cartman lol.. off south park, cheesy puffs lol

but then again last year i screamed for psrtv to come back but i just cant believe how shocking the quality of the broadcast is... not FSR's fault of course..

I think that says it all :) no matter what we do, some like it others don´t, and those who don´t always scream louder then the rest. Examples for this can be found more then enough over the last few years here.

It doesn´t work like just dumping a partner you made an agreement with, and it would cost FSR extra money. Plus changing to a new Broadcaster can again create problems, as we saw in the first Broadcasts last year and this year.

Well, to be honest i just watched it and it wasok, quite watchable obviosly the live stream must have been bad for people to complain but the replay itself was ok, tiny bit pixellated but not many floating cars etc lol and yes ou are correct for sure, some will always like some wont, im happy either way its nice to just have a broadcast some leagues dont ! its a shame there isnt a company out there who can make the best job it seems some have better things than others.. also i didnt mean just drop them, it was more an opt out clause.. like they dont fuffill your needs or something.. but i guess that isnt an option if they sort the live stream out

It's not the quality of the picture that was the issue, it may as well have been in HD. It was the streaming. It would be ok for a few minutes, then it would pause, restart, ok for a few minutes then pause for even longer. It continued like that until it got to a point where it was buffering more than it was streaming. It was the same for myself in the Uk & Patrick my engineer in Germany, as we were on TS watching at the same time.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 111 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 151 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 286 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 414 39.8%