Race #08, Canada: Post-Race Discussion

I'm extremely dissappointed right now. We were running great, would have had 4th place secured if it weren't for some drivers who can't realize when they are beaten.
I like tough racing, but there are limits which people with this much experience must know about.
This time we were really fast enough to get a great result by our own efforts, and it goes to the wastebin.

Consistent race after a bad qualifying (again). Was challenging Euler for eight when brakes failed with two laps to go, apparently that can happen as well... Hopefully Valencia is less consuming in that aspect or there will be some serious issues not only for me. Anyway 1 point and something to bring back from a difficult race.

Qualifying -

Was Realy realy happy with p5 on grid.. could have had 3rd if i had hooked up the final sector but 5th is a massive improvment and shows the kind of progress ash racing are making !

Race -

Once again i had little top speed which resulted in me loosing places to cars that were ultimatly slower than my pace.

decided to try a 2 stop when i hit the infamous wall of champions early in firs stint.. think i pitted on lap 22 i then aimed to get to lap 50 and stop again..

had some great battles with people mid race realy good to fight with them but it was always speed that ruined it !

de wit and me made contact mid race too but de wit has apologised and therefore we will not be protesting.. thanks to him for being honest and for a great battle late on in race !

happy to score points again but if i had rn less wing i could and should have been p4..

well done to hannel on his first fsr win and well done to greco for his twister efforts !

Thankyou to all Ash Racing for there efforts this last week or so.. realy good team we have going now !

From GPCOS:
Quali: 14.016, did 2 PB's during quali. Not too bad but I thought I could do better, P11.

Race:

It was very difficult to judge where to brake during the first few corners, I lost 1 or 2 positions but the main goal was to be safe with an undamaged car.

Had some nice battles during the race, one unfortunately ended in contact with Jaakko.

P7 in the end, decent points.

Congrats to Ronny and PMo.

From GPCOS:

Qualy: Crazy, I was P15 when I improved a little more than one tenth, and went to P5. P7 on the grid finally. Very happy. Luck plays a big role here, the field is so tight.

Race: Kept 7th at the start, then passed Prevot, Morris and Nilsson. to be P4. I let Nilsson go to save some boost in his slipstream as I knew I'd need it later. Let go Poniatowski also but surprisingly after my pitstop I rejoined ahead, and had the best tyres due to stopping rather late.
From then on it was about bringing it home, it got a bit close with Karol in the end. I think P5 was the max result, could have easily been worse with a worse qualy.
Had good fun!

Good win by Precision, congrats!

I experienced la in the first laps aswell. Was pretty hard to judge in the first corners, where the cars really were. For my WC races I can say that I did not had such a lag in Spain or in Turkey!

I had some lag problems as well quite impossible to make any sort of moves on anyone just tried to stay away from any car as they all lagged from my view. I have some 30mb connection and also ping seemed good so I dont think its my connection problem but I cant rule it out.
If this lag problem is connected to fsr server then I hope solutions will be found sooner rather than later and we could do some normal close battles again.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 86 7.5%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 167 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 321 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 452 39.2%