RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Theo de Bruin said:
Well... not a good evening for me... :frown:

Started race 2 at p.16. Got hit from behind by Ricky Willox on the start straight which was totally unnecessary. And then got hit hard 3 corners later by Ricky again... decided to quit because of my state of mind at that moment... :biggrin: I know I was stuck on track after race one so that might have something to do with it, I hope it has...

Dont remember hitting anyone on the start straight but if I did I apologise it wasnt meant. As for three corners later I do remember hitting someone as i came back onto the track and again I am sorry.

Other than that was just a bad two races for me. Was nowhere near the pace of the other cars and was lapped In the first race about lap 5. So rather than get in peoples way I quit that race.

Race two much the same nowhere near as fast as all the others and only managed 14 laps before getting lapped again. Decided to quit so as not to cause any problems.

Again sorry to Theo de Bruin.

I need to get more practice in before racing online again I think.

• SniperZA

Baron-Rouge[NO-B];98787 said:
Ps: Chris sorry for contact in the race

Hehe - no problem, I was going slower than normal there due to a bit of rubbing in the hairpin with a Chev, perhaps I turned in too much? - the result was a roll and a 360 degree spin leaving me on my wheels heading in the right direction :biggrin:

That was some of the most fun I've had, thanks everyone, really looking forward to the WTCC season.

Chris

Qualif: 13th (22 pilots in 2 seconds!) :eek:

Race 1, very good first half of the race, I suffered accidents at 1st round and the 19th ... Then, super rally until the 7th place, behind Steven De Nys who lag a lot! before the turn at the end of the line stands, I turn right too late, and violently fate., I am in the 15th position, without overtaking, just putting pressure (I beginning to master it!:cool:) I finished 13rd in this race very relieved, as often FD Series! :eek:

Race 2, I start 13th on the grid and, as in the first, very good start of the race, then back up quickly in the first 6! Bzh one (don't remeber who) that I had to spend overtake for the 5th position (i think), touches me in the middle of the 1st turn, and I go Barrel (in french it's the term:tongue:?)! Not problem for that, it's the race:wink:! I again, not too many sores on the car, and still finished 9th in the bumper of Michael Sharp! :)

Supers races, many goods fighting with Patrick, Steven, Mickael, and others! nice moment on this small piece of circuit! Thanks for it RPMs!!:wink:

Edit: I hope my english is correct!!?? hum hum!!

• Michael Sharpe

hard races

first the excuses... my whole race was compromised by my lack of practicing, I had practised for the first event, but it got cancelled and I only signed up to this one at the last minute. Then I got no session practice and limited qualifying as my PC was not performing well again. Eventually I got in ok and did a slow lap to start last.

Race1 was not very good, cos I was having to learn the car/track again, so I spun a few times at the last turn and made many other errors, then on lap 18 in about 15th place and about to be lapped I went off head first at the final turn and ruined my suspension.

Race2 was lots better, I stayed at the back early on and just moved up when others went off (saw a spectaular fiery shunt right in front of me at Paddock one time). This got me up to 9th with a large gap in front so I just concentrated on defence. I only had one off at the final turn all race, and I had to fight Marco [no-b] and Sebastian P to hold my place. This got tight on the last laps as Sebastian and I were battling whilst being lapped by Jari and Atti (very hard to fight and not block at the same time). Somehow I managed to move past Sebastian in these moments to take my 9th place at the end.

If I could qualify properly I might have a hope in the tourny :)

enjoyable races server1

quick report from server1:

quali: after some training in rain the weather was nice for a change, put down one solid lap, started 16-18th of 21 (don't remember exactly)

race1: standing on the grid in drizzle on normal tires, i thought: oh no! but as soon as we started the rain stopped and after three laps (in which the rain-training paid off handsomely) i was in 10th to 12th. That's where i staid in an extremely fair race until the guys on rain tires had worn their tires down, i moved up to 8th with no problem, my first points finish in fd-series - very happy!

race2: started from pole, checked double for weather: DRY! Had a great time being handed down from pole to 10th in the first four laps (no irony, here), very fair racing fast guys, that's the spirit of the FD-series! Sorry for Canuck: when Shivan appeared on my left I panicked a little and braked too early, you were on my fender in the blink of an eye ... I then settled in for another great race in 10th to 12th and again moved up towards the end by simply keeping the pace, ended 9th, vainly hoping for a little mistake on the final lap by one of the fast dudes :)

I am currently uploading a little vid of the first four laps to YouTube, will post ASAP.

hope this works ...

[youtube]iX-oW7KV3C4[/youtube]

D1A said:
Again sorry to Theo de Bruin.

I need to get more practice in before racing online again I think.

Don't worry m8, stuff like that happens. Don't mind me, I had a tough 1st race, struggling on the rain tires then in the 2nd race I was planning some nice racing so when I got hit I got a bit grumpy! :biggrin: As long as you learn from it eh! And the FD series is made to learn from!

Group2:
Qualy was not bad and i was 5th on the grid. Had a great start and had some laps on 3th place but with my inbuild small mistakes i was 5th after some laps. Again lost control and finished 9th.
Second race was dissaster for me ,after 4 laps the druids bend got me and i went over my head a couple of times :( dragged myself to the pits.
Got out and found i had repaired nothing. I left the race .
Better luck next time ,Cya !

Group 1. For me this was one of the best races I made at least race one have 2 laps fighting Baron-Rouge and finish P6.
On race 2 made a very good start 1st turn I was P1 but after 2 laps just went straight on last turn after that to many mistakes but the setup for the car was perfect I just need to get more focus on the race
Great fun thanks to all.

Group2:
Race1
Qualy was ok was on 11th on the grid.
After some collision on front of me got the 6th position.
2-3 laps later was on 4th positon push how i can but no chance to
recieve the guy on 3th. On 26 laps got more and more tire problems,
But the rain training before was helpful ;-)
Race2
Bad start some peeps overtakes me. Hit someone in T1 big sorry for them.
Following the Seat-Armada overtake Patrick with little bump forgive me mate.
Then the real races starts: black/white seat follow me like my shadow
Now i realized that was Atti :wink:. Finaly the black bird overtakes me while i went little bit to wide in corner x.
The result of fighting got earlier warning from my Box about tires (lap23).
The last few laps was Jamie behind me had a nice clean fight with him.
But the last corner in lap 30 what iam doing there ?, i decide let Jamie pass rofl.
Nice gesture from my side i think :)

TRACK CHANGE!!!! Zandvoort, 2*12 laps race.
Due to some unkown issue with the Donington track we were needing to change the track for the tonight event.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

Hey anyone up for some WTCC next Saturday? I'd like to do Donington, never raced the WTCC cars there at all and it used to be my favourite track in the olden but golden TOCA2 game.

skin pack grid1 and 2 (update Thursday)
http://rapidshare.com/files/99216479/skin_pack_Donni_2.rar.html
skin pack addon including the last six skins posted

http://rapidshare.com/files/99731903/skin_pack_Donni_addon.rar.html

Date:
Saturday 15.03.08

Practise:
18.30 GMT 60 min

Qualy:
19.30 GMT 20 min

Race:
19.50 GMT

Weather:
Sunny

Track:
Zandvoort

Laps:
2 Races * 12 laps

Start:
Standing both races

Cars:
WTCC 06 and WTCC 07

Server name:
RaceDepartment.com #1 en #2

Password:
homesweethome

Code:
Name on Racedepartment forum:
Name in RACE07 :
Entry Car:
Skin link:
Special remarks:

See you on Saturday!

Grid 1
  1. Serial Killer
  2. Terry Harmer
  3. Theo de Bruin
  4. Mehmet Arikan
  5. Garreth Hickling
  6. David Garcia
  7. SAJAX
  8. Roy S.
  9. Degreef Gregory[NO-B]
  10. Luis Rebelo
  11. Eckhart von Glan
  12. Canuck59NHL
  13. hansje
  14. Gaynall Hudgins
  15. D.Lemon
  16. TwistedSatan
  17. Kent Karlén
  18. Geoffrey Heuzard[NO-B]
  19. Chris Vick
  20. Attila Domjan
  21. Oliver Amos
  22. Hervus[NO-B]
  23. Jari Vinnari
  24. Kaasje
  25. Cristian Haba
Grid 2
  1. Mark A Warmington
  2. Christopher Aponte
  3. Chris Browne
  4. Mehmet Arslan
  5. ingemar petersson
  6. Lucas Degen
  7. Jeremy TROTIN
  8. Marco [NO-B]
  9. crazydoc[BZH]
  10. Nigel Atkins
  11. alonso[NO-B]
  12. Pauliebhoy Harrigan
  13. victor shaw
  14. dane[BZH]
  15. PetraGTC
  16. Jamie Wilson
  17. Andy McMartin
  18. Toomy
  19. Jens Hoeppner
  20. Marc Kollinger
  21. darron miller
  22. Sven De Nys
  23. Michael Herrmann
  24. Nevermind
  25. Driver
Reserve List
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver

Attachments

• toc2pc002e780f4ml2.jpg
    toc2pc002e780f4ml2.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 311
With the new F1 season kicking off next week I thought it might be a fun idea to setup a sort of returning support event? So let's say a race on friday night before every F1 weekend on the same track F1 is racing. I think most, if not all, tracks from F1 are also available for Race 07 by now?
I was thinking of doing F3000, or FBMW, or maybe switch classes every event? Don't know what people might prefer.

So what do people think about this idea? And is it possible in the server schedules? Of course I'd be more than happy to set this up!

All right, guess we're good to go for this... so sign ups open for friday!!!

It's the F3000 Formula 1 support event:

Track:
Australia Melbourne (DOWNLOAD)

Practise:
20:00 GMT

Qualification:
20:30 GMT

Race:
21:00 GMT (2 x 11 laps)

Weather:
Dry

Server name: