race 07 wont start

Mike Davidson

100RPM
i hope somebody can help me with this my race o7 game has just stopped working completely i was messing with the car filter on yesterday and it just crashed to desktop and now it wont even start just black screen then back to desktop any help would be greatly appreiciated

Bram Hengeveld

RaceDepartment Founder
Staff
Premium
Try closing steam, remove all the contents of the RACE 07 folder and restart steam. This would give you a clean fresh working installation.

Björn

Ävver et Hätz bliev he in Kölle
Yep, definitely - might be the only solution, though. Clicking "remove local files" (guessing the translation ;)) in the game's (+addons, if applicable) context menu should do the same thing.

However, first, you could try to check the game files - open up the game's properties, navigate to the last tab ("Local Files") and there should be an option to do just that :)

Mike Davidson

100RPM
still not working ive done a totally fresh install just the simbin titls no mods at all and it still wont launch the game

Mike Davidson

100RPM
ive sorted it it was something in my documents i deleted them all and hey presto its working againjust need to download all my mods again

Björn

Ävver et Hätz bliev he in Kölle
Yikes.. well, the only thing left (that comes to my mind) would be your user profile, located in C:\Users\<username>\Documents\SimBin\Race 07

You might want to move the folder somewhere else to preserve files, or just completely delete it. R07 should create a new one once it's started again

edit: hah, few seconds too late, glad it's working again! :)

Bram Hengeveld

RaceDepartment Founder
Staff
Premium
If you would have tried the suggestion in #2 you don't have to redownload all the content :)

It will simply unpack all the core files again and voila: fresh game.