Race #07, Turkey: Race Briefing

Welcome to the seventh round of FSR 2010 World Series. Before proceeding to the event, notice the following:

Due to the allocation count being less than 36, no Grid 2 event is scheduled, as per article 5.8 in the World Series supplement document.

Following drivers have automatically gained the right to race in Grid 1. The listed drivers are NOT ALLOWED to take part in Pre-Qualifying:

Secured Grid 1 place (10):

Mattias Stahre
David Martinez
Petter Kaasa
Cyril Werdmuller
Dimitri De Matos
Karim Wezenberg
Stephane Rouault
Timon Bolier
Mindaugas Klumbis
Lukas Euler

The following drivers have the right to participate in Pre-Qualifying:

Pre-Qualifying 1/1 (22):

Clayton Nelmes
Giuseppe Marconi
Pablo Garcia
Santiago Niza
Danny Roberts
Sammy Sekowski
John Debacquer
Mario Witzorreck
Eduardo Prado
Jack Keithley
Andrey Yakimenko
Fran Sola
Marco Conti
Samuel Libeert
Kerkar Abdelaziz
Rando Muru
Kostas Kantzouras
Ben Tusting
Dennis Furchheim
Teemu Tihekari
Henning Cordes
Nebojsa Tramosljika

Start from back of the grid (3):

Fran Sola
Marco Conti
Henning Cordes

Start from pit lane (2):

Kerkar Abdelaziz
Santiago Niza

Schedule:

Saturday, 15:45 GMT: Server opens for PQ
Saturday, 16:00 GMT: Pre-Qualifying
Saturday, 16:20 GMT: G1 Practice
Saturday, 16:30 GMT: G1 Qualifying
Saturday, 16:50 GMT: G1 Warmup
Saturday, 17:00 GMT: G1 Race Start

The Pre-Qualifying session will be 10 minutes in length. The session will be run in Private mode without Parc Ferme. The session will also be closed, this means that it will impossible for people to join while the session is running. The top 16 from Pre-Qualifying will make it in to Grid 1.

The Free Practice session will be 10 minutes in length. Every participating driver should join as soon as possible after the server opens to make sure that they don't miss the start of Qualifying and also to make sure that their game is configured & working properly.

The Qualifying session will be 15 minutes in length. It will be run in non-Private mode (all cars will be visible on track at the same time) with Parc Ferme enforced. Parc Ferme will only allow you to change your fuel load, tire compound, engine boost, engine brakemap, front wing angle, steering lock, brake balance and brake pressure after the session is over, so make sure you have your race setup loaded when entering Qualifying. Like Pre-Qualifying, this session will also be closed, this means that it will impossible for people to join while the session is running.

The Warmup session will be 10 minutes in length. While in the garage, make sure you add the appropriate amount of fuel in to your car for the race. Remember, refueling is banned. You can drive freely in the Warmup session to try to get a feel for the heavier car after qualifying on low fuel.

The Race will be 58 laps long. Drive safely during the race, especially at the start and the first lap in general.

Red Flags will NOT be used unless in very specific situations which are specified in the rule documents. In case of light-moderate first lap incidents, a Safety Car may be deployed. The Safety Car period will last 3 laps and there will be no passing during these laps. Keep a safe distance to the car in front, but do not hold up the rest of the pack. The Safety Car will not be used for any incidents which happen after the first lap.

Last time that we didnt had G2 race, top14 was directly allocated.

Why now we use different rules?

Knowing that i will start from pit lane i did 0 qualy laps!!!!

This is crazy, a different rule for each race.

Nah it's not a different rule. The race before last time we had a G2, that's why the first 4 of that race were safe in G1. This time Monaco had no G2 race and therefore we have only 10 safe places here.

Nah it's not a different rule. The race before last time we had a G2, that's why the first 4 of that race were safe in G1. This time Monaco had no G2 race and therefore we have only 10 safe places here.

No Lukas you are wrong, I am not talking about Monaco, I am talking about Spain.

In China we didnt had G2, then you can check Spain brienfing and you will see how top14 was directly allocated to G1 race.

I was not agree with this, because some slower drivers than me where directly on G1 and I was forced to do PQ, but doesnt matter, was planned for me do PQ, then I dont asked nothing.

Now happened the same, in monaco no G2, then according to the precedents I though top14 will be directly allocated to G1. This was what happened in Spain, then nothing makes me think about something different could be done.

And just now, I notice that in the same situation, FSR've decided do a different thing.
For other drivers is not a big problem, but for me is a heavy trouble, because according to precedents I was with G1 assured and thanks to monaco penalty, starting from pit lane.
Then I found myself without qualy set, and with all training done with full tank.

This is NOT fair!!

We have a precedent and what I cant understand is the reason of do different things in the same situation wihtout inform drivers.

There is no qualy set though this year. :)

I guess JES will comment on that, but from what I know the mistake was done in Monaco.
For this race it's the usual rules again. So it's not "changing rules every race". It was just a mistake in Monaco. I guess that can happen.
As usual, people only complain when it affects them, not at the point when the mistake was actually done.

There is no specific rule defined for the case where a Grid 2 race is not driven, the only thing which is stated is:
Top 10
drivers in the WS Championship will not be relegated from Grid 1 under any circumstances

You are correct in that the top 14 was allowed directly from the championship standings to the Barcelona race. This was mainly due to the fact that having only the top 10 in G1 would have required a split PQ session due to many participants, which would only have complicated things for everyone.

After talking with Mikko we agreed that only top 10 should be allowed in the future in case Grid 2 isn't driven, which is more fair in my view as well, so this will be the rule used in the future. However, if x drivers in championship top 10 don't participate in the race, they will be replaced by the first x drivers outside the top 10, that's why Euler and Klumbis have secured their spots today. Sorry if this caused some misunderstandings, these special cases are not written in the rules, so it's up to the director to decide.

Regarding Timon, he had his participation set to "uncertain", so we will still follow the original list.

There is no qualy set though this year. :)

I guess JES will comment on that, but from what I know the mistake was done in Monaco.
For this race it's the usual rules again. So it's not "changing rules every race". It was just a mistake in Monaco. I guess that can happen.
As usual, people only complain when it affects them, not at the point when the mistake was actually done.

In Spain i was affected too and nothing said.

But here it was a litle bit heavy...
I think is very easy understand my complain, but if you dont wish understand my point feel free to say what you preffer.

And for your information, knowing that i was not going to do Qualy, I made a special set for race, i supose is not needed explain you differences between a set only for race, and a set for qualy and race.

And of couse, say something like "Sorry Santi, our mistake in Spain caused you a confusion" seems is very hard to say...

I've no problems saying it was my mistake at Spain, I could have interpreted the rules better, although it wasn't clear what to do in such a situation. Funny that nobody catched it back then, but whatever, let's move on.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 349 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 483 39.0%