Race #07, Turkey: Post-Race Discussion

Yeah awesome move. Thought Huis was gonna the make it 1 lap before the end. Because he had a gap in the last sector and i thought he would pull away in the first and second sector in the last lap. But Marques could follow him there, and he was so close on the last straight and when he overtook him and blocked him very good and didnt let Huis doing his brake thing.:wink: Text book stuff. Both deserved the win. But there can be only one. :wink:

finaly a points finish !! hope we can build on this..

i think i had a very fair race and id like to thanks everyone i raced with for being so fair too especialy saxen who i had the final stint to acompany me ! fantastic mate !

apologies to whoever i cut up on lap 1 at the hairpin and for turn 1 for some reason i had no brakes in lap 1.. when i got to turn one my rear end locked completley :\

just found out it was niza.. realy sorry mate for some reason i had no brakes at all :\

Really happy! Congrats Bruno for a fantastic win and battle with Bono. I'm happy with 4th and 10th place, a great drive by Fredrik and Mathieu (from pitlane!). I was a bit worried as we had engine failures in WT. Also congrats to Jaakko, who also had a pitlane start, perfect strategy, respect.

Now, the 'party' team needs a bit of explanation...we always watch the broadcast with many team members in a chat on MSN. Mathieu always talks about beer, vodka and the beautiful French girls, I won't go in detail ;) Mathieu is called 'la petite fille' or in English 'the little girl' haha...Fredrik & Clayton party a lot if I can believe FaceBook (so do I, I guess), so in the chat it is fun hehe. Happy with the team members we have now :cool:

From GPCOS:

Quali: 24.896, P3. This was very nice, I only managed 24.8 twice in my testing.

Race: I took the first corners pretty easily, lost one position but then I outbraked myself in to T9 and dropped to 7th or so. There was a crash exiting the final corner so I gained a few positions back there.

After that I could settle in to a nice rhythm and to my surprise I could challenge Bruno and Bono in the first stint. I knew Bruno was definitely faster than me so I wasn't too disappointed when they passed me after the first pitstop.

I couldn't quite follow them after that, I tried one last push in the last ~15 laps but couldn't get close enough for a slipstream.

3rd place is a fantastic result for me and the team, thanks to a lot of hard work and a great setup from Bruno.

My best ever result :).

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 345 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 236 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 235 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years