Race #07, Turkey: Post-Race Checks

As usual, send all appeals to fsradmin(at)gmail(dot)com. The appeal deadline is 1:08 GMT on Saturday, May 29th.

Bruno Marques

Q1: Clean
Log: Clean
Launch Control: Clean
Pitstop: Lap 15, 33
Penalty: N/A

Bono Huis

Launch Control: Used
Pitstop: Lap 15, 34

Mikko Puumalainen

Pitstop: Lap 13, 34 Cut
Penalty: 0.5 Penalty points for pitexit cut.

Fredrik Nilsson

Pitstop: Lap 16, 35

Jaakko Mikkonen

Q1: Started from the pitlane
Launch Control: Started from the pitlane
Pitstop: Lap 28

Karol Poniatowski

Pitstop: Lap 14, 35

Morgan Morand

Pitstop: Lap 17, 36
Penalty: Official Warning for Incident #4, 1 Penalty point for Incident #5. Start from pit lane in the next race for reaching 3 Penalty points.

John-Eric Saxen

Pitstop: Lap 15, 34

Lee Morris

Pitstop: Lap 14, 35

Mathieu Prevot

Q1: Started from the pitlane
Launch Control: Started from the pitlane
Pitstop: Lap 14, 35 Cut
Penalty: 0.5 Penalty points for pitexit cut.

Ronny Hähnel

Pitstop: Lap 2, 15, 34

Blair Disley

Pitstop: Lap 10, 35

Patrick De Wit

Pitstop: Lap 13, 34, 42, 53

Marco Conti

Pitstop: Lap 19, 43

David Dominguez

Pitstop: Lap 2, 27, 53

Santiago Niza

Pitstop: Lap 12, 33

Samuel Libeert

Pitstop: Lap 16 Cut, 34 Cut
Penalty: 1 Penalty point for pitexit cuts. License revoked for reaching 5 Penalty points.

Andrey Yakimenko

Pitstop: Lap 17
Penalty: Official Warning for not commenting on GPCOS, 1st time.

David Greco

Pitstop: Lap 2, 17
Penalty: 0.5 Penalty points for 3rd Official Warning (Incident #1)

Sergio Casalins

Pitstop: N/A

Jack Keithley

Q1: Started from the back of the grid
Pitstop: Lap 2

Lukas Euler

Penalty: 1 Penalty point for Incident #2.

Rasmus Tali

Penalty: 2 Penalty points for Incident #2.

Incidents:

Driver(s) Involved Greco, Huis, Haehnel, Tali
Lap/Replay Time Lap1, last turn, Time: 4:34
Protest Description Greco tries to stop Huis from overtaking him on outside by forcing him wide, however Huis has already been infront of him therefore this move didn't work as planned. With Greco`s experience it is inconceivable he didn't know Huis was next to him. As the result of this Greco spins and Tali with Haehnel have absolutely no time to react, both hit Greco and lose their front wings.

Review: Greco and Huis are side by side exiting the last corner. Greco doesn't steer enough to avoid touching Huis' left front wheel, causing Greco's car to half spin. Tali and Hähnel don't react in time to avoid colliding with Greco.

Verdict: Official Warning for David Greco.
#2 Appeal unsuccessful - Verdict stands
Driver(s) Involved Euler - Tali
Lap/Replay Time Lap 2
Protest Description Severe Online Etiquette breach
1.5 Only rejoin the track after checking it is clear

Tali rejoins the track in a severely unsafe and reckless fashion disregarding the safety of other drivers. He enters the track in front of Lukas Euler resulting in a DNF for Lukas Euler. This also leads other drivers to take evasive action resulting in the other cars becoming damaged as well.

note **
If a driver is given a penalty for an incident in a race which he did not finish, that penalty will
instead be converted in to twice the amount of Penalty Points the driver would have gotten from
the incident if he had finished normally. For example: If a driver was involved in a race incident for
which he was given a penalty, but did not finish that race, then he would be given 2 Penalty Points
instead of 1.

Review: Tali arrives in to T1 without a front wing, he outbrakes himself in to the corner and touches a gravel trap in the run off area. Tali loses partial control of the car and rejoins straight in to the path of Euler, causing terminal damage to both cars. Euler continues to drive in to the pits despite having terminal damage to his car.

Verdict: 1 Penalty point for Rasmus Tali (x2 for DNF) & 0.5 Penalty points for Lukas Euler (x2 for DNF) for driving to the pits with a terminally damaged car.
Driver(s) Involved Rasmus Tali, me (David Dominguez), and another drivers
Lap/Replay Time Lap 2, Turn 1
Protest Description Rasmus Tali, without front wing, goes wide in Turn 1 and try to return unsafely to the track, loosing the car and causing a lot of damage to a lot of people.

Review: Same as Incident #2, except Dominguez hits Tali about 5 seconds after the incident between Tali and Euler. Yellow flags were visible long enough before Dominguez arrived at the scene, Dominguez should've been more careful.

Verdict: Racing Incident.
Driver(s) Involved poniatowski - morand
Lap/Replay Time start/finish straight, lap 56
Protest Description incident no.1:

Start/finish straight, karol in the tow of Morgan and takes the inner line to make an overtake maneuver but Morgan weaves to the left causing Karol to hit his left rear wheel.

Karol's pov: Morgan has clearly breached the gentleman agreement rule with this weaving action (please use his view to see his steering wheel).

Review: Poniatowski is in Morand's slipstream on the main straight. Poniatowski moves to overtake but Morand turns in front of him too late, causing contact and Morand to keep the position.

Verdict: Official Warning for Morgan Morand.
Driver(s) Involved poniatowski - morand
Lap/Replay Time T12, lap 57
Protest Description incident no.2:

Backstraight, in front of Morgan and Jaakko, Morgan was clearly too late on the brakes and hit Karol , causing him to spin and lose position to Jaakko as well.

Karol's pov: I have had a very tough fight with Jaakko, I needed much laps to pass him, and still I have had him in my tow, then we closed both the gap (because we have pushed each other without fighting, nice from Jaakko - I like such behavior very much!!!) to Morgan but Morgan defended often very hard with his very much worn tires, too hard for my taste, but however he didnt care about the incident and did his race further. Finally Jaakko went through and I lost the position to him, Morgan let me through before the finish line because Jaakko passed him - but the question is, how would Morgan act if Jaakko didnt pass him?? I doubt he would let him through to let finally me through.

my meaning: I am disappointed about the hit from Morgan, because all the energy I invested to pass Jaakko and finally the energy to leave him behind me was thrown away with Morgan´s unsafe maneuver.

Review: Morand is on the outside of Poniatowski heading in to T12 when he either has a slight screen freeze or lifts the throttle on his own. After this he changes his line to the inside and tries to outbrake Poniatowski. The outbraking happens too late in the braking zone however and Poniatowski doesn't have time to give space, ending in contact which spins Poniatowski and causes him to lose a further position to Mikkonen. Morand let's Poniatowski pass him on the final lap.

Verdict: 1 Penalty point for Morgan Morand, no time penalty thanks to giving up the position in the end.

ok last turn accident is my fault...... I was in the middle of 3 or 2 PMS, no place to go, and it is my fault... Clearly I must have some disease, some mental disease... and a serious one.

I am sorry, I don't want to discuss it at all... I just thought it is crazy to think I wanted to do what you wrote.. I just had a very difficult start with PM drivers all over me, cold tyres, and in this mod I suffer it a lot, cuz mods with little tyre grip like this one (2.08) is not good for my style, plus I had 9.0 lock, I really had troubles keeping a tight line, I had more than others go wide, lift throttle and make the car slide into the corner.. Is funny how I felt I was a victim and instead, for other ppl, I am the responsible...

I am sorry, I don't want to discuss it at all... I just thought it is crazy to think I wanted to do what you wrote.. I just had a very difficult start with PM drivers all over me, cold tyres, and in this mod I suffer it a lot, cuz mods with little tyre grip like this one (2.08) is not good for my style, plus I had 9.0 lock, I really had troubles keeping a tight line, I had more than others go wide, lift throttle and make the car slide into the corner.. Is funny how I felt I was a victim and instead, for other ppl, I am the responsible...

The protest descriptions are written by the people who send the protests, I don't know if you are talking to me but it seems like you are.

What I wrote was this:

Review: Greco and Huis are side by side exiting the last corner. Greco doesn't steer enough to avoid touching Huis' left front wheel, causing Greco's car to half spin. Tali and Hähnel don't react in time to avoid colliding with Greco.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 319 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 218 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 213 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 159 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 276 13.4%