RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

• Erik Åhlen

Qually: Took pole with a 1.48.3. Still not happy with that though as I was four tenths down on that time on the sector time before the Audi-s but messed up the last sector completely :rolleyes: Could have been a 1.47

Race 1: Took the start, had Alonso between one to two seconds behind me for the whole race. Finished first with some pretty dead tires

Race 2: Think I was sixth after first corner, but Chris Aponte got some oversteer in the third corner so I sneaked past him on the outside. Then had a Chevy in front of me but he/she ran wide so up to fourth before lap two. Then both Alonso and me overtook Crazydoc and Mehmet on the following laps. Started putting some pressure on Alonso but he had some good defensive skills :) On lap eight (I think) Alonso ran wide in the last corner and I passed him on the start/finish straight. Thinking "yay passed him. Oh crap. You have to brake too" and put my Seat in the gravel :) Got up again three seconds behind. Think he suffered from some heavy tire wear on the last three laps as I almost made it all the way up.

Last couple of corners I came up alongside Alonso but he had inside line and had to back off. Then we approached a lapped car, Father Crilly, who touched with Alonso so I could pull up alongside and finished 0.045 after him. oh dear, we really have to publish the regulations again, cause that was a really bad manoeuvre, in an otherwise enjoyable race.

Shared first place with Alonso overall. Grats to you :)

Lol nevermind

well I had a great race....I was expecting to wreck myself...but to qualify 4th on the last seconds & finish 3rd in both races?....with the BMW....damn i was lucky/good :):):)
great fight with Mehmet....np about the hit....Racing incident ;)
also great fight with Petra.......she was sliding the chevy like it was a rear wheel drive LOL :)
till next time ;)

group1

Well for the 1st time I race in this track is not to bad the qualification wasn´t good I start in p20 or p22 and managed to finish p12 and with some mistakes and a biiiggg crash in the start, 2nd race start from p12 avoid a very slow car in starting line but made a spin in the first turn back to p18 after some effort I keep gaining some position till I meat with eckhart have a good figth with him but make 2 mistakes in the same place and finish in p10 I think just after eckhart.
For me was a good result and great fun thanks to racedepartment and eckhart for this fun race hope theres more very soon.

great fun

yooow, we had two bumpy but interesting races on server1.

Quali: I kept getting faster and faster, but others were too, so I ended up 19th of 22.

Race1: couldn't avoid the pileup even though I braked full force. Had to reverse back on track. Lap1 I passed many guys playing in the sand, ts ts ts. Settled into 13th with Theo hot on my tail. What a gentleman! He nudged me once and then slowed to let me regain my line! In the end he somehow blew it (I think with a little help from Hansje :) ) which was just as well, cause my tires were burning and grip in lap12 was close to zero. Finished 13th.

Race2: Avoided the standing Beemer only to be pushed out by somebody else trying to do the same, didn't hurt, though. All through the race, positions shown were not accurate, irritating. Settled into 7th with Luis in pursuit, we did a nice swap and swap back at one point, very fair driving there. Then Kent did one of his trademark summersaults which put me in front of him (hehe) and Simon Trendell in the enviable position to have a slow blueflagger (me) in front of his nose and a faster blueflagger (Kent) on his tail. brilliant fight there! After Simon and Kent had passed me, it was Luis again who was taking advantage of my again failing tires. At finish I think we were just 0.1 apart, luckily with me still in front and in 8th, grabbing that last point!

All in all I had a lot of fair and breathtaking fights with Simon Trendell, Theo deBruin, Luis Rebello and Gareth Hickling. Only problem was start to race1, as sb. produced a huge pileup on the straight.

Thanks everybody for showing up, Donington is only postponed, we'll race there yet :)

Replays from Grid2

nice crash in round8 :(

Greets Jens

Man that second race was a bad one, Zandvoort is leaving some ugly impressions. You've been purposely shot (FATHER CRILLY on tilt) and I've been facing andymacmartin ghost riding in the last round. Spectacular crash..
Although, Andy your triple salto mortale some seconds before that ghost riding is definetly worth viewing :) - but anyway, thanks for the fair fight we had some rounds before that. So sad I made that mistake that let you pass me - nice pushin'.

PS: almost forgot the really exciting fight with Mark A Warmington in R1.. nice one !

Well, second online race under my belt. The last minute change of track is tough on newbies, as I had never seen Zandvoort before today. Cristian Haba was kind enough to shoot me a nice setup, and with minor tweaks to that I qualified 18th with a 1:52.0xx. For a new guy on a new track I was quite happy!

Then came race1. I was slow at the start, which turned out well because there was a huge pileup in front, and I survived it by heavy braking and weaving through the mess. Then during the next few laps there was a barrage of complaints on the chat about restarts and such, and I lost concentration, hit a wall, and was out on lap 3. AAaarrgghh! Note to self, ignore all chat in race!

Race2 started with a much cleaner first corner, but again a few offs early on, and I was up to 12th I think, and battling someone for the next spot when another loss of concentration had me spinning into the gravel. I got back on the track in last place, and stayed there for the rest of the race. I had a few more spins as my tires went away very early, probably due to the early spins, and I finished one lap down to the leaders.

I was disappointed by my lack of concentration which took me out of any real competition, but at least I finished the second race. I tried very hard to stay out of the way for the folks lapping me, but I don't really know how well I did. I will have to look at the replay.

Thanks to all, and I hope to join you again sometime soon.

Chris

Picture of the summersaults
Zandvoort.jpg

I did a great qual 1,48,7 and I get the 6th place at the grid.

Race 1: Good start, Atti overtok me in first corner then I tried to keep up with him and the rest of the guys infront.
This was real fun and it was great racing I took me up to second place after Atti. And in that place could I finish.

Race 2. Hmm.. I was on my way to do a great race again then I did the summersault I lost over a half minute. I was in 4th place and droped back to 11th . After that I beginging to take places back and at the end I think I was 6th , so it was not so bad at all.

Big grats to Atti and also grats to killer, Canuck and all others for a great evening.

Cheers Kent!

This is what I call....FLY LIKE AN EAGLE, Steve Miller I think :p

Nice picture !!

Sorry Theo, but my connection was lost (Race2) ...I will try not to overclock next time, could solve my connection lost trouble.

GRATS to the winners, WE HAD A GREAT CHAT again :D

Till next race and nice sunday all.

Hans :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 308 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 212 10.6%
  • < 3 years