RACE 07 poor video performance

I have a problem with my video when on line.
I have a AMD 64 x 2Dual Core 4600 + 2.41 GHZ with 2 gig
A Nividia GeForce GTS250 with 1 gig
A Creative Lab Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme
My connection speed is 25meg down load and app 12meg upload

Race 07 works fine with most settings maxed. BUT when I go online the Video is not fluid. Its very jerky.
I tried turning down the settings in the game not much luck
When online with RFactor it works very well.

Really need your help

Thank you in advance for your thoughts.

Your system should handle it fine! Even your connection is a lot better than mine!

Maybe something running in the background? Firewall? Anti-virus? It doesn't cause a problem for me either but it can be different with different software. (I'm using the free Avast)
Or maybe in the worst case you have a virus?

I had a herky jerky issue until I set the flip queue (Nvidia) or pre render frames (ATI) to 0 from there default which is 2 or 3. To do this for an ATI card requires a special tool but if I am not mistake the Nvidia drivers should have the option readily available. Also try setting shadows one notch lower then max. The other thing you can try is alt+tab out of the game, open the task manager go to processes, find the race on process and right clicking on it set the affinity to 1 processor. I've seen this help on a few games using dual core processors. There is a dual core processor patch on the AMD website that may fix the problem if indeed it proves to be a problem. Post back and let us know what you discover.

I had a herky jerky issue until I set the flip queue (Nvidia) or pre render frames (ATI) to 0 from there default which is 2 or 3. To do this for an ATI card requires a special tool but if I am not mistake the Nvidia drivers should have the option readily available

Yes its in the 3d application settings, you can change it just for the race 07 .exe if you don't want to change your global settings.

I changed the pre render frames (ATI) to 0 . It was set at 8 didn't change the processor set up.
What a differance. A logged on to a couple of differant servers and it looks pretty good. Looks like a little tweeking should do it.

Thanks for the advise

I changed the pre render frames (ATI) to 0 . It was set at 8 didn't change the processor set up.
What a differance. A logged on to a couple of differant servers and it looks pretty good. Looks like a little tweeking should do it.

Thanks for the advise

Your specs state you have an Nvidia card, but you said you changed pre render frames (ATI) to 0. Was this just a cut and paste typo?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 343 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 174 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 293 13.3%