Race 07 on screen map?

Hello to all.
I have been told that their is a default track map, but I cannot find it anywhere in the keyboard commands. I was told it was the #1 key by default, but #1 is listed as toggle mirror under keyboard default.(which does just that) Wheel unplugged and/or plugged in.

I have tried "toggle menu" key...... #2 I think it was. ( did just that)
Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have corner markers, but am looking for a track map.
I did not register through Steam, I just installed on PC for offline play.
Also, I can't see the top times done in practice, (only in Qually) just my times. If I want to see other AI practice times, I have to exit out of gameplay and select "view other drivers times"

I am pretty new with pc sims, so I appreciate details. :notworthy: Thank you.

I agree, especially since I have Track Markers" I have been trying to get without assists all the way in F1 2011, no assists at all, but confess it has been difficult weening off as I bought my very first game in 2010 (f1 2010) and used assists.. Now that you bring up netkar pro, I really need to go back "there". RBR has been a teaching experiece as well....for SURE!

I really have not got used to PC formats, and am the first to admit I need all your guys help to get better.

I'm talking about just learning how to install mods w/ winrar,etc. Matter of fact I tjhink you have been helpfull educating an "old guy".
My ambition is to run no assists on Legend AI in
F1 2012 version.

To some , this comes easy, but not me. I strugglle with no TC and manual tranny for instance,

But seriously, I have never had so much constructive help/ critisism, as RD offers.

I am all ears,

Yea, I got you, so you can see the cars coming at you, should/when you go off track, and want to re -enter.

Thats its sole purpose, even offline, as I don't want to cause damage/ penalty in F12011, cause I know the tracks, but it would be handy in sims, as I don't know all tracks by "heart" Good point, Thanks.

Yea, I got you, so you can see the cars coming at you, should/when you go off track, and want to re -enter.

Thats its sole purpose, even offline, as I don't want to cause damage/ penalty in F12011, cause I know the tracks, but it would be handy in sims, as I don't know all tracks by "heart" Good point, Thanks. And since I don't have it (mute point) it s#*ks , even with a collision, obviously with AI.

Ok , help me out please, ....if I have no desire at this time to play RACE 07 ONLINE, other than the track map....what would you do? ...as far as being "ripped off:; Just be happy w/o reinstalling ,or whatever,,,,Cause I don't know how to do all this, is it worth the trouble, if I am only going to play offline anyway?
Wow, I have really taken up a lot of discussion over this....which I appreciate!:) .

The online version is the full version of the game. The disc version is only half of the game, that's why it's important to get non-activated version... Plus offline version hasn't been patched to the most recent version (we are in version 1.2.1.10... you can see some of the changes the patches has made to judge wether you really need a fully up-to-date game: http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/1-2-1-10-patch-steam.41325/

If you are happy the way it is, then it's not worth the trouble but there has been a number of patches over the years changing for ex tire modelling, the old had a problem with overheating tires unrealistically, the current version handles tire temps more moderately, we got mostly too cold tires now... For me the updates is the key, if they would be just visual or menu fixes, then it wouldn't matter but this is sim and changes to sim core are not trivial, they are necessary improvements towards realism.. I don't know if offline version can be updated, i doubt it since it's meant to be delivered by Steam.

The online version is the full version of the game. The disc version is only half of the game, that's why it's important to get non-activated version... Plus offline version hasn't been patched to the most recent version (we are in version 1.2.1.10... you can see some of the changes the patches has made to judge wether you really need a fully up-to-date game: http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/1-2-1-10-patch-steam.41325/

If you are happy the way it is, then it's not worth the trouble but there has been a number of patches over the years changing for ex tire modelling, the old had a problem with overheating tires unrealistically, the current version handles tire temps more moderately, we got mostly too cold tires now... For me the updates is the key, if they would be just visual or menu fixes, then it wouldn't matter but this is sim and changes to sim core are not trivial, they are necessary improvements towards realism.. I don't know if offline version can be updated, i doubt it since it's meant to be delivered by Steam.
Wow, that is a lot to digest, for a sim noobie, thank you for your time with explantion. In other words, am I correct in saying, to get the most updated version of any SINBIN games,, (add-ons) it would be wise to purchase a digital download from Steam?
I have a friend that followed suit ...i.e. buying Boxed Race 07/ GT Legends(combo of ) or something, and is expecting it anyday.
He also bought rFactor boxed and says he has all kind of problems, compared to my ISI download, which was $40 to his $20.

Please advise, as I will send him this link ,per this conversation.

And what the heck is this? http://intermediafilesearch.com/search.html?type=all&search=trackmaprace07&wm=137&sub=1030 I did not touch it, is it/what is it/ track Race 07 map?

I wuld not trust it, dont know.

Those kind of sites are not to be trusted. They crawl around mediashare and similar public cloud storages and store filenames and include them in the google search results.. Some of these sites will just download malware changed to a filename to suit to whatever you searched, some don't even bother to do that... Sometimes i have found the file i'm looking for from these but i scan them with two computer and two different antivirs before opening them and observe file locations, addresses, javascript is off etc. It's dangerous so if you have any doubts, don't download from those sites.. They are named something like searchindex, virtualfiles, filesearch- something and they seems to have just the file you are looking for....

Yea, I'll be honest, not kowing hardly anything about this great SIMBIN sim , It was a bit tempting, but it just did not add up, even with the limited XP I have w/PC Sims.

It has been a very ,educating topic, and I am sure others have benefited from all of RD's imput.

Thanks so much! Some damn good people on this site, which seperates the "rest from the best"

Definately a humble contribution is past "due", certainly not enough, but it is something, and a little something from each one of us will hopefully keep the bills paid.

Cheers, Roger Thanks again.

As far as I know, the only real good use for the track map is seeing if anyone is coming by the pit exit when you are trying to leave the pits. If you are playing against AI, there isn't a huge problem, against real drivers, it helps to keep from spoiling someones race.

If you want the track map to learn tracks, you could go run some practice or time trials as they have trackmap (at least my offline time trials has it) until you get to grips with the track. As far as safe returns to track goes offline, does Race07 even penalize a unsafe return against AI?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 319 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 219 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 213 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 160 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 278 13.5%