RACE 07: Official announcement (release: autumn 2007)

Bram

Founder & Administrator
Staff
Premium
race07_boxcover.jpg

RACE 07 from SimBin comes loaded with new features and game modes

Multiple award winning game studio SimBin Development Team is proud to reveal some of the news in the eagerly awaited sequel to RACE called RACE 07, scheduled for release on PC this year.

RACE 07 will contain more than 200 cars in 11 different car classes and host 20 different circuits from all over the world, several of them being city racetracks never before featured in a racing game.

Next to the FIA WTCC seasons of 2006 and 2007 RACE 07 also contains open wheeler and sports car racing such as Formula 3000, Formula BMW and Radical SR3 and SR4.

A new and unique helmet cam view has been implemented to support the open cockpit cars specifically. This helmet view is directly affected by different weather effects as well as dirt and bugs on the helmet visor.

On top of this comes a new animation for removing virtual “Tear offs” from the helmets visor, just as in real racing where the helmet is heavily exposed during the races.

RACE 07 is also introducing a new “action camera cockpit view” that will add even more immersion and sensation of speed when driving from the cockpit.

RACE 07 supports both a normal according to real life championship mode as well as a new custom championship mode where you can mix cars and classes, not to mention tracks, as you wish. In addition RACE 07 also supports custom skins, especially important for communities and league racing.

The late changes in the calendar of the FIA WTCC events has resulted in several new circuits for SimBin to implement into RACE 07 and for this reason the release is now set to autumn 2007.

Keep a close eye on the SimBin website and/or the official RACE-website for news and more information; www.simbin.com www.race-game.org

hehe, everything the simmers said they missed in RACE, they all gonna put it now in RACE 07 :)

Good job, SimBin, but it doesn't stop the feeling i bought a game which wasn't complete all the time. Anyway, its seems that this game is really gonna be value for money.

And what about STEAM: Since RACE was encrypted and therefore nothing could be altered, are there notusing Steam for RACE 07 or will they use a brand new, hopefully better operating version of Steam.?

Woaaaah great news!
I'll spam the forum with skins when the game is released :)
Looks like nearly everything we wish is included, only no addon tracks... but maybe it will be possible too.

With the skin uploading there's a little difference between car skins and setups: the file size. Not sure if it will work properly online like the GTR2 setup system.

200 cars, do they mean like 10 Seat Leon, 6 Alfa 156 etc. or 200 different cars? And which are the other car classes?
Just can't wait =P~

nice...200 cars
but nooo....till autumn......oh well....
do you guys think now that it has autumn release....can they put the lizard engine in the game?

edit:
now also i hope that they can polish or rebuild Puebla for the 2006 season......make it like it suppose to be......i really like that track

if you check the yellow radical car you see other class cars in the background.. so that means that you can mix all cars in one game. awesome..

agree with robbe to thank simbin that they include all the things we wished for.. lots of respect to that!

• KL Mallender

RACE 2?

My Being late to the party is becoming painful, I think by the time I even get a handle on SIMM Online, let alone a New version of RACE, I`m hopful you guy`s can hook me up with decent seats in the GRAND STANDS, All kidding aside, I think it`s good to see Product Advancement. NO doubt that many of you have the "Skills to Pay the Bills". after watching a few replay`s , Some if not most of you are ready for New Challenges. Maybe I can be Happy doing a Lan deal with my son and my friends locally, Hell I thought GTL ? GTR was sweet.
thanks guys, KLM.

cars

i've been watching this with interest...pushing the release date to autum is no problem if it insures a more complete stable game..maybe though releasing the demo a little earlier could be good..i'm lookng to see how decent a job simbin can do on single seaters..

• Lars Gerrit Korb

Will the creation of custom skins be possible?

That's really what I am lookin for.
Btw, is it possible in the current RACE version?

Greetz

Lars

• Andrea Picchi

RACE 07: Official Game Details

TheStig[RPM said:
]
RACE 07 supports both a normal according to real life championship mode as well as a new custom championship mode where you can mix cars and classes, not to mention tracks, as you wish. In addition RACE 07 also supports custom skins, especially important for communities and league racing.

many many good news... tracks, views, helets, ecc...
that's great !!!
:)
but custom skins are one of the most appreciated for a skinner like me!
\:D/

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.2%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 146 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 277 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing