RACE 07: Official announcement (release: autumn 2007)

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
race07_boxcover.jpg

RACE 07 from SimBin comes loaded with new features and game modes

Multiple award winning game studio SimBin Development Team is proud to reveal some of the news in the eagerly awaited sequel to RACE called RACE 07, scheduled for release on PC this year.

RACE 07 will contain more than 200 cars in 11 different car classes and host 20 different circuits from all over the world, several of them being city racetracks never before featured in a racing game.

Next to the FIA WTCC seasons of 2006 and 2007 RACE 07 also contains open wheeler and sports car racing such as Formula 3000, Formula BMW and Radical SR3 and SR4.

A new and unique helmet cam view has been implemented to support the open cockpit cars specifically. This helmet view is directly affected by different weather effects as well as dirt and bugs on the helmet visor.

On top of this comes a new animation for removing virtual “Tear offs” from the helmets visor, just as in real racing where the helmet is heavily exposed during the races.

RACE 07 is also introducing a new “action camera cockpit view” that will add even more immersion and sensation of speed when driving from the cockpit.

RACE 07 supports both a normal according to real life championship mode as well as a new custom championship mode where you can mix cars and classes, not to mention tracks, as you wish. In addition RACE 07 also supports custom skins, especially important for communities and league racing.

The late changes in the calendar of the FIA WTCC events has resulted in several new circuits for SimBin to implement into RACE 07 and for this reason the release is now set to autumn 2007.

Keep a close eye on the SimBin website and/or the official RACE-website for news and more information; www.simbin.com www.race-game.org

• Hackett

MrMystic[RPM said:
]It might seem a little odd, but they can be used as support classed... :) And I do think that it will make RACE a little more accessible for a wider public.

Good point!

Brad.

RichardSWE said:
i think the F3000 series will be the most played series on the online mode

I think the WTCC will remain teh main feature of the game, because Touring Car Style just rocks and that's probably what people buy the game for. But no doubt the the openwheelers will be a very popular series as well.

• Lars Gerrit Korb

I think that, too.

Touring Cars are the class most players can identify mostly with because they drive similar in their RL.

I think that is one of the reasons why F1 never has been improved by EA-Sports, except for the consoles.

I dont think that will happen with the setups woofer. In the current version of RACE you see that you can alter lots of setupstuff, but its not highlighted
- Splitter
- Rev limiter
- Duct
- etc

I think they will use it for the open wheelers in RACE 07

But i hear you and do support the idea of a standard class where its all about driving skills only.

For the server it would be nice to have:
- ip bans to keep the rammers/swearers out
- add tracks to roomlist without restarting server
- racing minutes instead of racing laps
- fixed setups

Scyp[RPM said:
]
RichardSWE said:
i think the F3000 series will be the most played series on the online mode

I think the WTCC will remain teh main feature of the game, because Touring Car Style just rocks and that's probably what people buy the game for. But no doubt the the openwheelers will be a very popular series as well.

Yes ofcorse my foult.. And yeah the touringcars rocks and it is grate and close racing.

Hi Stig,

Yes is true that I will like to buy.

And the problem is how I am going to pay, because I just wanted to do some donation but I found out that to charge by credit card there is no ( Macau ) I have asked the RPMnet.org about this matter just the first day I join the club here, and the answer was asking me to pay by pay pall.:confused:

Best regards

Jojo

My WTCC Idol

I am waiting for few months for the ( race 07 ) I will buy it once is release, you guys can't imagine how much I like the WTCC race, for all the drivers in Europe after their dinner mostly they will start to race the WTCC maybe is around 9:00pm or 10:00pm but for me in Macau is already 3:00am or 4:00am in the morning, and on Saturday night I am racing untill 8:00am, so what will happen when to me when the race 07 release?, I will sleep:sleep: while I am racing, he..he.., I am not a good driver but I always try my best to be fair.
Bram Hengeveld and Syltas Grabb they are my idol in WTCC, they are really good drivers.

Please just let me know in the first minute when the race 07 is release, thank you.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 287 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 193 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 250 13.4%