RACE 07 Multiplayer Lobby Server Down - 27/10/2014

Sonat Ozturk

Sector3 Studios
Hi,

UPDATE
10/11/2014

The servers are back up now

As some of you might know SimBin is no more. The studio has gone through bankruptcy and a restructuring phase. From the ashes Sector3 Studios was born.

During the restructuring a lot of the assets were split between two companies and due to an unfortunate oversight, certain assets such as the ownership of RACE 07 MP servers were not transferred to the parties that now own the rights to the game.

Although it is not Sector3's responsibility, we are doing our best to sort this out as soon as possible. We are working with all parties to get this issue resolved. Unfortunately this takes time as there are some legal procedures we need to follow.

I just thought I would explain the reason. We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. Rest assured, we are doing what we can to bring the MP lobby back up as soon as possible.

Last edited:
Actually, it seems like they took care of the rights & IP and those do now reside with them, according to an earlier post by Jay. They "just" forgot to transfer the ownership of the actual server, as well - at least that's how I'm understanding it/combining the existent informations ;)

The rights/projects/ip's of SimBin have been transferred to Sector3 and RaceRoom Entertainment. I do not know the split of what has gone where, but it is safe to assume that the "classic" game IP's have been transferred to RRE or are shared between the two entities.

Although right now at this moment of time we may or may not be legally responsible for these services, we feel morally obligated doing all we can to get these services back up, similar to what we have done after 10Tacle (our previous publisher) went bankrupt in 2008 and GTR, GTR2 and GTL lobby services were planned to go down.

As previously mentioned on RD right now we have no access to these servers as due to human error they were not transferred to the new entities and the service provider has taken them down. As Sonat said we are in contact with the lawyers overseeing the SimBin bankruptcy to get our hands on these servers as soon as possible. But as the last few days have proven to us, this will take some time.

Last edited:
The rights/projects/ip's of SimBin have been transferred to Sector3 and RaceRoom Entertainment. I do not know the split of what has gone where, but it is safe to assume that the "classic" game IP's have been transferred to RRE or are shared between the two entities.

Although right now at this moment of time we may or may not be legally responsible for these services, we feel morally obligated doing all we can to get these services back up, similar to what we have done after 10Tacle (our previous publisher) went bankrupt in 2008 and GTR, GTR2 and GTL lobby services were planned to go down.

As previously mentioned on RD right now we have no access to these servers as due to human error they were not transferred to the new entities and the service provider has taken them down. As Sonat said we are in contact with the lawyers overseeing the SimBin bankruptcy to get our hands on these servers as soon as possible. But as the last few days have proven to us, this will take some time.
Any update yet??

we have been responding to the publicly available messages people can read on our social platform, but same goes there as goes for here until we know or have more information or a plan of action, there is not much more we can tell.

Ohmygushyes2.gif

Yay at last but please hurry sector 3 as you are fast losing me to the darkside of assetto corsa and I don't want to be their , now Ive had over a week to try it and set my wheel up properly im actually enjoying it a lot so puuuhleeease hurry lol....

AC is quite nice, but the race times during the week are clashing with my other duties so I've only been able to jump into one weekend race with them. I was seriously outclassed and lapped twice during a one hour race - normal really. :D

They seem to race RWD GT cars a lot and I'm not keen on those. Race 07 gives me my WTCC/STCC and Minis which is where my heart lies :inlove:

(R3E needs Minis)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.2%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 146 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 277 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing