RACE 07 MP Lobby Crash issue

Sonat Ozturk

Sector3 Studios
Hi all,

We have cleared out the server list in order to investigate and maybe find the culprit dedicated server (if there is one) that is causing the issue.

Dedicated servers will need to restart in order to re-register their server to appear back in the lobby.

Whether it is an illegal character in a server name, or a troublesome content or a setting, we will keep investigating and hopefully resolve the issue.

Thank you for your understanding.

Last edited:
Might it be possible to create a trick so that an entry with illegal caracters may not be accepted in your servers, Sonat ?

This would be the only way to avoid such bad surprises in the future.
No more lost time for your team and no problems any longer for the players.

I'm no programmer at all ... but there is surely a possibility .

It is easy to create a block for server entries with illegal characters but this particular server actually did not have any of these characters.

To be perfectly honest, when looking at the values superficially, we couldn't see anything suspicious. The name was normal, the content was familiar and everything else on the surface seemed ok. The team will investigate it further, dig a bit deeper and see what we can do.

Last edited:
Many thanks for your answer with more precisions, Sonat.
.. hoping you'll find the specific reason of the problem in this case.
It would surely help if this might be added to a created block ... if this one still doesn't exist or would be created in a near future.

Anyway, congratulations for Simbin's interest and your personal participation giving information to the forum. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

yesterday, the servers were ok .... but there is a cheater on a server . he can freeze the game of peoples .he crash my game multiple times...he can take the same name as the people on the server, his nickname is "LA" or "L" and other ...not be a big problem but it is annoying.

Sorry for the late reply. I was in Monza so I couldn't update you guys.

We have banned the culprit and everything seems ok now.

There seem to be few issues in MP gameplay which we're looking at but these are related to the file conversion.

I just got a CTD of the same way as when these problems occured. Maybe you can see a particular server of the "corrupt" type which is online at the moment? Or maybe it is just me having these issues now.

Edit: the lobby server list starts to load some servers, but before the list has been filled 100% as it seems, it crashes.

Edit 2: dont know if this can help, but I submit 2 mini-dumps url:s of the same crashes in a row from the location C:\Users\P\Documents\SimBin\RACE 07 Install 3\Minidump\:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/19942336/Race_Steam_1.2.1.10-20130917-145418-1200-8752.dmp
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/19942336/Race_Steam_1.2.1.10-20130917-151313-5516-10160.dmp

Last edited:
It was for a while.. It was so short that it might be just a human error and who ever put the server online, took it off. There was one server afterwards that had huge ping and "example - example - example" type of name.. He just might've tried to do something cute with special characters.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back