Race #07, Monaco: Post-Race Discussion

They are not invisible walls, but there are bugs indeed.

Anyway with drivers testing for 2 weeks, it should not be an issue to avoid the walls, it wasn't for me at least.

This track was chosen because we'd been using the same track for about 10 years it seems. Our track team tried their best to fix the guardrails but due to time limits, some bugs were still there.

Congrats to Pat for his pole, hopefully he can get a good result as well.

dont agree with that dennis, if you see a gap or a chance you go for it.. if you dont your not a racer.. obviosly you cant lunge from miles away as they are evenly matched like you say but if huis made a mistake and left a gap launch it up inside.. no other option..

I would just like to say im sorry for my connection i hate disconnecting because i feel i let you guys down doing live timing. Lucky Dennis was there to help and did a great job commentating. It was a great weekend for FSR plenty of action and hats off to all race winners and everyone else that took part. It was a pleasure commentating on all 3 races and i cant wait for Montreal. Thanks for the intense races and ill see you in montreal. :)

did a good job liam, i must say it would be good if you could have the live timing up all time as having one guy look at that realy helped the race, we all knew the sectors etc.. was great ! so well done !

In WT, we had a super clean race! most clean this weekend, only dnf's where due to engine faliures or driver errors not due to track bugs.

I think its more down to driving really ,the track run great all weekend and any dnf's where due to driver error's touching walls etc, which in real life also means end of race.

Q: It was a good opportunity for me to be in the top 10 for this race but I didn't got the lap I could in Q1 so an other 14th place for me.

R: I knew that there was going to be a drama in first lap so I was more than carefull. But in the swimming pool shicane somebody spun and his car was still going backwards so we made a contact there that could have been avoided. After this I had suspension problem and couldn't get the pace I had on team practise. On lap 29 I had a scary moment in the tunnel avoiding a flying tire! Kept a safe pace for the rest of the race to finish but due to damaged suspension I made a mistake that costed me a 91 seconds pistop. So at the end of the day I made a 9th place finish so 2 first points for me in WC, in a very demanding track.
Congrats to Bono and Fred, they were awesome once again!
And ofcourse to Pat De Witt for pole and podium finish!

track is very good, stop crying , if u test then u know where is wall bugs, then u know where u need to be careful,
if u are top simracer u know how to drive then .

Track was ****, and oh you know where wall bugs are. Yea that says it all. Racing shouldn't be need to learn where some bugs are... . Great one.
And btw I did not touch one, but these bugs create avoidable danger which we clearly saw here. And sorry, I pay fees to drive on buggy tracks, I don't think so. Next year Monaco F1 won't care about the gully covers then I guess, if they pop out after lets say GP2 Practice, all F1 drivers know where they are and can avoid them. Apparently that's what top drivers should do then. They don't need to fix them. naah, why should they. -.-

Grats to the Podium and Jim for the points :)

Congrats Bono for an awesome race once again!

About the Monaco track, I must say the track layout is much better than the one used during the previous years. Finally we got rid of the bumps which really aren't there in real life. About the barriers, my only 6 laps were not enough to know about them, so I don't have an opinion on this matter. However, it must be doable to avoid them if you tested enough.

About the crash of Atze, it reminds me to the one Ralf Schumacher made a few year ago in his Toyota. Just a few inches too close, clipping the front suspension. This wasn't an issue of the track for sure.

I hope to get a bit more involved in simracing again, but for sure not as a racing driver. I'm more searching for a testing role. I have to note that I don't have much time though.

"My race ended after 1st turn, when trying to avoid pummalainen i moved to right and hit tali...really sorry for incident, but i those situation i could cause and incident anyway."

About the track i think theres a lot of wall bugs yea, but apart of that i hope until friday that the road grip of track would fixed from 0.98 to 1.00 as usual, and like we used last year...unfortunatly i started to train too late :)

Gpcos:
Very sad day.

Q1 I had a bad first attempt, but was enough for p3.

Q2 is where the trouble started. During my lap I appeared to be in Someones whisperlist on Team Speak. Over 50% of the lap I had to listen to extremely loud commentary, instead of my own engine. So a good position was simply impossible. But a good lesson learned here.

R: Had a decent start. I think I passed 2 drivers in the first sector. After that Rouault clipped a bugged wall and got launched full into me. Incredible damage and the car was undrivable. Was able to follow Morand and Room dispite the damage, but the car was all over the place with rear wing and side damage. My only change for a podium was to leapfrog those two drivers, but that didn't work out either.
After the pit I was just chasing with a limping car until I touched the wall on the inside and my car got parked.

Big shame, because the pace was there. Had some real good preparation for everything thanks to my engineer. Grats to Bono (ctrl-v from last 7 races) and Fred. Cya in Canada, I believe it's my future favourite track.

About the incident, it's ofcourse unnatural how the wall responded to such a slight touch, but I knew this could happen from practice, so I really don't blame the track. After all I was the guy in the team who told everybody to simply not touch any walls in race :). Only with damage this task became much more difficult :D. It was a great version and I enjoyed every single lap of practice here.

Congrats Bono for an awesome race once again!

About the Monaco track, I must say the track layout is much better than the one used during the previous years. Finally we got rid of the bumps which really aren't there in real life. About the barriers, my only 6 laps were not enough to know about them, so I don't have an opinion on this matter. However, it must be doable to avoid them if you tested enough.

About the crash of Atze, it reminds me to the one Ralf Schumacher made a few year ago in his Toyota. Just a few inches too close, clipping the front suspension. This wasn't an issue of the track for sure.

I hope to get a bit more involved in simracing again, but for sure not as a racing driver. I'm more searching for a testing role. I have to note that I don't have much time though.

you have to be kidding right ? or someone paid you to write this lol ? there is a hill in thetunnel ffs haha.. its not there in real life.. the track has bumps in tabac ffs.. the track does not have a bump on exit of tunnel like real life.. it was miles off man ?

Also to Lukas great post there i liked that realy good !

Yes, I agree with what you say, and unfortunatelly I wasn't paid to say this...

I just wanted to mention that the previous years track had too many bumps overall. That track with a smoother surface would have been the best solution. But in the end, it's up to the directors to decide whether a certain track is used or not. Also keep in mind that if a track suffers from a bug, that it's the same for everyone. Just like Atze said: keep off the walls.

But as I said before, I have no point in the discussion about the walls as I only drove 6 laps. Now let's move on to Canada, I'm sure you'll be able to get everything together there!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 299 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 209 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 201 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 150 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 266 13.6%