RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Group 2

Practice

Meh. Not comfortable with the car at all, particularly in the braking department.

Qualification
I elected to stay in the pits for the first 10 minutes or so and watch how people were getting on in order to apply it to my predicament, but I spotted a few people lagging and spent the rest of the session discussing various procedures regarding what to do when you're seen to be lagging - more on that in another thread.

I will take this opportunity to apologise to Steve Emmons though; I really didn't mean to come across as a lag nazi, if I had been aware of your ongoing situation beforehand I wouldn't've chased you up on it - It's just that usually it's a case of people forgetting that they're running something in the background or somesuch. It's very difficult to know if you're lagging unless you're told (due to the fact that only your upstream can be affected), and it's everyone's duty therefore to point it out - we need to have solid procedures in place. I really do hope you can find a way of getting on top of the issue.

Anyway, I went out with a couple of minutes to go and ruined my outlap, and only got around half way around a hot lap before the session changed, so I started last - P17.

Race 1
In a tremendous display of 'square peg round hole' syndrome, I totally forgot to put fuel back in the car - so; that, combined with the fact that my car felt like it had the stability properties of a ball bearing on top of a running washing machine in the back of a ford transit with broken suspension trying to do the paris dakar rally during an earthquake ... <inhale> ... under braking, and the fact that I was right on the arse end of the grid really made it rather a done deal before the lights even came on.

Not that that would stop me having some great battles, mind. I got a decent enough start (wub clutch) and tried to keep as much out of the inevitable tamburello silliness as was possible. I had a couple of super close laps with Broxman, unfortunately tapping him twice - once due to him slowing more than I expected when he hit a bump a bit wrong (which I ironically did on every lap other than that one), and another because I didn't quite react as fast as I would like to have done; sorry mate! No harm done fortunately.

I ended up pitting twice for fuel and ended up P... 12 or 11 - last.

Race 2
I got a reasonable start off the line and again tried to avoid the sillybuggers at tamburello with reasonable success, ending up scrapping with Tepa up near the podium places, until he was very unfortunately taken out at the chicane. From then on it was largely a case of defending against ocin in a BMW - something I'm very familiar with in an Alfa; remember Brno? :) Ultimately I believe a mistake was made somewhere and none other than Tepa, in a great comeback drive, replaced the BMW in the mirrors with a Honda, and his late-race speed was just too much for me in my boat to defend against, so I ended up crossing the line in 4th position. (or 5th. Brain like a sieve tonight :p)

My first ever online race in Race 07, so I was really nervous.
:sign0016:
A bit of nervousness is good, but try to relax as much as posbible :duh: otherwise you will "over drive" your car and push it over it's abilities.

...In turn 1 disaster strikes as my antivirus software (avast antivirus) decides to update its virus database. This resulted in my fps dropping to 1-5...
I recomend you to either get a AV in which you can set it to "game mode" when needed, or turn the automatic updates off and remember to manually update it instead. Myself - I'm using ZoneAlarm which has a "game mode" ( it will not interfer with updates nor dialogs about this and that), but when I'm attending a race I usually turn it off completely :)
...and so I hit the car in front of me which was broxmans (so sorry!) and as I tried to steer out of the race track I hit Karl Westmans car (also so sorry)
:bear_flower:
No problem!
See you in the next FD :drive:
:sign0021:
Kind regards,
Karl

Was looking forward to the race, but it wasn't to be my day. Qualified 6'th or 7'th, but due to lag problems the better part of valour was to make a graceful exit before the race started.

Jamie, No problems m8. I didn't realize it was as bad as it was. You were doing what you needed to do. One of the things that attracted me to the RD was the committment to providing a quality experience and I would feel quite badly if I detracted from that in some way. Really hate some of those internet knuckleheads... :)

I've really worked to resolve the problem and even got some comments that it seemed better. Guess that wasn't the case today though...:) A month or so ago I did ask what "lag etiquette" should be, but didn't see a response. Perhaps because it was part of a post-race post... Anyway, I wasn't purposefully trying to ignore you or the situation.

Unfortunately for me I think it's coming to the end of the road. I'm not a computer novice and have a few more things to try at my end, but they don't seem likely to resolve the situation. After some more research I'm beginning to think my connection is being affected by my isp's "traffic shaping" policies. Guess it's time to try another isp if I can find one.

Good racing!

Fun,Jani Kuhno :)
yesterday,my place is 2008-05-11 AM-02:20 Start Qualify,very tired,
andthis track no more practice,but this not important,
i on the track more mistake,and my G25 just bought 1 week,
this is my G25 first race,is lose,
i need more practice for G25,
but, yesterday fun.thank you all brother :)

And the race 2,in lap 2,i crash Pirro,on that time,i no feel continue race,
First is my wheel can not handle,
second is me mistake,crash other car,
So,very **** feel,
Now, i hope in Valencia can run good :)

fun in the beemer

for me, taking the E46 in Imola was the fun-nightmare I thought it would be. After about 20 laps of offline training I had my times down from 2:25 to 2:08, doing a lap without spin was still a struggle, though.

Quali: first outing with full tank, another interesting surprise; ended up 15th of 17.

race1: managed to stick to my commitment of "NO SPIN" till the very last lap, when I finally lost it. Had a lot of fun all alone, it was more like playing Richard Burns Rally :) finished 12th

race2: after a bad start (tried starting in zero gear) which turned into a good start (10th after t3) the racing gene got me and I tried to actually compete rather than just keep 'er on the gray stuff. Trying to chase a Chevy, I lost her and lost her again a little later: splitter gone and front axle kinda' twisted. Now the driving was real fun because you never knew how the Bavarian beauty would react :) After two Black Flags and a puncture I called it a day.

Next up: the other Beemer (call it a challenge!)

did a movie http://forum.racedepartment.com/friendly-development-wtcc-series/3255-fd-wtcc-media.html#post92112

Group 2

Quali: Been a while since I last drove a rear drive car... so had to re-learn it all over :D. Still managed to keep it reasonably on track at the end of qualifying.

Race 1: Decided to take it easy and just try to finish the race without spinning off (much like Eckhart :D). I had forgotten to do a drive with full tank at the end of quali and I was surprised how awfull the beemer handled in the first lap! Still it was better after lap one and I managed to keep her on track pretty much. Because of other peoples mistakes I actually managed to climb up to p.6 or 7 but then I think my tires were getting worn as I was having more and more difficulties to not make any mistakes. Spinned a few times and dropped back to p.9. All for the best as this way I wasn't on pole for race 2 :D.

Race 2: Started in p.9 and I forgot how fast the bmw is from the starting line, I was of like a rocket and hit Karl in front of me (only slightly fortunately, still sorry Karl!). Going into the first corner it looked like a scene from "The Mist"... couldn't see a thing lol! But got through ok. Again struggling with the BMW in lap 1 and settled in a rythm after that. Did OK I think, had a few nice little fights. Very nice overtaking manouvre from Karl! :thumb:. Ended up in p.9 again after making some mistakes at the end. Pretty much a rerun from race 1 lol! :D

Thanks for the great races guys! :thumb:

Mixed feelings about this one.

Race one: start was a bit messy, lot's of small incidents everywhere it seemed and of course people spinning in front of me with nowhere to go... I also hit ET in the club part, sorry about that, luckily I could give you a little tap again to put you in the right direction again! :D
After that had some nice little fights with Christophe and some others. Ended in p14 I think.

Race two... well... gonna watch the replay first...

i made a little fault :) so i think i finished 15, you finished 13:D

second race, very good start (p15 too i think 11) but then anybody hit me in the tarzan and i had a stop and go??? I dont know why

Group 2

Race 2
From then on it was largely a case of defending against ocin in a BMW - something I'm very familiar with in an Alfa; remember Brno? :) Ultimately I believe a mistake was made somewhere and none other than Tepa, in a great comeback drive, replaced the BMW in the mirrors with a Honda, ...

Nice racing as always Jamie. I drove the 2006 E90. I felt it lags some horse power. I tried to carry speed through the chicane in order to pass you on the way down to Rivazza but did not get the timing right. From time to time I missed the line and got warnings ending up in the box for a 10 second teatime ...

Late report... oh well,

Qualified in 4th without running any lap with the Seat yet, I thought it was 1.59.7 or something, but I know I could've been faster.

Anyway, race 1 was soooooooooooooooooooo NICE! First time I really felt I was looking for the opponents to not crash in to them with my Takuma Sato actions. Had great fights with Ben Tusting and a chasing Attila Domjan behind me. Boy oh boy, I knew I was faster than Ben but just couldn't pass him! Great defending! Last lap I got a Sn'G penalty that killed me and brought me 6th, just when I got Ben Tusting the lap before and made a gap to 2 seconds.

Oh yeah, my cat was causing some problems sometimes when he was infront of the screen and half on the steeringwheel. One time this caused a slide of the track.. but, for some reason, I managed to get it back on track! I watched it over and over, and am still suprised by it, lol.

Also sorry for the early braking in some turns Attila, don't know why I say sorry for this but it could cause some frustrating moments I guess :p.

Race 2 wasn't so nice. Just can be clear about one thing. 2 Sn'G's and a disqualification, oh well, doesn't really matter. I got the dq when I refused to go in pit, lol.

Event proposed by Michael Herrmann

Event details
Game: Race07
Date: 30th of May 2008
Server: RaceDepartment.com
Class: Mini
Circuit: Hermanos Rodriguez 88 NoGrip :: Race 07 Downloads - Hermanos Rodriguez 88

Password: http://forum.racedepartment.com/impo...-password.html

Event schedule (GMT time)
Practice: 18:00, 30 mins
Qualifying: 18:30, 30 mins
Race: 19:00, 2 x 15 laps

Server settings
Allowed driving aids: Auto clutch/auto gears
Fuel: Normal
Tyres: Normal
Weather: Dry
Failures: Normal

Signups