RACE 07 + matrox triple head digital + resolution

• Thread starter Michael van Zadelhoff
  • Start date
M

Michael van Zadelhoff

• Michael van Zadelhoff

People,

Little question from my side here. I have this idea to buy the matrox triple head 2 go digital and 3 widescreens (20" or 22"). What is the maximum resolution i can set in Race07? Can i play with 1680x1050 with this setup, which means 5040x1050?

Pls help me out on this.

Thanks in advance.

M. van Zadelhoff

When in cockpit view can you see with that setup the front and the two side windows?

I think I have seen something like that before, but that was actually before I started myself to race sims. So I am not sure which game that was.

This is what i see in cockpit view

Cockpit_view.jpg

Hmmm.... good but not perfect, I think.

I would like to see more from the right window, so I could see what is happening next to me and the inner mirror looks odd.

Though with that setup my two buttons on the G25 would be sufficient, one to look back (in the mirror you don't see who is behind you, that's why I sometime want to look back), the other one to look right.

This is a Chevy, isn't it? I currently I have a 1680x1050 and if I am not mistaken, when in cockpit view I can not see the inner mirror at all (when using real mirrors).
Have you ever tried to replace the middle screen with a wide screen? Or do they have to be 3 identical screens (otherwise the row handling could be a problem)?

On my second screen, 1280x1024 I have the Realtime Telemetry running...so altogether I would need 2 more screens :D.

So the follow on cost are the problem (1 new graphics adapter, probably new Mobo and 2 new screens), so guess I will stick with my current setup, at least until the next general upgrade.

But yes, am jealous too :D

You can adjust the FOV to have further backwards position, this way you see more on the side, but i am not sure it worth it, since the same time you see less and less from the actual track in front of you. And the screen sizes, ye, they have to be 3 identical ones with TH2Go.

• Michael van Zadelhoff

Looks very nice with three screen. I'll quess i must take the risk. If it doesn't look nice now then it will in the near future.

Now i have to find 3 screens with my needs, ie

- 22"
- native resolution of 1680x1050
- DVI-D Dual Link
- no speakers builtin
- no pivot function, cause the will be mounted to a rack
- vesa compliant (75x75 or 100x100)
- narrow sides to limit view blocking

I was thinking about the Iiyama ProLite E2201W-2, but if anyone has suggestions .....more then welcome.

Please post a snap when you are done, I would be really curious!

I have a long track of Samsung screens (can't check which I currently have as I am not at home), but I never bought screens just from the specs, you need to see them if you ask me!

• Dunnynz

TripleHead2Go with 3 x 46" LCD's

Hi all

I have a TripleHead2Go Digital unit we use in my office & I set up this on three Ultra slim bezel 46" NEC LCD's. Each screen runs 1366 x 768, so total resolution of 4098 x 768.

This is what I call real simulation - it's a shame we only had it up for a day to test.

Attachments

• IMG_0075.jpg
    IMG_0075.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 456
  • IMG_0080.jpg
    IMG_0080.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 321
  • IMG_0089.jpg
    IMG_0089.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 356
Hi all

I have a TripleHead2Go Digital unit we use in my office & I set up this on three Ultra slim bezel 46" NEC LCD's. Each screen runs 1366 x 768, so total resolution of 4098 x 768.

This is what I call real simulation - it's a shame we only had it up for a day to test.

Wow!! this looks nice!! You can buy these pretty cheap in the US today, so you could have heaven for a little under $2k :) Awesome!! THanks for sharing!!

I would like to ask a question about the TripleHead.

Does it impact on your graphics card, slowing it down? Or does the TripleHead boost the performance to the two extra screens?

PS:
Don't know whether you guys have seen this, although quite expensive at the moment!
http://www.beststuff.com/blog/2009/06/04/nec-finally-launching-its-43-inch-monitor.html
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sch8tRVUPnQ"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sch8tRVUPnQ[/ame]

I would like to ask a question about the TripleHead.

Does it impact on your graphics card, slowing it down? Or does the TripleHead boost the performance to the two extra screens?
As far as I know TripleHead2Go directly takes the output of one graphics card, so the card has to calculate 3x the normal screen size, but that's all.

SoftTH is a software solution which additionally copies the screen's content and therefore has CPU overhead, but reportedly still works quite well with considerable frame rates.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 136 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 189 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 373 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 516 39.0%