RACE 07 league

Hello all.

im new here and i wana to know its any league for WTCC 2007 cars here and if is where i can join in that league?

tnx

im semi-pro driver for example i drive monza 07 2.02-2.03 and i dont wana to go in some ace league where all drive around 2.00 :)

Not at all, everybody should drive what they like to drive. I just don't agree that newcomers should start in a FWD car, thats all :)

99% of the racing cars are RWD and by only driving FWD cars people are missing out on a hell of a lot more cool cars in this game (and other simulations).

Practise, practise and practise.;) When I started playing with wheel I could not control any RWD car. Somehow it was much easier to control RWD using a pad. Now I got used to it and it's ok. If you are having problems with WTCC BMW then you can try Formula BMW first. In my opinion it's very easy to control although it drives like proper RWD car.

The problem I'm having is that no matter how hard I try I just can't do a lap below 2:04:xxx. I guess I will need to work a bit on my driving line but after watching other drivers I just can't see any major improvements I could make. Possibly it's the setup fault but I can't find any decent BMW setup for Monza and I'm crap at setting it myself.

Thanks. I'll check it tonight. At the moment I'm reading "Speed Secrets" written by Ross Bentley. Helps to understand how to balance the car properly so if you can find this book it would probably help you out.;) Didn't really improve my times but helped to do consistent laps which is important too. Also helps to understand what physics are doing to tires and car body when you drive.

The other book, which I'll hopefully read at some point, is "Going faster" by Carl Lopez. It seems like many amateur racers and some simracers praise this book so I might give it a shot.

Compare these two videos:
Doubler (splitscreen): http://youtubedoubler.com/?video1=T704nn2w38M&start1=0&video2=SJadtLjX6TQ&start2=0&authorName=CreamK

I had a huge problem at that time, no matter what i did i couldn't get any faster. I changed from pad to wheel a year ago and first lap times didn't improve, then started to get a lot better and then the progress suddenly just halted. The problem was racing line, not setups. The difference between decent and correct racing line is huge, about 3-4 seconds per lap! You can think that you're correct enough but enough is not racing lingo, you need to be absolute. I trained hard and got rid of that habits like turning too soon and no trailbraking. I was using the same line as i did with the pad. It's all resolved now and there's no need to deviate much from the default SimBin setup as they are very balanced. I can make a claim that more you have to change the setup, the more you have problems with driving.

I suggest the following to refine the racingline; you start braking a lot sooner and lighter than usual. Try to get maximum acceleration at corner exit. The focus should be on turn exits first, apex speed becomes very naturally in the same process. After a few laps the braking starts to automatically get later and much deeper to the corner until you release them just before apex and you put your foot to the floor much earlier. I found that by dealing with corners in that order, driving became easier and learning new tracks much faster. Use Time Attack for this training as you need the least amount of variables, just check from time to time in normal practice that you're not overdriving the tires.

Like I said I hardly find anything wrong with my racing line. I watched replays of how people drive and really my line appears to be good. Obviously, not perfect and I keep working on it but I started simracing a month ago so I'm simply not accurate enough. I believe I will get more accurate with more time on track. The other problem is my cheap Thrustmaster Wheel, which doesn't even have ffb. With no ffb I don't know when I lose traction so I can't really drive at the traction limit. I feel that I often accelerate too slowly but with no ffb I can't say where I lose grip and where to push. Also trailbraking is often a pure suicide with this wheel though I do it when I can.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 106 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 81 9.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 80 9.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 54 6.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 112 13.4%