RACE 07 Issues related to the Steam Conversion

Sonat Ozturk

Sector3 Studios
Hi all,

Both Valve and us here at SimBin, are looking into the potential remaining issues caused by the Conversion that was done few days ago.

Valve has fixed most, if not all of the issues. This is a mere check to see if there are any issues remaining that we may have missed.

If you have an issue that is occurring since the Conversion please let us know by replying here.

Thank you.

Seeing all these posts, I still wonder why some have problems and .... why other ones don't have any.
There must be something that causes this difference but I don't know what yet ! :(

Did you verify integrity of game cache for all your expansions ? maybe one or another missing file ? :unsure:

Hi guys,

Just a small update:

Some users might have an issue with "File verification". This has no effect on gameplay but it is an annoyance that comes up whenever you launch the game. This is because since the conversion, some files in different expansions overlap. Valve is going to take another look to see what they can do about this this week.

So are you\they still working on this?, as far as I can see the problem still exists 2-3 Months down the line?, is it going to be fixed or not?

Did this start happening recently?

Steam updated Race07 but didn't inform us about it. We're still trying to find out what happened. It might be related to that update but we'll look into it.

Is this the case for everyone or does anyone still see Online files?

Steam updated Race07 but didn't inform us about it. We're still trying to find out what happened. It might be related to that update but we'll look into it.

I can confirm on my end, no online setups. When I try it says "Connecting" then "Authenticating" then "Connecting" and doesn't move on from that.

Nope, As Vaughn says, this hasn't worked since the last BIG Steam update where Race 07 was moved to the COMMON folder.

can anybody help me? I bought race on including race 07 package on steam yesterday and the game simply wont start. I get the settings screen (video etc.) and confirm and after that nothgin.
I reinstalled everything
I verified authencity of game cache under properties.
i ran the game and steam as adminstrator.

Nothing works.
Any help? would really like to play the game

can anybody help me? I bought race on including race 07 package on steam yesterday and the game simply wont start. I get the settings screen (video etc.) and confirm and after that nothgin.
I reinstalled everything
I verified authencity of game cache under properties.
i ran the game and steam as adminstrator.

Nothing works.
Any help? would really like to play the game

Go to the steam install folder:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\race 07 and right click on the "Config" file. Select 'run as administrator' Make what changes you need to do and select 'OK'
Now go back to your Steam interface and run RACE 07 again. You might have to wait 30 seconds or so....

Should do the trick :)

Thank you for your reply.
Unfortunately it doesnt do the trick. I can do anything as you described, however after i start the game again in steam i get the same settings screen, confirm it and then nothing happens.

Anybody any other ideas?

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 114 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 156 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 299 27.8%
  • 100% offline racing